Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zero Off - Minimum set speed

Punyelroo

Has anyone tried using a Zero Off for surfing? The min set speed appears to be 15.5MPH which is a little fast - at least on the Slalom version ....?

Anybody know how to get it to work at lower speeds? Trick mode might work but cant test it right now....

Also the speed increments are a little too chunky for my liking - 1.9MPH is a bit coarse - any way to make them smaller?

I realise I'm using it for general recreation more so that course slalom for which its designed ... wondering if the wakeboard option might be better for my purposes?

Cheers

Punyelroo

Edited by Punyelroo

Punyelroo

I was under the impression you have Maliview? Set it to your desired speed. We use ours for all our disciplines and it works well,

Now saying this, all our pre-sets are set-up at 18 mph and above. ? hummmmm....Wonder if there is a minimum on it ?

Edited by Dare2goBare

Punyelroo

I was under the impression you have Maliview? Set it to your desired speed. We use ours for all our disciplines and it works well,

Now saying this, all our pre-sets are set-up at 18 mph and above. hummmmm....Wonder if there is a minimum on it ?

Dare, AFAIK when you have the ZO installed it disables the Maliview control - you cannot have both at once and choose - you have to disable the ZO to use the Maliview cruise. The Maliview shows the current speed etc but you have to set it manually in the ZO.

Someone did suggest you can choose in the later Maliview's but I am not sure about that.

• Like 1

How have you set up the TXI for surfing?

Any gates or external wave enhancements?

Not yet although have looked into gates. Just wedge, ballast and/or people right now.

We ski so its not a biggie for us - surfing is a #3 in the priority list :)

• Like 1

Dare, AFAIK when you have the ZO installed it disables the Maliview control - you cannot have both at once and choose - you have to disable the ZO to use the Maliview cruise. The Maliview shows the current speed etc but you have to set it manually in the ZO.

Someone did suggest you can choose in the later Maliview's but I am not sure about that.

Interesting, as I only have Maliview, Can’t test out for you with my Version of Firmware.

On a side note, did you do the Firmware Update??

Interesting, as I only have Maliview, Can’t test out for you with my Version of Firmware.

On a side note, did you do the Firmware Update??

I asked Malibu what version was latest as you suggested and they advised based on my HIN. I've updated it to their recommended version without any problems.

Edited by Punyelroo
  • Like 1

I am still stumped though haha. Trick ski or barefoot?

Barefoot - after a few of your #2 we might give the trick ski a bash :)

LOl.....Barefoot all the way!!! :) As JB-FOOT and I always allude to, the TMC can always use some good entertainment.

Especially after Number 2 :Tease3:

And as you know, I always accommodate the crew each season too..lol

Edited by Dare2goBare

LOl.....Barefoot all the way!!! :) As JB-FOOT and I always allude to, the TMC can always use some good entertainment.

Especially after Number 2 :Tease3:

And as you know, I always accommodate the crew each season too..lol

There is some talk between the grommets they are going to try the idea of ski on 50 different things in one day (they'll be lucky to do a few I think...) - that should generate a few laughs and hopefully no trips to the hospital !!! I hear esky's, kitchen equipment and picnic tables being mentioned a lot :)

• Like 1

There is some talk between the grommets they are going to try the idea of ski on 50 different things in one day (they'll be lucky to do a few I think...) - that should generate a few laughs and hopefully no trips to the hospital !!! I hear esky's, kitchen equipment and picnic tables being mentioned a lot :)

Lol....hope they post pic and vids.

A few years ago. ...at this point it doesn't seam that long ago....lol

we strapped lawn chairs onto Hydro slides with bungee cords....remember "Hydro Slides".....lol.

May of had a few number 2's at this point . ...maybe more.....and went for a ride. Went well till

you crash & burned, no way of getting back on with out the help of two OP holding the board at the

beach.

That sounds fun. I'm not sure which kitchen equipment will float, but that's not really a requirement.

Time to make a list....

I believe baking trays - I'm not sure they've thought that one through ..... [emoji33]

Never tried chairs on a hydro slide ( yes I have to admit I remember them ) but have done the old standing on a chair on a disc routine ....

Edited by Punyelroo
  • Like 1

After a few #2's, piece of plywood, a wood latter, and a friendly bet between friends on who can get the latter setup on the plywood and climb to the top!

That sounds like a plan ... Grommets are into it ....[emoji2]

We don't have wooden ladders much here so that's a catch with that one ....

Might try skiing on a pallet though ...

Let you know - up there tomorrow !!!

• Like 2