Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zone Controller Installation - Where do you run the RCA's from the dash

ncarilli

I have a 2010 LSV247, I plan on installing a zone controller EQ in the spring, My boat has the factory 3 amp set up and I plan on mounting the EQ on the right side of the dash as most people do. So when installing this I would need 4 sets of RCA's (1 for each amp and 1 for the main from the black box) from under the observers area to the dash is this correct? If so where do most of you route these wires to get from one side of the boat to the other? How long are the RCA's that you ran? Thanks

15-20 fters are plenty. You crossover to the helm at the walkway if you have affront tank. If not you have to fish under the floor or go ALL the way around the bow. Then you will need longer RCA's.

I was thinking about going with the Wet Sounds because I like the idea of the mic, but I am willing to take suggestions... I do not have a front tank so I guess I will need longer RCA's and go from the black box and the amps all the way around the bow to the dash. Does this sound right? Should I run power from there to or just pick it up under the dash? Some people mention noise issues if you don't pick up power and ground from the source. Thanks for your help everyone!

I would run around the bow as a last resort. If you look inside the compartment in the far right hand corner, looking towards the bow there is a hole in the floor. There is another hole under the helm on the left hand side. You can get a good fish tape and fish from one hole to the other, or even a longer piece of wire. These holes are how the factory gets wiring from one side to the other. I would use those first. Shorter cable run and much cleaner in the long run, but that's just me.

I would also run a dedicated power, ground, and remote line from the amps power distribution block over to your EQ also. Its a safe bet to avoid unwanted noise in the system.

Edited by Bawshogg
  • Like 1

ncarilli,

Good EQ/controller choice. But it would be my first choice for a completely different reason than the feature you mentioned. I think the biggest benefit of the Wetsounds EQ is that it is two separate discrete equalizers in a single chassis. You can adjust the tower speakers independently of the in-boat zone. That's important because typically the tower speakers are often HLCD and the in-boat speakers are conventional coaxials, not to mention the usage and demands are quite different between the zones.

To put a finer point on the good advice of running power, ground & remote leads while running the transverse to and from RCA cables... Power & ground = 14-gauge for both. Remote turn-on lead = 18-gauge.