Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV 10's and G4

Wake23LSV

apparently four will fit with an adapter?

four%20rev%2010%20on%20g4_zps4gyczrxl.jp

That's correct. You can get 2 pairs of REV10's on the g4 tower by using the Wet Sounds thick CNC spacers in place of the spacers in the X-Mount Kit for the outside pair of speakers and by using the Illusion DXT adapters for the inside set of REV10's.

Attached are some of the install of the REV-10s on the Malibu G4 tower.

Some answers:
1. There is plenty of room to pull a 4 OHM run inside the g4 tower. (PTM Factory is a 2 OHM 14 gauge run) I was able to pull independent 12 gauge run for each speaker. I also pulled a RG-58 (50 ohm) coax for a marine VHF antenna. You can see both in this picture.
2. You do not need the 1/2” spacers to allow clearance on the outboard REV-10s to clear the tower gusset. The standard X-Mount works just fine. The factor bolts are to long. Even with 5 washers and a lock washer they were bottoming out and not allowing the speaker pod to synch
up onto the tower. I would recommend a 1” bolt to be included. I used 1” with a washer, lock washer, and thread lock (red).
3. The bolts for the DXT adapters were two long (The Tower Mount Bolts). I went to counter sunk 3/4” length hex. I also powder coated the bolts black to match the tower and adapter plate.
So a quick trip to the hardware store and the speaker mounting went very easy. The wiring took a bit more work if you want to change that out. You need special shrink tubing with adhesive and a low profile zip tie to attach to the retraction bungie. Also, I would recommend new wiring loom, but you may be able to salvage to original if you cut the shrink tubing carefully. I could have reused mine, but elected to run it all the way to the amps. The factory loom stops just after entering the boat from the tower mount.
Edited by HB Boater

Additional. Actually the second picture was with the 1/2" spacer. I removed this and went with the standard X-Mount. I wanted as much head room clearance as possible. Plus I think it looks better tight against the G4 tower.

post-27960-0-25585700-1429044108_thumb.j

post-27960-0-01181100-1429044109_thumb.j

Edited by HB Boater

A few more. As you can see in this picture the outboard 1/2" spacer was removed. IMO it looks better flush and a very little bit extra headroom.

post-27960-0-51620600-1429044223_thumb.j

post-27960-0-09268400-1429044224_thumb.j

Edited by HB Boater

Also, I couldn't stand the anchor (NAV) light on the pole. It was hideous, so I made an adapter plate and installed a permeant new light.

post-27960-0-38667700-1429044524_thumb.j

post-27960-0-14532800-1429044525_thumb.j

Boat break in...... BORING. Ten hours of no towing, no blast. Well, we finished this weekend. Had fun chasing the boat with the DJI.

post-27960-0-55825800-1429045427_thumb.j