Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV 10's and G4

Wake23LSV

Does anyone who has seen the G4 in person think Rev 10's will be much of an added clearance issue compared to the Rev/ Icon 8's? I held off on purchasing the Malibu version of the 8's due to price and want to use 10's instead. I'm 6'-1" and would like to keep clearance at a maximum. I haven't seen the G4 in person and don't have any idea of it's height off the floor.

Good question. I woulda sprung for the extra on the 10's with the "Malibu" style can if they did. I had the 8's on the list initially until I read some reviews on the 10's and how much better they sounded bass-wise.

It's going to be a tight fit form what I could tell. I was looking at a G4 tower the other day and man there isn't much room between the 8's on there.

It's going to be a tight fit form what I could tell. I was looking at a G4 tower the other day and man there isn't much room between the 8's on there.

Good thought. I didn't think of that clearance. That would add roughly 2" between the two at mounted stance.

I'm 5' 11" and my head will clip the bottom of the rev8's mounted on the G4 tower (w/o swivel mounts). I'm getting just one pair of tower speakers mounted in the outer positions so that I'm not hitting my head. My last two boats only had 1 pair also, so I'm not into blasting music down the lake anyway.

I'm 5' 11" and my head will clip the bottom of the rev8's mounted on the G4 tower (w/o swivel mounts). I'm getting just one pair of tower speakers mounted in the outer positions so that I'm not hitting my head. My last two boats only had 1 pair also, so I'm not into blasting music down the lake anyway.

I will start with one pair also in the outer mounts. Agreed, I'm sure after owning 1 pair of Rev 8's that 1 pair of 10's will be more than plenty! I keep those on an on/ off switch also since it's really only wakeboarding/ group date night that I use those anyway. Keeps it manageable in boat.

I got on here tonight for this very thing. I called wetsounds today and they don't have a mount for rev 10 for g4 yet I was told. Really want the rev 10s with led rings. If order from malibu you can't add led rings in the rev 8s.

Plus it comes with a crap amp. Now I wonder to I want to go back to G3?? Btw does the g4 have surf board pockets?

I'm getting the G4 even though there's no bimini that works in the down/ towing position without a ton of tear down, and the same for the Rev10 mounts, because I know it will happen soon. Wetsounds want's to sell speakers so they'll get it figured out. I was told GL is making a foldable bimini (meaning lower tower without the hassle of taking down the bimini) and should be available mid spring/ early summer just in time for the hot weather. Plus the look is really growing on me now. The G3 is awesome, but I think it won't be long before the G4 is most everyone's choice, although the price needs to come down!

Not too sure where i stand on the G4 tower, it has kind of a lego look to me. I still think the G3 is a more aesthetic tower, glad they didn't go away from it. G4 has some cool features, but also some draw backs, ie no tower mirror, 2 pair of rev10s don't fit, can't really add more than 4 speakers if you want, and just too blocky. I Understand the function wiht putting it down is outstanding, but if you don't need that I don't really see the point of it. The added cost makes it a non factor in my decision on my 2015, but even without that I wouldn't go that route. Reminds me of the alpha Z tower on tige and its limitations.

Edited by CJAY

I was on the fence about the G4, I chose to go with the 409 engine upgrade over the tower. I like the functionality of the G4, but I am still a fan of the G3 and it how it flows with the boat lines.

• Like 2

My guess it will be a different story with G4 in a year or so. Better bimini and speaker mount options. Early adopters are going to be the beta testers.

Also I think with some minor tweaks of the base it could look 10x better.

Everybody hated the g3 in 2010. If experience is a guide the g4 will gain fans once it's out in the wild.

This is so true!! I remember wondering what the heck Malibu was thinking when I first saw the G3. Now I really like it. Same will be said for the G4. Just needs a year or two

I am 6 '1", bonking my head on tower speakers walking under it is a deal breaker right there for me. Will be even worse with REV 10's. Seems like they could move the mounts outward and position the speakers closer together to allow some more center space under the tower. Has anyone measured head clearance between the G3 and G4?

Edited by Fman

My big issue is it just seems too hard to do aftermarket upgrades to, much like the alpha Z. My buddy loves his tige, loves his dealer, loves everything, but thinks tige needs a new tower that gives you some options. The G3 is still the best tower on the market IMO, I'm glad they didn't force everyone to go G4. Looks wise i could get used to it, though still looks like it belongs on a lego boat, but I just don't like the fact that you can't really do much with it aftermarket