Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

REV 10's and G4

Wake23LSV

My boat will be in my shop on the 22nd. Ordering the 10's today. I will report my findings then. Hopefully I will have good news for those who need it :-)

Had to post the pic- Too excited

post-18191-0-47359000-1418392080_thumb.j

So when you say 10s you mean one or two sets? Please keep me posted if 2 sets

I'll get one pair, but will try and mount both to one side to determine whether or not two pairs will fit for the peeps that need to know. I will probably be able to figure out with that if 1 10 and 1 8 will work also.

That's not a gamble I would take, you're talking a 2k gamble, plus time of install. Here is the other big question, how does that tower come wired form the factory? I know the G3 comes with the tower speakers run in series, odds are so does the G4. They do this so one small amp can power all four speakers easily( though poorly). 2 pair of rev 10s run in series is going to be way underpowered compared to one set run individually with 400-500watts each. Basically the one set will blow away the two set run in series. You're going to have to rewire the tower for two sets, and that's a big job.

Edited by CJAY

That's not a gamble I would take, you're talking a 2k gamble, plus time of install. Here is the other big question, how does that tower come wired form the factory? I know the G3 comes with the tower speakers run in series, odds are so does the G4. They do this so one small amp can power all four speakers easily( though poorly). 2 pair of rev 10s run in series is going to be way underpowered compared to one set run individually with 400-500watts each. Basically the one set will blow away the two set run in series. You're going to have to rewire the tower for two sets, and that's a big job.

No gamble here, I don't want two sets, I'm just going to see if they will fit for those who do. I will also check the wiring and report back.

Hey its not easy or cheap to look and sound

Trust me I know, I'm running over 4500watts of stereo right now, but I did my due diligence prior to doing so. Nothing sucks worse than thinking you can do something only to find out it won't work mid install

Trust me I know, I'm running over 4500watts of stereo right now, but I did my due diligence prior to doing so. Nothing sucks worse than thinking you can do something only to find out it won't work mid install

You're not gonna talk me out of what I'm already rolling on no matter how hard you try :) I'm very happy I went with the G4 and one pair of REV10's WILL fit. I will have more than enough sound out of the one pair for my liking, since I was plenty happy with the REV8's in my last boat.

You're not gonna talk me out of what I'm already rolling on no matter how hard you try :) I'm very happy I went with the G4 and one pair of REV10's WILL fit. I will have more than enough sound out of the one pair for my liking, since I was plenty happy with the REV8's in my last boat.

I'm not talking you out of anything, my dislike for the tower shouldn't affect you. The current wiring that most likely comes with the tower would be fine for one set of properly powered 10s, just not two sets. One set of 10s with the right amp and tuned will blow away 2 sets of 8s

i hated the dash in the 2014 lsv, but that didn't stop me from buying one. Looking back though it would have. That dash was terrible

Edited by CJAY

I'm not talking you out of anything, my dislike for the tower shouldn't affect you. The current wiring that most likely comes with the tower would be fine for one set of properly powered 10s, just not two sets. One set of 10s with the right amp and tuned will blow away 2 sets of 8s

i hated the dash in the 2014 lsv, but that didn't stop me from buying one. Looking back though it would have. That dash was terrible

I like the dash. My buddy bought a 2014 and that and the throttle is what actually got me moving on a new one. The rest of the changes to the inside and hull are pretty slick too. I agree on the wiring issue. I wonder if one could attach separate new wires to each current end sticking out of the tower and pull them back through from the end at amps to rewire that way?? Might need some Vaseline on the wires :-) Just an idea.

Edited by Wake23LSV

I like the dash. My buddy bought a 2014 and that and the throttle is what actually got me moving on a new one. The rest of the changes to the inside and hull are pretty slick too. I agree on the wiring issue. I wonder if one could attach separate new wires to each current end sticking out of the tower and pull them back through from the end at amps to rewire that way?? Might need some Vaseline on the wires :-) Just an idea.

The 2015 dash is great, the 2014 dash is god awful terrible, PITA to move around in, doesn't show things you need together to trouble shoot issues and is generally just a very poor design. Obviously malibu though so too since they came out with a new one 2 years after putting it in the VTX, and one year after the LSV. by far the worst dash I've ever used and I drive a lot of different types of boats all summer.

It's worth a look, I know for mine they had to actually do some drilling to get all 4 pair of wires to fit between the gunnel and tower.

stock wheels, black or chrome? That rig would look really sharp on a black trailer with chrome wheels

Black trailer, black 18" wheels with charcoal metal inset accents. I was going to go with charcoal metal fenders also, but decided it would probably tip it over the edge. I think it's going to look awesome towing and in the water.

Much bigger than you thought I guess. My 8s showed up yesterday and I could not get over how much smaller and lighter they where. I just dont see 2 10s fitting. looking online at pics of g4 with the rev 8s they look tight

I will make my attempt at mounting two up on one side my first priority when it's sitting in my shop so whoever wants to know can have the info they need. And ya, my 8's seemed quite a bit more compact than these behemoths!!