Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone own a boat in Ferguson?

saidainc

I absolutely disagree that poor is poor but even if a black woman makes it to the level you are at through hard work she still makes 50% of what you make. Coincidence or institutional racism?

EarningsRatio_fig.4.jpg

That isn't what that chart is saying. It is saying that if you take the median income for all of those groups with deference to nothing but their sex and ethnicity that those are the results. It is not saying that for a specific job/experience/education level that a single person in the group is making more/less than a person with those same attributes in another group.

Are they doing the exact same job, or are those numbers a representation of the mean, median, or mode income of all reported individuals separated by race catgory? Honest question.

Equal pay for equal work means that if you have a white male IT Analyst and a black female IT Analyst performing the same job duties for the same company, each needs to be paid on the same pay scale. (Equal Pay Act)

(EDIT: OldJeep beat me to it.)

Edited by DIE2SURF

Michael Brown was not shot because he was a 'black' man. Darrin Wilson didn't shoot him because he is a 'white' man. Michael Brown was shot because he assaulted a police officer to the point the officer feared for his life. The color of his skin had nothing to do with the shooting.

What do you think would have happened if the news agencies had reported this story without any reference to race?

• Like 3

I sure am glad I wasn't on that grand jury. Scary!!! All it takes is one government employee who disagrees with their decision to let their names and addresses slip and then what do you think happens to them, their families, and their homes... I would like to believe I would have had their courage...

I read the NY Times printed Wilson's wife's name and the city and street they live on... Whatever you believe of the officer's motives, why would you do that to his wife???

DIE2SURF - you beat me to it

Edited by Cory

What should of Officer Wilson done? He has a right to protect himself. In a 90 second period of time it went from a get on the sidewalk, to a butt beating, to a foot chase, to a shooting because he was about to be tackled.

When I was a Deputy we had a 120 pound soaking wet male come in high on Meth. He had almost kicked the door off it's hinges while he was hog tied. When we tried to chain him to the bed we had 8 Deputies trying to hold him down. Guess what we where losing until he slipped up and where where able to get an arm chained to the bed. It was crazy how strong he was.

How does Officer Wilson not know Brown isn't high on meth? Rational people no matter the color don't act like that.

I fond out 20 years into the job I retired from that all the blacks that hired in at the same time for the same job all started at forty bucks more the I did. Just found it interesting. It would not have made a difference I wanted the job and would have taken it regardless.

I live about 100 miles south of St Louis. Many sections of the city that were once nice areas have become run down ghettos. Ferguson is destined to be one of those areas. The businesses that were burned will likely not rebuild there. Why would you? The jobs from those businesses are gone from that area for good. Do you think other businesses will want to build or open up shop there? I doubt it. Do you think people will want to move to that area to live? Only because property values are going to plummet. Life is going to suck for the good people that live there whether they are black or white.

The Grand Jury did not even bring a involuntary Man Slater charge to the officer. Must have been a tremendous amount of evidence we are not aware of.

I believe all of the evidence has been released by the DA.

But we do not know or likely will never take the time to go through it all. Just find it amazing he was not charged with anything. It still would have had to go to trial so just thinking they saw enough that it was a waste of time.

Without the indictment from the grand jury and the investigation it would stimulate, we may never know exactly what happened during that altercation. Will we ever know what the forensic evidence says?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/08/us/ferguson-brown-timeline/

edit: nice find OJ.

Not much of a find. The prosecutor released the documents about 10 seconds after the news conference and every major news agency posted them.

What is even more ludicrous is the burnings and riots elsewhere because of it.

Oakland: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Cleanup-Again-After-Oakland-Protesters-Set-Fires-Shatter-Windows-After-Ferguson-Decision-283979741.html

Notice the "REVCOM" signs. Have a look... like this wasn't all organized riots. They were all over Ferguson as well.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/11/just_who_is_driving_the_new_civil_rights_movement_demonstrations_on_ferguson.html

http://revcom.us/

post-5643-0-14179000-1417041322_thumb.jp

Edited by DIE2SURF

Since I only live about 100 miles from St Louis this case was covered by all of my local TV and radio stations. So we got much more news than the 30 second to 1 minute snippets that the national media provide. One thing I have learned in reading the grand jury report, is that very much of what was reported by the news agencies (local and national) as 'fact' was not correct. Read the grand jury report, and think back to what you heard on the news. I think you will agree.

During an interview the cop said that Brown came toward him, told him that he was "too P****" to shoot him, and then reached for the gun. When Brown had his hand on the gun the cop fired the first bullet.

I don't think I would have waited that long.

Traces of Brown's blood were found on the cop's gun. That backs up there was a struggle for the cops gun in the car when Brown's thumb ended up shot. Anytime someone struggles for a cops gun, there is a good chance it is not going to turn out well for you. After that incident, I would expect the cop to view ANY subsequent menacing actions on the part of Brown as a serious threat to his life.

It's serious business when you struggle for an officer's gun.

Edited by Cory
  • Like 4