Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shawndoggy '14 LSV Stereo Build

shawndoggy

Is that an option to run in tandem with a bimini? Or would you have to modify the bimini or go topless all the time?

When I say "high on the hoop" I do mean in the underhanging position. Baws... where are those pics of your setup...

nevermind here we go:

IMG_06011_zps9bc10692.jpg

• Like 2

When I say "high on the hoop" I do mean in the underhanging position. Baws... where are those pics of your setup...

nevermind here we go:

Got it - sorry, was thinking you meant above the hoop...

I thought about this set up as well, but the idea of constantly ducking or bumping my forehead into speakers is unappealing.

That 6 rev set up though wow.

nevermind here we go:

IMG_06011_zps9bc10692.jpg

Baws,

What color do you paint those grills? Brian is sending me two pairs of those and a pair of XM9s in white but the grills will be the chrome and I want to paint mine the same color. Is that gunmetal grey?

• Like 2

Did not do lights in the bow this time. I found them to be distracting on the water in the dark in the last boat (when under way).

right now I tied them to the interior lights with a relay. Not sure if I like that. Thoughts? Switch to nav lights as a trigger?

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 1

Did not do lights in the bow this time. I found them to be distracting on the water in the dark in the last boat (when under way).

right now I tied them to the interior lights with a relay. Not sure if I like that. Thoughts? Switch to nav lights as a trigger?

Does the RGB controller remote not have its own ON/OFF function? If so, just wire the controller to B+.

• Like 2

Does the RGB controller remote not have its own ON/OFF function? If so, just wire the controller to B+.

hahahaha that wouldn't be complicated enough!

• 3 weeks later...

Are you noticing a high pitch noise with the engine running? Not alternator whine, just a high pitch constant sound. Only when the engine is running. Are you still hooked up to the Maliview? I may try disconnecting that, but only after they warranty my RF remote by the helm. The buttons do not function, so I have been using Maliview to skip songs. I use my WS 420 for volume.

I do have a few intermittent noise gremlins. tower speakers definitely don't like the heater running when playing through black box. Fortunately when I switch over to the Exile BT unit, cutting the whole factory stereo out of the equation, the noise goes away.

I do have a few intermittent noise gremlins. tower speakers definitely don't like the heater running when playing through black box. Fortunately when I switch over to the Exile BT unit, cutting the whole factory stereo out of the equation, the noise goes away.

I may have to go this route...

minor thread jack -

although the very minor engine noise is coming just from the tower channel, none of the cabins , or sub carry any signal noise. I could have a set of bad RCA'S going to the Eq. there was no sound on my original set up. i added a Javelin , XM9'S ,eq, and new sub. the noise is on the tower channel. Next time out i am going to try plugging in a new set of rca's from tower amp to EQ to see if that solves it. it just sucks cause there is no way to tell for sure unless i'm on the water. (wife would loose it if i tried to add a flush kit and start drilling hold and cutting hoses) apparently i cant hook up the stereo correctly... AAGGGHHH.

all power / grounds / remote share common dist blocks.

• 5 months later...