Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shawndoggy '14 LSV Stereo Build

shawndoggy

Ok so there is very little progress so far but I thought I'd start a thread to have a place to park my pics. This may be as much progress as I make until March. The boat is in an unheated garage and doing stereo work in the cold isn't much fun.

Amp rack is pulled and studs for mounting amps are in. Also mounted the Sirius tuner.

158d4bc3685dbcf64875233d289b1a5e_zps218f

• Like 3

Shawn is that 1/2" plywood wrapped in marine carpet? Or does Malibu use starboard plastic material? I'm going to start building my amp rack as well. Hoping my components ship out today.* Also, what length screws is Malibu using to mount the rack to the blocks on side of hull?

Also watching this build..

Shawn, the Arc amps are boring to look at, I've never worked with LEDs but my idea is to pop off the logo, get it punched out and put an LED strip underneath. Any reason I shouldn't do this?

The reason is that nobody looks at the amps once installed. I did LEDs on my last amp rack and NEVER geeked out on them afterwards. Wasn't worth the effort. Only for bragging rights in your TMC stereo build thread.

• Like 3

my storage facility has no power. Boy do I wish it did!

Generator. The thing about TMC we can always find a solution to life's problems, the problem is it always involves us spending others money!

• Like 3

yes. Haven't decided which one yet. Was very happy with the gen1 zld, but I'm bummed about the loss of the fader.

I was too. But even after 5 minutes of playing around in my garage I concluded it won't be that big of a deal.

Get a space heater SD and stop being a pansy :p..its still in the 60s down there.....

This was my first thought as well. However I am number three on the list. At least now when I check my content I will be able to find this thread

This was my first thought as well. However I am number three on the list. At least now when I check my content I will be able to find this thread

I was working on a buddies boat yesterday in a carport, it was in the high 30s...mitten up lol