Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom Shower

RyanB

When I bought my 2014 LSV, it didn't have one feature that we really wanted - the transom shower.

Dealer said that they would "take care of me" and give me a break on the price of install if I did it in December.

My experience with my dealer has been less than stellar, so I don't have a lot of faith in them following through.

Boat goes in to have some warranty work the first Friday of December, and I was wondering what to expect as far as pricing on the install? Anyone have it done? What is the price if it came from the factory?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hot Water Shower MSRP on build sheet $498. Dealer Cost $324.

If the dealer dies the install, it should only be 1 hour labor if they know what they're doing. 2 hours if they've never installed one before.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

Guess a lot has to do with where you live!

Up here early early spring especially waters cold and into September

when everything cools down, we use it after our runs. I must say it's nice to have, breaks that chill!

Edited by Dare2goBare

We use ours all the time. Last summer on our camping trip we didn't have any services and all three families we camped with used the shower on the boat to clean up after a day of playing in the sand. Works great. Also use it lots in the spring and fall for warming up before and after each session. If you fill a wetsuit and the driver is quick enough the cold water doesn't soak through enough to freeze you out. It extends our season a lot.

• Like 1

We want it for a couple reasons. One being the dogs. Getting them from shore onto the platform and being able to easily rinse them off. 2nd is Lake Powell vacations. It would give us another option vs bathing in the lake (can be a little chilly in some months) or using the water tank on the houseboat.

We use ours all the time. Also use it lots in the spring and fall for warming up before and after each session. If you fill a wetsuit and the driver is quick enough the cold water doesn't soak through enough to freeze you out. It extends our season a lot.

Yup!....Our Canada Boating season.....Love it!

FAE = Fresh Air Exhaust.

I thought I would use my shower more especially after reading so much here about how early and/or late people ski in the season and I wanted to be a stud too. However, I have since realized that I am a much better wimp than stud when the water gets to an unpleasant temp.

• 4 weeks later...

Tommy's quoted $960 for the shower + install. Awesome. :(

Shower should be about $575 + install. That's in Canada though. $960 seems ridiculous!!

• Like 1

I gave up on wetsuits long ago.....I go from shorts & a heater shirt right to a drysuit. So the shower never gets used for that.

But the ability to use it for a shower when camping, rinsing off the dogs, the boat itself, or use it as a squirt gun make it worth having.

And I live about 20 minutes from Heatercraft, so buy lots of'em!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

We use ours a few times a year. I could do with out it, but my wife wants it. At the end of the day, i am glad we have it. Happy wife happy life

AZ what you have that thing hooked up to Chilled water...

Build your own from scratch..that's what I did. Only had about $120 in parts if I remember correct and a little it of my time to install it. Still working great 4 years later! I wouldn't pay $400 for one installed after building one myself.

• Like 3

So, just to be clear, the dealer states that it is $600 for the kit, and 3 hours to install. Wife really wants it installed. May look at other options because of the price, but it is not a project I want to do (or have the time to do) myself.

Tommy's of Colorado overcharging is becoming par for the course.

So, just to be clear, the dealer states that it is $600 for the kit, and 3 hours to install. Wife really wants it installed. May look at other options because of the price, but it is not a project I want to do (or have the time to do) myself.

Tommy's of Colorado overcharging is becoming par for the course.

A few years ago I bought a shower kit from Bakes Marine on line. I looked at their website and did not see that same kit but I would bet they have something similar, It was very reasonable and I installed it myself, Very easy install if your a little handy.

Speaking to the use - I use mine mostly early spring and late season or when we'll head out in the winter on a bluebird day - glad I spent the money - my kid fills his wetsuit and I use it to thaw out my hands - they turn white when they are cold and the shower brings them back - not sure what I paid as my boats an 08' so I would have to go look - it wasn't 800 bucks tho- - I would spend the money again just to have it

I did the heater as well - here in the Pacific Northwest the season is short anyway so I put on what I could to extend the season - the guys at bakes are great too

Edited by FlatH20
  • Like 1

Well, looks like Tommy's exceeded my expectations. A little over $600 for the shower & install. And, they detailed the boat. Thanks Steve @ Tommy's.

imagejpg1_zps739b31f4.jpg

And, for those concerned. The dealer is about 8 miles from the house, towed it home on surface streets, never above 35 MPH. Jeep actually did fine, but certainly wouldn't want to do a long trip like this.