Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T23

saxton15

This was 4200lbs of ballast (might have been 3800 but I can't remember if I had the extra 400 in the bow), rider, 2 in the boat, wedge down, 10.8-11mph. My buddy is 6'4".

image_zps7c931177.jpg

Edited by AJWest

Starting to consider the upgrade to the 409. I guess it will be a PCM motor for my T23 2015 order. The Monsoon is the a Indimar motor correct? All the T23 I see on boat trader seem to have Indimar still I guess because they were built in 2014. I wondering if they are changing as of Jan 15? Did you demo 350 A24s? What made you chose the 409 over the 450 or even the std 350? I'm concerned that I won't have enough engine to run stock ballast plus 750-900s rear and 750-950 in the bow plus 4-8 ppl. Tried looking up info on engines options but can't find too much out there. I read dealer cost for the 409 is $2500 as one person got that pricing. If that's the case and I can convince my dealer to give me dealer cost or even $3k I would think it would be worth it. Also read the 450 is $6k dealer cost but that sounds pretty low to me. I'm going back and forth on engine options and wither I want Charcoal or Black boat floor.

Starting to consider the upgrade to the 409. I guess it will be a PCM motor for my T23 2015 order. The Monsoon is the a Indimar motor correct? All the T23 I see on boat trader seem to have Indimar still I guess because they were built in 2014. I wondering if they are changing as of Jan 15? Did you demo 350 A24s? What made you chose the 409 over the 450 or even the std 350? I'm concerned that I won't have enough engine to run stock ballast plus 750-900s rear and 750-950 in the bow plus 4-8 ppl. Tried looking up info on engines options but can't find too much out there. I read dealer cost for the 409 is $2500 as one person got that pricing. If that's the case and I can convince my dealer to give me dealer cost or even $3k I would think it would be worth it. Also read the 450 is $6k dealer cost but that sounds pretty low to me. I'm going back and forth on engine options and wither I want Charcoal or Black boat floor.

monsoon is a malibu brand. the pcm will still be a "monsoon". yes your boat will have a crusador monsoon engine.

Ok thanks for clarifying that... The other issue is gearing. Sounds like the 350 & 450 will have lower gear ratios in the tranny than the 409? Another post I just read AJ you think the 350 will pull harder than the 409 because of the gearing? Would that change with a different prop on the 409? I'd love to have the 450 but idk if I can swing the $6-$8K (depending on what I can get the dealer to offer).

We have the indmar 350 in our A24 with the 2419, it easily surfs with full plug and play 800's and 12 people, 6 people is about the max to get to wakeboard speed with the same weight. I am happy with it but most of you 5000lb ballast freaks would want the bigger engine.

You need to demo yourself. I bought my boat in 2014...NOT 2015. I'm pretty sure there's gearing change to make the 350 in 2015 a stronger pulling motor than the 2014 350. Call your dealer and get the specs on the final drive ratio. The reasons I went with the 409 vs 350 in 2014 are irrelevant if there's a new gearing change for 2015.

We have the indmar 350 in our A24 with the 2419, it easily surfs with full plug and play 800's and 12 people, 6 people is about the max to get to wakeboard speed with the same weight. I am happy with it but most of you 5000lb ballast freaks would want the bigger engine.

That would be me lol. However, if you average your 12 crew at 150-ish and add your ballast then you're getting close to 5000 in ballast yourself

Edited by AJWest
  • 4 weeks later...

The T23 really impressed me at the Milwaukee Boat Show. We spent a lot of time scrutinizing, exploring and discussing it - we weren't disappointed.

It definitely looked a bit plain-jane sitting next to the LSV, but if judged solely by its own merits it was impressive!

• Like 3

The T23 really impressed me at the Milwaukee Boat Show. We spent a lot of time scrutinizing, exploring and discussing it - we weren't disappointed.

It definitely looked a bit plain-jane sitting next to the LSV, but if judged solely by its own merits it was impressive!

I truly believe it all depends on how it is ordered. I remember looking at T22s at the 2014 boat shows and many of them were pretty bland. We ordered ours pretty loaded, practically everything but the z5 bimini, and made sure there was some color on the interior and quite frankly the boat doesn't feel cheap. At the same time, you wont be stepping from an Axis to a Malibu every day. I personally like the simplicity of the Axis boats.

I truly believe it all depends on how it is ordered. I remember looking at T22s at the 2014 boat shows and many of them were pretty bland. We ordered ours pretty loaded, practically everything but the z5 bimini, and made sure there was some color on the interior and quite frankly the boat doesn't feel cheap. At the same time, you wont be stepping from an Axis to a Malibu every day. I personally like the simplicity of the Axis boats.

I agree that with metal flake hull the Axis look pretty darn good. You can do anything with the interiors on an ordered Axis, you don't have to stick with the colors on the build application page.

• 1 month later...

Spent some time in a T23 at the local boat show. The boat feels huge inside. Particularly, the depth of the seats. Lots of freeboard. Visually, the exterior the lines are solid with the new tower. This one was fairly loaded up, PNP, FAE, Flaked out (orange and purple), 4 Revs, tricked out trailer.

Spent some time in a T23 at the local boat show. The boat feels huge inside. Particularly, the depth of the seats. Lots of freeboard. Visually, the exterior the lines are solid with the new tower. This one was fairly loaded up, PNP, FAE, Flaked out (orange and purple), 4 Revs, tricked out trailer.

how much?

$90K CND with the 350. Maybe it is a common practice for most dealer lot boats to have the 350. This dealer in particular only orders the 350 in all their Axis/Malibu.

It will be a tough sell for them in my opinion. She's entirely orange with purple. Style wise, it's a great boat. I preferred it to the new A22.

$90K CND with the 350. Maybe it is a common practice for most dealer lot boats to have the 350. This dealer in particular only orders the 350 in all their Axis/Malibu.

It will be a tough sell for them in my opinion. She's entirely orange with purple. Style wise, it's a great boat. I preferred it to the new A22.

how much is that in real dollars?

Haha at least you didn't ask for it in milk bags.

$71925.80 USD. Based on todays exchange. What did a T23 run at the Detroit show Doc?

I would say pretty comparable to that. When you can get a base LSV in the low 80s, would be tough for me to go Axis for 10K less. But this thing is massive!

Haha at least you didn't ask for it in milk bags.

$71925.80 USD. Based on todays exchange. What did a T23 run at the Detroit show Doc?

That's the same as our local show here in Portland. The T23 was $73K with 350 in it and some flake. I was equally impressed with the boat. It's just massive, and by far the best Axis interior I've seen (vinyl quality, stitching, patterns, etc.).

It seemed a decent price at the show... comparable to the MB 23 TWB in price and $20K - $30K less than the VLX and LSV's on the floor.

That seems pretty comparable to the price my dealer actually called me with yesterday. He had told me earlier they did not order any, but evidently someone did there since it had just shown up. He quoted me around $72k for a silver metal flake and ebony one. They haven't put pictures up online yet since it hasn't even been unwrapped yet.

350 with the new gearing is plenty for 90-95% of the people who buy them.