Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Supra 450

5inthesun

I cannot believe the word "supra" and "G23" are even in the same thread. Such a shame that the veil is so thick over many eyes.....

I thought the same exact thing. However, I guess the people who have been in the top of the line SUPRA seem to think it's a close comparison. I have not been in one so I cannot actually add much value here, something just doesn't sound right about it to me though. I have seen the G23 and I thought it was amazing!

"Water rushing over the staircase" Chicken Little here. Doc you are quickly eroding any credibility you have. You cant read interweb garbage, spin and re-spew it as fact. Lets break this down in simple terms.

So slammed Malibu or most any other wakeboat, you have an 80% chance or better of taking water over the bow when slammed if you dont drive it right. And when I say water over the bow, I am talking a serious dunk.... 10-20+ gallons?? You have maybe a 20% chance of a bow dunk on a G with the higher bow even if you drive wrong, unless you pretty much TRY to make it dunk into someone's rollers.

Yep you can make water come over the transom, BUT less of a chance and less severity---a splash?? that a comparable bow dunk in another wakeboat would take much more over the bow.

I'd take my transom splash possibility over dealing with bow dunks on other boats.

http://vid1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Cmsrls/5696D300-C2D9-44CE-91BB-F103B492898D-441-0000012E37883F77_zpsfdbc2b7f.mp4

Edited by nyryan2001

"Water rushing over the staircase" Chicken Little here. Doc you are quickly eroding any credibility you have. You cant read interweb garbage, spin and re-spew it as fact. Lets break this down in simple terms.

So slammed Malibu or most any other wakeboat, you have an 80% chance or better of taking water over the bow when slammed if you dont drive it right. And when I say water over the bow, I am talking a serious dunk.... 10-20+ gallons?? You have maybe a 20% chance of a bow dunk on a G with the higher bow even if you drive wrong, unless you pretty much TRY to make it dunk into someone's rollers.

Yep you can make water come over the transom, BUT less of a chance and less severity---a splash?? that a comparable bow dunk in another wakeboat would take much more over the bow.

I'd take my transom splash possibility over dealing with bow dunks on other boats.

http://vid1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Cmsrls/5696D300-C2D9-44CE-91BB-F103B492898D-441-0000012E37883F77_zpsfdbc2b7f.mp4

You said you took water over the staircase. I was simply repeating what I have heard you and others say. True or not?

I also have personal experience with a 230 and whomever was driving constantly took water over the stern.

A "splash"? Really? I recall you saying 3 gallons one time and 10 gallons the next.

Maybe I read it wrong?

http://www.themalibu...purchase/page-3

Edited by DocPhil

Dang, really? We literally (as in not kidding, factually accurate) NEVER took a drop over the bow or the transom in our MB in 325 hours, and that was running as heavy as the 5.7 would allow with a 2315. I thought the LSV was supposed to be similar in that regard? The Mrs. isn't going to be happy if she has to learn to "drive right."

Dang, really? We literally (as in not kidding, factually accurate) NEVER took a drop over the bow or the transom in our MB in 325 hours, and that was running as heavy as the 5.7 would allow with a 2315. I thought the LSV was supposed to be similar in that regard? The Mrs. isn't going to be happy if she has to learn to "drive right."

It is not correct in my experience. Even with a 1000 lb bow sac in "OUR" LSV, there is very little risk. The wife never took a drop in the bow the whole summer and she has the attention span of a 5 year old with ADHD

Supra = Hyundai genesis

At least the genesis comes at a $$$ discount to market. I'm thinking supra is more like vw touareg or mercedes C class (nice, "competitive" with others in the segment, take it in the rear on depreciation). Will probably be a good buy used in 4-5 years.

I've taken water over the stern and the bow (on separate occasions) in our A22. So what? Its all throttle control. Don't drive like an a$$hat and it won't happen.

Both the SC and the G look like whales imo. Im all about functionality but come on.........

I've taken water over the stern and the bow (on separate occasions) in our A22. So what? Its all throttle control. Don't drive like an a$$hat and it won't happen.

Both the SC and the G look like whales imo. Im all about functionality but come on.........

If you put enough weight in a boat they all will take on water.

Big difference in price between G23 and Supra. Here the difference is well over 20k. Same dealer sells both.

So whats the big price difference I keep heaving about? Post up! The Supras I saw were 110-125.

A lightly equipped 2014 450 G23 sells 120-127 range with trailer... (which would be more equiv to a 550 Supra with due to the 17" prop and 2:1 tranny). The 2 boats are on the verge of not being comparable power wise.

A lightly equipped 450 Supra sells for??

Edited by nyryan2001

I cannot believe the word "supra" and "G23" are even in the same thread. Such a shame that the veil is so thick over many eyes.....

Why not? Have you been in one?? The SE weighs 5300 pounds dry with 3200 pounds of factory ballast vs a G23 at 5400 pounds dry and 2850 of factory ballast. The G is a higher end boat from a fit and finish standpoint, but you pay plenty more for it. If room and wave size are important then it is a contender.

So whats the big price difference I keep heaving about? Post up! The Supras I saw were 110-125.

A lightly equipped 2014 450 G23 sells 120-127 range with trailer... (which would be more equiv to a 550 Supra with due to the 17" prop and 2:1 tranny). The 2 boats are on the verge of not being comparable power wise.

Here is one listed that you can probably get down quiet a bit on, price was edited up recently from what I originally saw it listed as. A lightly equipped Supra would be hard to do I think since so much extra comes standard on them from what I have noticed compared to other manufacturers.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/bod/4709104681.html

$108 at my dealer for a SE450 before any negotiation. And that is pretty much optioned up.

Here is one listed that you can probably get down quiet a bit on, price was edited up recently from what I originally saw it listed as. A lightly equipped Supra would be hard to do I think since so much extra comes standard on them from what I have noticed compared to other manufacturers.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/bod/4709104681.html

Same price as a G23

Same price as a G23

Do they normally negotiate down 22-24% on the G equipped just like this one? If so, I may really have to go check one out. $100k is where I draw the line and I even have a hard time contemplating that much for a boat.

Do they normally negotiate down 22-24% on the G equipped just like this one? If so, I may really have to go check one out. $100k is where I draw the line and I even have a hard time contemplating that much for a boat.

$129,000 is Base MSRP for a G23. But if you can get one for under $110K well equipped, I would go for it! They are at the top of the food chain.

jw, not sure what you are asking. I'm not part of the whole % of MSRP ratios thinking that goes on in here on TMC. The %MSRP approach to boat pricing make no sense to me and it doesnt hold true from region to region. Another thing I will tell you is the hole "MSRP Ratio" games folks do on here thinking they have out smarted dealers is skewed by applying a fixed % off each option... and that does NOT hold true and is not linear.... it varies from option to option as to what the dealer gets it for BIGTIME. And I can gaurantee you this for FACT as i'd have paid an extra $8k or more for mine on the 550hp. What I am telling you is 20% off options' MSRPs folks on here hang their hats on proudly can be had as low as 80% off MSRP. Thats why when I talk numbers you'll see me do it characterizing how the boat was eqiupped and what it sold for... never as a function or % of MSRP. When I say 450 Gs are selling as low as 120-127... thats what they are selling for. If you are saying the $129k Supra is asking price, then they barter down %s to $110?....got it.

GORGEOUS Supra tho by the way in tha ad!!

jw, not sure what you are asking. I'm not part of the whole % of MSRP ratios thinking that goes on in here on TMC. The %MSRP approach to boat pricing make no sense to me and it doesnt hold true from region to region. Another thing I will tell you is the hole "MSRP Ratio" games folks do on here thinking they have out smarted dealers is skewed by applying a fixed % off each option... and that does NOT hold true and is not linear.... it varies from option to option as to what the dealer gets it for BIGTIME. And I can gaurantee you this for FACT as i'd have paid an extra $8k or more for mine on the 550hp. What I am telling you is 20% off options' MSRPs folks on here hang their hats on proudly can be had as low as 80% off MSRP. Thats why when I talk numbers you'll see me do it characterizing how the boat was eqiupped and what it sold for... never as a function or % of MSRP. When I say 450 Gs are selling as low as 120-127... thats what they are selling for. If you are saying the $129k Supra is asking price, then they barter down %s to $110?....got it.

Ok, now I understand what you were saying. The % off MSRP has me confused as well. But yeah, the price in the CL add for the Supra is asking price and they come down a lot to the $110k+/- some from what I have gathered. I haven't been to a Nautique dealership since the closest one per their site is in Arkansas so I was not sure what the original asking prices were for the G series.

% off MSRP is the ONLY way to standardize from region to region

That is the whole point of % off MSRP. No one is trying to outsmart a dealer. In fact, we are ensuring that our prices are comparable

In general, 20% off MSRP is a really good deal. 25% is smoking and 30% can usually only be had in special circumstances. How is that hard to understand or confusing in any way?

If you figure out another way to standardize pricing, I'm all ears.

% off MSRP is the ONLY way to standardize from region to region

That is the whole point of % off MSRP. No one is trying to outsmart a dealer. In fact, we are ensuring that our prices are comparable

In general, 20% off MSRP is a really good deal. 25% is smoking and 30% can usually only be had in special circumstances. How is that hard to understand or confusing in any way?

If you figure out another way to standardize pricing, I'm all ears.

The whole MSRP thing seems kind of made up. I wonder if the dealer can make the MSRP what they want?

The whole MSRP thing seems kind of made up. I wonder if the dealer can make the MSRP what they want?

No, that is what I thought at first as well. They cannot make it up unless they hide stuff in it (trailer/freight/prep etc) or lie to you. Many boat manufacturers MSRP can be found on their website now. You can call Malibu and ask the starting MSRP of a 23 LSV. In fact, it is really the only thing they can't make up (from the factory that is). Of course, a dealer can say whatever they want but there absolutely is a factory MSRP for each boat that is standard.

I know for a fact that MB, MC and nautique list MSRP ON the website. G23 MSRP is 130K starting.

http://www.nautique.com/models/super-air-nautique-g23/

http://www.mbsports.net/content.cfm?n=b52-23

http://www.mastercraft.com//assets/boat/32.pdf

Edited by DocPhil

I just looked at a 450SE. I really liked it. Definitely a major step up. I looked at a 2014 SA a month or so ago, and was not impressed, the SE impressed me. Yes it has a couple minor issues, but vast majority all positive.