Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Supra 450

5inthesun

on WW there was some back and forth about Supra compared to a 24 MXZ a G series etc... I had no idea the supra's could cost 130K. I guess I have been asleep the last few years or something. I thought they compared more to the VLX's and 210's and 230's etc... I guess all boat prices are going to skyrocket. What's next a 150K dollar MOOMBA?

Saw an SA 450 yesterday at the dealer in town when I was picking up some cleaner. I don't care for their switch panels, but overall a really nice looking boat. The height adjustable seat in one of the Supras was what really caught my eye though. Looked like they stole the seat base out of a UPS truck, but it was functional.

on WW there was some back and forth about Supra compared to a 24 MXZ a G series etc... I had no idea the supra's could cost 130K. I guess I have been asleep the last few years or something. I thought they compared more to the VLX's and 210's and 230's etc... I guess all boat prices are going to skyrocket. What's next a 150K dollar MOOMBA?

Fit and finish and quality is inferior to Bu in my opinion. And I have surfed, driven and ridden in a 2014. give me the choice between a supra and a Bu and I will take the Bu every day and twice on sunday

And I just can't get into nautique styling. I know it is a quality boat but why does the G have a staircase in the transom? :whistle:

Edited by DocPhil

Fit and finish and quality is inferior to Bu in my opinion. And I have surfed, driven and ridden in a 2014. give me the choice between a supra and a Bu and I will take the Bu every day and twice on sunday

And I just can't get into nautique styling. I know it is a quality boat but why does the G have a staircase in the transom? :whistle:

Edited by ibelonginprison
  • Like 3

The Supra SE easily competes with a G and is a much bigger boat than a 24MXZ. I have been behind the wake on one. It is G size but $30K less.

I have heard about an SG coming out Tims.

what is that all about?

The Supra SE easily competes with a G and is a much bigger boat than a 24MXZ. I have been behind the wake on one. It is G size but $30K less.

There is no way in hell that the Supra could match a G23 wave....Im sorry but Ive been behind a G and I was awestruck. Its worth the $

Ask the pro's that rode behind the SE at Worlds this year.

I went out for the demo, when supra brought the new SE through here. Big boat, big wave, big wakeboard wake, but half the storage was gone.

That is what draws the line for me. There are tons of boats that can be sacked up to match a stock G23 wake.

Dealer said only 1000lbs of the ballast is sub floor hard tanks. The rest is rear bags and the bow sack.

They also couldn't get the surf wave really clean on both sides, with even weighting. It could do a clean port wave with even weight, but not starboard. We weighted starboard heavier, and then the port wave wouldn't clean all the way up.

All in all, I thought it was a fantastic boat. Not really on the same playing field as the G though. Sack out a G like that stock SE setup, and the waves are not even close. (Which makes sense when the G will then be 3k lbs heavier)

LOL, ask the pro's... they tell you the best boat/wake is the one from the sponsor. They can wakeboard behind every boat and none of the 2014/2015 top boats are bad.

With all of these boats, it is a function of how much weight is on board. I am willing to bet Afun's VLX wave is way better than a bone stock g23 wave, add another 2k the the G and probably a different story. The G has the stock advantage add weight to the others and they are similar.

SE is Awesome boat. The only thing that worries me about spending that much fur a Supra is the resale. I've been spoiled with Malibu resale for past several boats. I've always made money. I should be able to get the new 23ft SG for about the same as the 23LSV. But how much money will I lose in a year or two if I decided to sell it? That the big question.

Surfin USA

Edited by bunji169

the "staircase" is probably the nicest....real world feature I have ever used on a boat. It may not appeal to people style wise....but it sure makes sense out on the water.

If someone can't step down from the sun deck to the swim platform without a staircase, maybe they shouldn't be doing any watersports behind the boat...jussayin.

Next, someone will just build a hydraulic lift that lowers you into the water.

Please explain to me how it is functional to have an opening in the back of the boat that allows water to flood in?

do you need the "staircase"? No, but it is nice when you have it because it is functional. And my parents will love it.

You have to be carefull with every boat that weights >8000lbs with ballast when stopping from 23mph. Wakesurf speed is no problem with the G.

Edited by OneCent

do you need the "staircase"? No, but it is nice when you have it because it is functional. And my parents will love it.

You have to be carefull with every boat that weights >8000lbs with ballast when stopping from 23mph. Wakesurf speed is no problem with the G.

My argument is that for me, it is not functional. Inherent in functionality is that the usefulness outweighs the negative aspects.

IMO, the negative of having staircase in the back of the boat that allows water to flood in at times is outweighed by any potential functionality it may have. Plus, its fugly. :)

Lol sorta like the swim platform ladder?

I don't mind the staircase per se but don't get why they have to furrow out the Grand Canyon through the sun pad. Why not just bring the walk through up to the level of the lockers?

Lol sorta like the swim platform ladder?

I don't mind the staircase per se but don't get why they have to furrow out the Grand Canyon through the sun pad. Why not just bring the walk through up to the level of the lockers?

Not really. The swim platform ladder is out of the way, hidden and doesn't cause water to flood into the boat. Whether or not it affects the wave is still up for debate.

Doc, you talk as though you have never been on a G.

The step up from the swim platform to the sunpad without that "staircase" step would be a 24-30" step up. Box jump much? Basically it's almost as tall as you are. Furthermore that area in the center is for the ladies.... The G spot lol.

I generally have my filler pads in the center of the sun deck....I also have Never had an issue with water flooding in the boat. Something tells me the engineer that designed it thought of that.

If someone can't step down from the sun deck to the swim platform without a staircase, maybe they shouldn't be doing any watersports behind the boat...jussayin.

Next, someone will just build a hydraulic lift that lowers you into the water.

Please explain to me how it is functional to have an opening in the back of the boat that allows water to flood in?

How long can even the most durable sunpad last to people stepping all over it while doing board sports? I've ridden behind a G and it definitely made sense to me to have the walkway, considering most of my time on my own boat is spent with people getting in and out of the water.

For what little it's worth, I can say that a defined walk-through on a v-drive is a selling point for my family. It's a place for dogs, kids, the elderly, the pregnant, the unsure-footed, and the rare sperry-wearers to get aboard without being uncomfortable.

I can't speak to the G, nor can I speak to water flushing into the boat over the staircase, but I can tell you that it's an appealing feature (for me) on the SAN 230.

• Like 2

How long can even the most durable sunpad last to people stepping all over it while doing board sports? I've ridden behind a G and it definitely made sense to me to have the walkway, considering most of my time on my own boat is spent with people getting in and out of the water.

walkthrough yes....makes sense. Many boats have a walkthrough

A full blown grand canyonesque (credit to Shawn) staircase? Nope. Not for me.

I am only 30 inches tall but I can box jump 54 inches so I'm all good without it!

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 2