Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Real world diesel mpg

Falko

just deleted my 6.7 cummins (egr & DPF) and i was getting 21 mpg heading down i5 (pdx to corvallis) around 100 miles.

will keep you guys posted as i get more miles on her

What did you get before?

how'd it go?

Went really well. Did a fair share of cussing trying to get the EGR cooler out. took about 8 hours to do exhaust and egr delete. that inlcuded some beer & pizza breaks though. It honestly drives like a totally different truck.

Which tuner? Waiting to do the same as soon as my warranty is up.

I got a smoking deal on a smarty JR 67. I have 72k on my pickup and was going to wait untill I got a 100k to do deletes. That was untill the dealer did not want to help me on a o2 sensor wiring harness. So i figured I would get rid of them. wish I wold have done it sooner.

What did you get before?

13-15

Which tuner? Waiting to do the same as soon as my warranty is up.

If I did not get the smarty JR for free I would have went with the Torque Technology. Check it out.

Went really well. Did a fair share of cussing trying to get the EGR cooler out. took about 8 hours to do exhaust and egr delete. that inlcuded some beer & pizza breaks though. It honestly drives like a totally different truck.

I got a smoking deal on a smarty JR 67. I have 72k on my pickup and was going to wait untill I got a 100k to do deletes. That was untill the dealer did not want to help me on a o2 sensor wiring harness. So i figured I would get rid of them. wish I wold have done it sooner.

13-15

So i thought the JR 67 didn't do deletes, only the RaceME. Could be wrong though. Did you get the kit off eBay? I found a kit which included a 4 inch turbo back, RaceME, and EGR delete kit for $1350.

13-15

Great, my truck has been throwing o2 sensor related codes recently... smokeless tune or rolling coal?

So i thought the JR 67 didn't do deletes, only the RaceME. Could be wrong though. Did you get the kit off eBay? I found a kit which included a 4 inch turbo back, RaceME, and EGR delete kit for $1350.

The older JR67 will do deletes. The way you can tell is by the serial number. if it has US in the serial number it wont do deletes. I got the EGR and exhaust at a local shop. I got the H&S egr Kit and flo-pro 4 in turbo back (kept the stock muffler, it is a straight through resonator) for $400.

I found the smarty on Craigslist. keep a eye out, they are out there

Great, my truck has been throwing o2 sensor related codes recently... smokeless tune or rolling coal?

believe it or not smokeless. Cant wait to tow the bu

The older JR67 will do deletes. The way you can tell is by the serial number. if it has US in the serial number it wont do deletes. I got the EGR and exhaust at a local shop. I got the H&S egr Kit and flo-pro 4 in turbo back (kept the stock muffler, it is a straight through resonator) for $400.

I found the smarty on Craigslist. keep a eye out, they are out there

believe it or not smokeless. Cant wait to tow the bu

Awesome! That's a good price for sure
  • 4 weeks later...

Just talked to my neighbor and he got a 2014 Ram 150 4wd with the Eco Diesel 6 cylinder. Full 4 door and the 5.5' bed. He's had it for 2 months. Around town and towing 23 mpg. Highway 27-28 mpg.

are you sure on the towing numbers on that Eco diesel? I have two buddies that when they hook to any Trailer, the mpg drops to 18-19, figured with pen and paper at the pump vs the what the CPU tells them. They are a little upset. They have to keep the trucks under 65 to get close to the 23-24 on the highway. They have 2015's and 4wd crewcabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you sure on the towing numbers on that Eco diesel? I have two buddies that when they hook to any Trailer, the mpg drops to 18-19, figured with pen and paper at the pump vs the what the CPU tells them. They are a little upset. They have to keep the trucks under 65 to get close to the 23-24 on the highway. They have 2015's and 4wd crewcabs

I find it hard to believe as well and I'm not giving up my 6.7 for one. I bet if you hooked a real load to one mpg would take a huge hit. Edited by Pnwrider

I find it hard to believe as well and I'm not giving up my 6.7 for one. I bet of you hooked a real load to one mpg would take a huge hit.

I'm with you on that, o drove my buddies ecodiesel and was gona buy one just to work out of but the mpg and had me concerned and the newness of the motor. I ended up buying a 2015 megacab 3500srw longhorn with the 6.7 cummins in it, and couldn't be happier. I have owned all the diesel trucks in past 20 years and dodges seem to last longer. Even though I will never talk bad about my current Duramax either. It's a work horse and a beauty. post-25316-14193926406461_thumb.jpgpost-25316-14193926592714_thumb.jpg

I'm with you on that, o drove my buddies ecodiesel and was gona buy one just to work out of but the mpg and had me concerned and the newness of the motor. I ended up buying a 2015 megacab 3500srw longhorn with the 6.7 cummins in it, and couldn't be happier. I have owned all the diesel trucks in past 20 years and dodges seem to last longer. Even though I will never talk bad about my current Duramax either. It's a work horse and a beauty. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1419392639.456439.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1419392658.178362.jpg

Very nice rigs!