Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WTH Happened to the site? hacked?

Kalamazoo

WOW....Ok........Think I need more COFFEE this morning......my eyes aren't working YET!!

Or are they???......

Have to say I really like the new TMC Logo....hummmm where's the Footer.....

Edited by Dare2goBare

while I'm at it, the soft edges of the navigation font should be reconsidered as well. letters are melding together, another no-no.

That said, I like the member/notification info in the upper RHS.

did anyone test the desktop version on a tablet (not tapatalk)? these issues come out more on smaller screens.

sorry for the rant, been in this space over 15 years and always have an opinion...

I like the dark background when reading in the evening/lights off with the ipad. Less glare, which is really nice. (like dimming console lights inside car when driving at night)

Daytime: either way for me....

With the pending upgrade to the board software there were limited skins available requiring and additional purchase of another skin furthermore, changing the skin twice in one year w/ a huge software upgrade wasn't something I felt would be in the best interest for members. In choosing this skin it provided a modern look with some refinements that were an improvement over the previous skin and easier to locate items and menus. The logo also had to match color wise, this skin choice wasn't just a random pick is what I'm getting at. I'll look to see if some of the comments can be addressed and/or accommodated.

I think it looks great. Just need a little adjustment period.

Malibudude, how did you get the logo wave on the regular side to curl like that? I can't seem figure that out on my boat. ;)

Years of trial and error.... :)

I'm not sure the new color scheme would be considered ADA compliant for the vision impaired like myself. ;)

Edited by LS-One

I agree, logo looks great! But I am also finding it hard to read with the small white font on a dark background, makes your eyes blurry...

this was an intentional change so all the old people like me will get back to work!

For you guys that are finding it hard to read on the newer background, here's a possible solution...

I run my monitor at a very high resolution. The old skin I ran Chrome at 100% zoom for the crew. The new skin I'm running the tab for the crew at 150% to make it more pleasant to read. One cool thing about Chrome is it remembers your zoom level for a specific site so when you revisit that site, it will automatically set the tab to the last zoom level, regardless of the computer you're on. :thumbup: