Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zone control

sOlar17

I've never used a separate zone control system, wondering if this will work.

I plan on running 2 Exile Javelins:

Edit: Exile Web page under description lists the Javelin birthsheet at 80x4@4 ohm while spec page indicates 100x4@4 ohm. Can someone confirm these numbers?

1 - 4x80w to in-boats + ~650w@3ohm to sub

2 - 2x240w to towers + ~650w@3ohm to sub

With zone control, I'm assuming it controls via the RCAs? As long as I've got in boats separate from the towers, that should work. But what do you scale your subs with?

I've got an alpine BT head unit in right now, what would you recommend for a head unit with zone control?

In-boat speaker recommendations are also welcome. Budget for them is approx $600 for 4

My setup is a little different, I have 3 amps each powering towers, in-boats, sub respectably and I use the clarion EQ as a zone control (bought off a crewmember about a month ago). It has 3 outputs to send to amps Front, Rear and Sub. The sub then has it's own volume knob, then a main knob and I have the fade knob for adjusting between my towers (Rear output) and in-boats (front output). With what I'm seeing you are wiring 2 subs to to seperate amps? Funky to me but no problem. The javelins will have inputs RCA's for the speakers and subs independently so you could use an EQ/Zone Control much the same I do. I love it. I fade mine back slightly so the tower plays louder then the in-boats. Hopefully I shed light on something, I realized I kinda just rambled.

So if I'm understanding, the subs essentially just use the main volume as a volume? Yes 2 subs to separate amps, was cheaper than buying 3 separates & still power everything adequately. Just gotta use a multimeter to set the gains exactly the same :)

Your front rcas are the only thing going to your in boat speakers then? That makes sense, I can do mine the same way then..

When I googled the Javelin I must've got an old page, navigating Exile site I now get the correct 100x4 birthsheet showing up. For simplicity sake I think I'm just gonna package Exile's pre amp & 4 of their in boat speakers. Thanks saskicker!

The clarion eqs746 is exactly what I have and yes the sub does also use the main volume as well. But you can control it's volume seperately as well. If you google the clarion eqs746 you will see the knobs for both sub and main. No problem just trying to pass along the information I have received on this forum