Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover pooling?

DarkSide

get a hangtyte, or have a D ring sewn in and attach it to the cover

I understand hang tyte is an easy fix but it is spending 50 bucks on a piece of plastic on a string

Tie a rope about the vent and hang it from the tower. done

And what happens if/when the vent breaks? Mine doesn't have any vents anyway.

Sew a D-ring into the cover right below & behind the tower. Then use whatever shock cord, bungee, string, left over ski rope etc. It might cost a couple bucks but last a lot longer.

I understand hang tyte is an easy fix but it is spending 50 bucks on a piece of plastic on a string

Tie a rope about the vent and hang it from the tower. done

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

And what happens if/when the vent breaks? Mine doesn't have any vents anyway.

Sew a D-ring into the cover right below & behind the tower. Then use whatever shock cord, bungee, string, left over ski rope etc. It might cost a couple bucks but last a lot longer.

No riskier than a hang type IMO. The new covers are pretty sturdy. Can't imagine it would break

get a hangtyte, or have a D ring sewn in and attach it to the cover

I've got a hang tyre and it pools in the bow and behind my motorbox. I use a tube for behind the box but haven't found what works in the bow yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you have the poles(?).

On my LSV it's all relational to how tight I get the two transom buckle straps. If I get those nice and tight, no pooling. I get them so tight I've had the plastic buckle snap. I bought a bag of 25 of them so I can replace them. My problem is getting water through the part that goes around the tower. I need an evo cover.

I've got a hang tyre and it pools in the bow and behind my motorbox. I use a tube for behind the box but haven't found what works in the bow yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stick a bigass beach ball in the bow

• Like 1

I bought a cheap tripod, fitted some upholsters felt to the top of it so it doesn't damage the cover and stand it behind the engine to prop up the cover and the water never pools. When towing I remove it. I also spray extra waterproofing in the trouble areas to ensure fast run off.

Edited by brad72

When I kept the boat on the trailer, i didn't have a problem with pooling, but on the lift it sits a little different and can collect some water. Since i am 5 hours away, i didn't want to risk it.

i bought a piece of PVC and put a cap on it, and put it in the table leg hole. It is a tight fit, and took a few cuts to ge the right length, but it works well and stays in place.

I just stick the PVC in the rear storage or leave it in the dock box. About a $5 solution.

And if i have a plumbing emergency, i have some materials to use :rofl:

This is an EVO cover - and it is great on the trailer. But on the lift i think i sit a little more level so it can collect some water and it's not worth the risk.

Edited by Soon2BV
  • Like 2

I also have a new 24 and have had the issue of pooling water in the stern. I have the hangtyte and it is not that easy of a fix as mine still pools water. I did add two snaps on the arch to keep the side cover up and that has helped.

I have a step ladder with rounded edges that I place on the floor near the back seats. It's just tall enough to lift the cover above the edges so the rain can run off, but it's a stop gap until I get a cord and D clip sewn on.

I have the hangtyte and was very happy with it. Got caught at the river in a big storm and put the cover on, no issues. My last cover, I used the support in the link below. I really only put it in place during the winter when outside not protected. More of a pain vs the hangtyte or d ring, but I have to say it worked really well.

http://www.carolinaboatoutfitters.com/catalog/boat-cover-support-system-taylor-made-55741-p-74857.html?gclid=COij0PK99sACFchhfgodf2YAWA

I think this is a good photo doc. if you lifted from the vents, it would still pose the same problem. The lift point needs to be further back

ff09e1a405cb86556e1657849da1f3ae.jpg

Edited by wakebrdr94