Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Other?

WakingMeHappy

Here's what confuses me about the Avalanche. From 08-11 there were 92,038 sold compared to the Tundra which sold 392,851. That's a huge difference. I'm in a toss up over the two. All the reviews on both trucks a really good. So why were the Avalanche sales so poor?

Because an Avalanche was a weird SUV not a pickup truck. The one time I looked at them they were significantly more expensive than a similar crewcab pickup.

Avalanches did cost more. As others have said, it's a chopped Suburban, not a pickup.

As such, they ride really nice. Nicer than a pickup for sure, but they're barges.

Do yourself a favor and drive a well-cared-for Titan before deciding. The sexy engine noises it makes are worth the test drive alone. :)

Avalanches did cost more. As others have said, it's a chopped Suburban, not a pickup.

As such, they ride really nice. Nicer than a pickup for sure, but they're barges.

Do yourself a favor and drive a well-cared-for Titan before deciding. The sexy engine noises it makes are worth the test drive alone. :)

Nicer than some pickups. If you want the nicest riding pickup truck then take a drive in an 09 and up Ram 1500.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nicer than some pickups. If you want the nicest riding pickup truck then take a drive in an 09 and up Ram 1500.

Yeah, drove a 14 sport today, rode amazing and I loved the interior.

Ok, I've settled on a 2010-2012 Ford F150 Lariat. Next spring my Sunsetter and Suburban will be for sale. As soon as the Suburban sells I'll be getting the truck. Until then I have plenty of time to figure out what specific options I want. As the time draws near I'll probably start a new thread geared to F150 specifics.

What are the 2010 motor issues?

Not necessarily issues but it's the 5.4 vs the 5.0. The 5.0 is a much better all around motor when it comes to power and mileage. And 2011 was the first year of the ecoboost. Even better mileage and more torque. Edited by wakesetter8796

Turbo 6-cyl. Don't get wrapped up in the torque only from an 8 thought.

A turbo engine can develop as much torque and across a wider range.

Edited by Falko
  • Like 2

Less moving parts.

I don't follow the eco-hype of the eco-boost v6, but it is a well built engine. There is no reason the 6 isn't built as heavy as an 8. But if you don't like it, don't get one 'cause it will never be right for you.

You going to look for a Ford with the 5.0 or elusive 6.2?

Not necessarily issues but it's the 5.4 vs the 5.0. The 5.4 is a much better all around motor when it comes to power and mileage. And 2011 was the first year of the ecoboost. Even better mileage and more torque.

You mean the 5.0 is much better all around.

5.0 is a really nice motor. Brother has one. 5.4 is an anemic dog. Uncle has one. Huge difference.

You mean the 5.0 is much better all around.

5.0 is a really nice motor. Brother has one. 5.4 is an anemic dog. Uncle has one. Huge difference.

Yeah that's what I meant.

Titan Cummins 5L Diesels should be out here soon, then Cummins 5L diesel Tundra diesels late 2016 ... Estimated 24-26mpgs highway unloaded.

Also still waiting to see how the new SAE tow ratings are affected on the aluminum F150s.

Titan Cummins 5L Diesels should be out here soon, then Cummins 5L diesel Tundra diesels late 2016 ... Estimated 24-26mpgs highway unloaded.

Also still waiting to see how the new SAE tow ratings are affected on the aluminum F150s.

They keep delaying that, its annoying!