Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Super Snokles" or "Hooka"

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

Well it's spring time and a young man's fancy turns to getting the boat lift in. I have to put something under the feet in the deep end to stop the feet from sinking in the muck. So far fiberglass pallets work the best. The only problem is they want to float. I've put cement in them and that makes them less bouyant (sp).

I have a pretty good drop off at my lake.

Anyway it's still a b|+$& to get these pallets squarely under the feet + by the time you get the lift (we float it out to where we want it) there's a lot of stilt kicked up.

I have a scuba license but the place is an hour away to rent equipment and then you have to return it. Any way has anyone tried a Super Snokle, electric or gas? Hope you don't suck in the fumes. Thanks

Link:

http://www.supersnorkel.com/

Edited by jchooper
MalibuNation
Well it's spring time and a young man's fancy turns to getting the boat lift in. I have to put something under the feet in the deep end to stop the feet from sinking in the muck. So far fiberglass pallets work the best. The only problem is they want to float. I've put cement in them and that makes them less bouyant (sp).

I have a pretty good drop off at my lake.

Anyway it's still a b|+$& to get these pallets squarely under the feet + by the time you get the lift (we float it out to where we want it) there's a lot of stilt kicked up.

I have a scuba license but the place is an hour away to rent equipment and then you have to return it. Any way has anyone tried a Super Snokle, electric or gas? Hope you don't suck in the fumes. Thanks

Link:

http://www.supersnorkel.com/

I meant to put this in "Watersports & Gear", is this something I can move over there? Thanks

These units run very well but they are expensive. You can also check out Air Line and Brownies Third Lung. They all have safety features to prevent CO from getting into the compressor intake and I have never heard of an incident involving these units. If you have power out at your dock or a generator big enough to run the electric, then you could go that route. If not, or if you want to use the unit in open water at a later time, go with gas.

Brownies Third Lung and Bauer Compressors also make portable compressors that will fill your tank at home. They run on small gas engines (most seem to be 5.5hp Honda's) and can be moved by 1-2 people. I have one that I bought years ago that works very well. It was made by Nautica International, but they no longer make scuba compressors.

I hope this helps.

Since you are certified, why not just invest in the scuba equipment you need. You can find it on Ebay cheap, a lot less than these snorkles. A tank of air at the depth you are working at will last about an hour. Then you would have the gear to use when you go on trips. Those surface air supplies would be a waste of money IMO.