Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

No way this boat is approaching $80's!! That would be Supra Territory. I bet if your smart about it you could be in the $60's.... Only speculating at this point.

Thoese are all of the stupid things people say that get on my nerves that I could come up with off the top of my head.

You need to add "and don't look back." I think if I hear that one one more time my head is going to explode.

Out of all that I typed thats what you took out of it? The new Axis line is a game changer. At the end of the day, it is what it is. Take it or leave it. Im just sayin'.

No, No! I read the whole thing. Thanks for the contribution. I have been reading a lot about people and their hurt butts lately.. I am starting to question what kind of forum this is....

That Axis dash looks about as cheapo as you can get. And I still don't get the heater vents blowing in your face and having all the heat going right out of the boat. Or having pop outs hanging over your steering wheel and gauge area when others want to use heater.

• Like 3

what is a nicely medium equipped 2015 Mojo 23ft 6.2 450 going for??? someone said earlier right at $70k? can anyone confirm??

I can't "confirm" but the msrp racks up on the moomba site. Decked out it rolls up to low 80s. I gotta think you're out the door for $75 max.

That Axis dash looks about as cheapo as you can get. And I still don't get the heater vents blowing in your face and having all the heat going right out of the boat. Or having pop outs hanging over your steering wheel and gauge area when others want to use heater.

My wife pointed out the same thing.

Ive never had a problem using the heater vents. The left vent goes to the passenger side and the right vent usually stretches to the person sitting behind the driver seat, or the driver on our A22 when we have used it. Oh and the floor vent under the steering wheel for the driver. Most people that are cold are going to be duckng behind the windsheild area anyways so I guess thats why they put them there. It works for us.

Edited by ac88926

I am by no means in the market for a NEW boat (just a lowly underpaid FD paramedic!) , but all these minor gripes just seem so trivial to me. Square interior vs round interior...seriously?? Its like some of you guys are mattress shopping! As long as the vinyl is high quality I don't see what the big deal is...its not like you are gonna be sleeping on this thing. I think the OP wants a "budget boat" sacrificing all the flat screens and such WITHOUT sacrificing wake/wave and performance...I would have to agree with him! For me its all about performance and functionality, not memory foam seats. Whichever brand fits the bill I don't see how you could go wrong with it. Has anyone actually been out on a '15 Mojo AND a '15 Axis to truly compare the pro's and con's?

*edit: Oh and chattwake I love that A 24. Saw it on wakeworld. Hopefully that (maybe not yours) will be my next boat.

Edited by TNWILSON
  • Like 2

I mounted mine near the floor so you get all the heat on your feet and lower body, does not impede drivers helm area when tube is pulled out, and retains heat in the lounge area better. It just seems like a strange place to put two vents, maybe this is going to be the new trend.

I can't "confirm" but the msrp racks up on the moomba site. Decked out it rolls up to low 80s. I gotta think you're out the door for $75 max.

In my neck of the woods, you can buy an SC Supra in the low 80's with minimal squeezing. Well equipped 2014 Mojo was in the low $60's. Add $4K for a 2015 to cover inflation and new Indmar power.

ha my wife would love the vent in the face. She does that in her car in the winter -- heat in the face. It makes me want to punch someone in the face after about 10 seconds. But some people probably consider this a feature not a bug.

• Like 2

It seems to me like the OP already has his mind made up. Have you ever ridden behins a loaded A22 Norrismike? I am curious to see the difference between a loaded A22 to this new moomba.

In my neck of the woods, you can buy an SC Supra in the low 80's with minimal squeezing. Well equipped 2014 Mojo was in the low $60's. Add $4K for a 2015 to cover inflation and new Indmar power.

Wow that's great pricing with a guy saying he paid 70K for that MONDO.

It seems to me like the OP already has his mind made up. Have you ever ridden behins a loaded A22 Norrismike? I am curious to see the difference between a loaded A22 to this new moomba.

is stock plus PNP considered loaded?

For the record - I am not buying a new boat. I just wanted something to do on my boring Friday at work so I started this thread.... I love my Malibu!!!! :werule::cheers:

is stock plus PNP considered loaded?

I have stock, plus plug and play,wedge, plus about 5oo pounds of lead scattered throughout, plus however many people/gear.

Edited by ac88926

Nobody has mentioned that the T22 has a 102" beam... I also think the new A22 is going to get those other 2" as well.

That does make a difference when comparing a 23'100" beam boat to a 22'102" beam boat.

HAAHH!

Good point on the 102" I like that. I can tell a difference between the 98" my boat has to a 100" boat. The extra width is nice. 102" would be very nice.

1112.png

A little bit of expert photo lighting and all of a sudden the moomba doesn't stand out from the axis dash anymore. Axis has proven itself as a serous top 5 wake/wave and has only been getting better each year. Couldn't imagine moving into a moomba based on a dash and all of a sudden deciding to produce a descent wake/wave(which still has yet to be proven).

IMG_7846.jpg