Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

I understand everything can look good in pictures and a demo would need to take place but..... What are your impressions on the new and completely redesigned 2015 Mojo?? So far I am liking it but I have been disappointed before. If I ordered one it would have to be all WHITE and debadged :biggrin:

23' x 100"

Ford Raptor motor 6.2 comes standard

Sweet "S" bend tower with cam locks - looks like Supra and Nautiques

nice bimini

Flow surf system

Finishing touches look great for a "budget" boat

Bluetooth receiver

Dash looks great and very functional

Walk thru engine cover

step down transom seat w cup holders!

The wake (both surf and board) needs to be seen but I've heard good things. How do you think this compares to the Axis lineup????

https://www.flickr.com/photos/moombaboats/with/14822569813/

IMG_8382_1.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

Mojo4_zps6f0a8e18.jpgMojo3_zps347e25e6.jpgMojo2_zpsea4a0d2b.jpg

Mojo1_zps3812a360.jpg

RAPTORMotor_zps2c4143d5.jpg

I agree. I have seen this one Mojo 2.5 on our lake a few times and every time I see it I think WOW, that's a really nice MOOMBA.... The 2015 sounds better yet in so many ways.

I've heard they can be had nicely appointed for in the $60's. Like anything though, you could option the heck out of it and be in the $70's

It's sad I know..... but this is what we have to deal with!

I've heard they can be had nicely appointed for in the $60's. Like anything though, you could option the heck out of it and be in the $70's

It's sad I know..... but this is what we have to deal with!

Hmmm.... so more than double the price of our current one when we bought it new. Ouch! I do like simplicity and feel like all the gadgets and gizmos on some of the loaded up boats are not for me. I've survived with what a 1996 Malibu has had for nearly 20 years. I'd be fine with a similar level of technology and just a v-drive/surf system/tower I think. Less to pay for and less to break.

Also the Mojo is a 23' boat, so it's really not apples to apples for size against the T22 or A22. Close, but you get a little more boat with the Mojo.

Looks like they also did a dash redesign, it looks much better than the original release. Not as squared off, seems to have some nice lines and the large tach and speedo look great. I also heard the vinyl on the Mojo is much better quality than Axis.

What are the specs on the Raptor motor? I heard 400 ft. Lbs of torque? Correct?

Mike, do you have a Moomba dealer close to you?

I'd need to see one in person. I like everything about the new supras, I just can't get over the lines on the front (it looks like a whale). I'm not quite ready to order shamoo... If you drive/ride one of these and a T22 back to back I'm all ears. Been thinking about upgrading.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... so more than double the price of our current one when we bought it new. Ouch! I do like simplicity and feel like all the gadgets and gizmos on some of the loaded up boats are not for me. I've survived with what a 1996 Malibu has had for nearly 20 years. I'd be fine with a similar level of technology and just a v-drive/surf system/tower I think. Less to pay for and less to break.

that's basically what this boat looks like but now something like you describe is 60's min.

Looks like a sharp boat at a "reasonable" price.

What's the surf system? All I see is a trim plate and a listed boat. Is that right or am I missing a more advanced system?

google moomba Flow surf system

Also the Mojo is a 23' boat, so it's really not apples to apples for size against the T22 or A22. Close, but you get a little more boat with the Mojo.

Looks like they also did a dash redesign, it looks much better than the original release. Not as squared off, seems to have some nice lines and the large tach and speedo look great. I also heard the vinyl on the Mojo is much better quality than Axis.

What are the specs on the Raptor motor? I heard 400 ft. Lbs of torque? Correct?

Mike, do you have a Moomba dealer close to you?

Correct and yes.

I understand everything can look good in pictures and a demo would need to take place but..... What are your impressions on the new and completely redesigned 2015 Mojo?? So far I am liking it but I have been disappointed before. If I ordered one it would have to be all WHITE and debadged :biggrin:

23' x 100"

Ford Raptor motor 6.2 comes standard

Sweet "S" bend tower with cam locks - looks like Supra and Nautiques

nice bimini

Flow surf system

Finishing touches look great for a "budget" boat

Bluetooth receiver

Dash looks great and very functional

Walk thru engine cover

step down transom seat w cup holders!

The wake (both surf and board) needs to be seen but I've heard good things. How do you think this compares to the Axis lineup????

https://www.flickr.com/photos/moombaboats/with/14822569813/

Man I love me some manual switches.....I have to get off this band wagon.

• Like 2

Looks like a sharp boat at a "reasonable" price.

What's the surf system? All I see is a trim plate and a listed boat. Is that right or am I missing a more advanced system?

Surf system is a manual gate system, that is the only downfall compared to Axis. Its not controlled on the dash with actuator, you cant do wake transfers. However, you never have to worry about replacing actuators, probably zero maintenance on the flow system.

The only thing i'm missing is the option for the Supra's Swell system. I like the design of the new moomba mojo and the base engine with 400hp - crazy.

Axis all the way. This place is so butt hurt on Axis, it's stupid.

Photography skills are great, any professional can make any interior look good in pics.

The wake is good? What pro rider is behind a Moomba? Lol

Edited by boardjnky4