Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

I have heard the same thing. I hope to try my buddy's Mondo w/ Flow soon so I can generate my own opinion.

I wouldn't say "it sucks", But you do still have to list the boat, for it to clean up. Not much though. Offset the surf side with about 20% more weight, and it cleans up nicely. The heavier you go, the more you need to offset weight. You don't have to lay the boat over hard. My buddy just loads up evenly, and puts the passengers on the surf side.

• Like 2

I am sorry this thread hurt your feelings. That wasn't my intention.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Boat looks sick, like really awesome!! Definitely interested to hear about the surf system and get a good review.

The Flow is basically the same as the Nautique NSS technology. You need a 65/35ish slight "cheat" and the faster the better, 11.6 - 12.2. I seriously have owners and dealers contacting me from all over the country trying to learn how to weight their boats for big surf.... evely weighted, it"ll surf about the same as you see in that video above... but dialed in it is capable of a LOT LOT more. Its not difficult by any means... but perfectly even weighting like SG is only capable of so much with NSS/Flow, you need a slight lean.

This Mojo rocks. 23ft 100" beam with a 6.2L is amazing.

like was said... strip their graphics and decals off. the only other thing that really jumped out at me as junky is that big rectangle plastic vent on the transom....I would immediately start working a way to replace that with a better material. It has sharp corners... really bad. But if you can get this boat well equipped under $70k with the surf system and 6.2?.....its a winner.

Edited by nyryan2001

The Moomba addresses my main beef with the Axis interior, the corners are rounded off and not square. IMO, that alone pushes me to the Moomba. I almost bought an Axis, until I sat in one.

• Like 2

The Flow is basically the same as the Nautique NSS technology. You need a 65/35ish slight "cheat" and the faster the better, 11.6 - 12.2. I seriously have owners and dealers contacting me from all over the country trying to learn how to weight their boats for big surf.... evely weighted, it"ll surf about the same as you see in that video above... but dialed in it is capable of a LOT LOT more. Its not difficult by any means... but perfectly even weighting like SG is only capable of so much with NSS/Flow, you need a slight lean.

This Mojo rocks. 23ft 100" beam with a 6.2L is amazing.

like was said... strip their graphics and decals off. the only other thing that really jumped out at me as junky is that big rectangle plastic vent on the transom....I would immediately start working a way to replace that with a better material. It has sharp corners... really bad. But if you can get this boat well equipped under $70k with the surf system and 6.2?.....its a winner.

So true regarding the flow, and to a lesser extent the Swell system. They are capable of great waves, but you really need to dial them in and they like a little extra weight on whatever side you are surfing to really clean them up. Many of the dealers don't have a clue on how to set them up.

• Like 2

The Moomba addresses my main beef with the Axis interior, the corners are rounded off and not square. IMO, that alone pushes me to the Moomba. I almost bought an Axis, until I sat in one.

Totally agree with this. I demo'd the T22 and just wasn't feeling the interior. Looked at the Supra....it was all over. Now if the 2015 mojo would have been out when I was looking, it would have definitely been a contender.

WOW that MB looks AWESOME!!!

AXIS need to take a lesson from them. Check out all the aluminum panels and trimmings. These are the correct materials for a boat interior. MB gel coats quality is great as well. Wish we had a good MB dealer in our area!!

axis%20Dash%203.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

BW_01-2013_Axis_02.jpg

Comparing 2 backyard pictures to a professional in a studio. Exactly my point.

I could probably take a terrible picture of Kate Upton on my cell phone, but that doesn't mean she's not a smoking hot supermodel.

When you look at it objectively, it's nearly the same. The fabric on the helm is not any different. 2 gauges, a bunch of switches, a headunit, some faux metal trim. Maybe the steering wheel is nicer on the Moomba? That's really about it.

And most importantly, again, the Moomba wake is likely laughable in comparison to the Axis as is that pathetic excuse for a surfgate.

Edited by boardjnky4

Comparing 2 backyard pictures to a professional in a studio. Exactly my point.

I could probably take a terrible picture of Kate Upton on my cell phone, but that doesn't mean she's not a smoking hot supermodel.

When you look at it objectively, it's nearly the same. The fabric on the helm is not any different. 2 gauges, a bunch of switches, a headunit, some faux metal trim. Maybe the steering wheel is nicer on the Moomba? That's really about it.

And most importantly, again, the Moomba wake is likely laughable in comparison to the Axis as is that pathetic excuse for a surfgate.

Sorry again man, I can sense some tension here. The thing is, I don't know if there are any new 2015 Mojo's out yet - a 2014 is not what I'm interested in. I am contacting my dealer today to inquire. If he has one I will definitely go check it out and take come cell phone pics so you can compare in a fair way.

Have you spent any time on an Axis? What kind of boat do you own?

Just called the Supra/Moomba dealer and they are waiting on their 2015 ordered boats to come in still. He said maybe in a few weeks he will have one on his lot. :thumbup:

Sorry again man, I can sense some tension here. The thing is, I don't know if there are any new 2015 Mojo's out yet - a 2014 is not what I'm interested in. I am contacting my dealer today to inquire. If he has one I will definitely go check it out and take come cell phone pics so you can compare in a fair way.

Have you spent any time on an Axis? What kind of boat do you own?

Have I spent time in Axis? Probably more than any other member here. I own an A20, have a close friend with an A24, have been in and behind numerous A22's spanning pretty much every model year.

Edited by boardjnky4

Look, there is only one brand that members of this forum bash harder than Axis, and that's Malibu.

I've never been on a forum for "fans" of a particular brand, sport, team, etc., where the members are more critical of their own brand, sport, team, etc. than those that frequent this site. Most of the hatred is comical in retrospect. Look back at how members reacted when the mxz was introduced. You would have thought Malibu had decided to produce a wakeboat with an outboard on it! It was a non-stop hatefest for months. Now, what? Members here love the MXZ lineup. I guess all I'm saying is I no longer am surprised when I get on here and read numerous threads about how awful, overpriced and/or behind the competition Malibu/Axis has become. I guess, in light of the fact that Malibu/Axis continues to crush market share, year in and year out, not everyone feels the same way.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm not going to argue any of that.

Look, there is only one brand that members of this forum bash harder than Axis, and that's Malibu.

I've never been on a forum for "fans" of a particular brand, sport, team, etc., where the members are more critical of their own brand, sport, team, etc. than those that frequent this site. Most of the hatred is comical in retrospect. Look back at how members reacted when the mxz was introduced. You would have thought Malibu had decided to produce a wakeboat with an outboard on it! It was a non-stop hatefest for months. Now, what? Members here love the MXZ lineup. I guess all I'm saying is I no longer am surprised when I get on here and read numerous threads about how awful, overpriced and/or behind the competition Malibu/Axis has become. I guess, in light of the fact that Malibu/Axis continues to crush market share, year in and year out, not everyone feels the same way.

Whoa. This thread has struck a nerve already I see. Maybe I haven't been on here long enough to realize this hatred you talk about. It seems like everyone on here is a boating and Malibu/Axis enthusiast.

Have I spent time in Axis? Probably more than any other member here. I own an A20, have a close friend with an A24, have been in and behind numerous A22's spanning pretty much every model year.

I was joking - I am not that naive. Lighten up!

I was simply seeking honest opinions. Thanks for those that have contributed in a positive way.

And I guess I'm a homer, but I'd rather own an Axis than a Moomba any day of the week. I've owned 2 a22's and now have an A24. I've also owned an Xstar, several SANTE 230's, a VLX, an LSV, and others. I've spent some time on a few newer Moomba's (including a mojo), and based on what I have seen and heard, the wake/wave of the pre-2015 Moomba boats just can't compete with the A22 (in terms of wake), the T22 (in terms of wake or wave), or the A24 (in terms of wake or wave). I'm sure some will disagree, but I also believe that the Axis lineup will hold it resale value better all day long. I believe this to be the case because I've bought and sold two Axis boats, and plan on selling my A24 at some point. I've done very well (as well as with my Malibu's and Nautiques) in terms of how easy it was to flip my A22's for good money.

In my opinion (just mine) I also firmly believe that the Axis line is more prestigious and garners more respect than the Moomba line from people who are familiar with wakeboats. It's a line that was created with an eye towards producing the best possible wake/wave. It may be a budget friendly line, but you make no sacrifices in terms of performance when you buy an Axis. Just my .02.

Not to get into a debate, but the dash on the moomba looks like they are following the Axis with only a slight variation. I see no advantage.

I've been rocking a 2014 Axis A22 with plug 'n play, and the wakes are nothing short of phenomenal, with people on board or without. We went down to a local lake for a quick demo with a couple guys, and 14 riders later we left after dark. Malibu owners, MC owners, Moomba owners, everyone has been blown away by A) Surf Gate, B) Surf Gate's ability to switch sides and not waiting your turn to lean the boat, C) the sheer wake size and quality from the Axis. Beyond that we've heard lots of comments about liking the boat overall.

Moomba should be a direct competitor, if they can produce the same wake the Axis can. While I don't believe they can, that is in the eye of the rider, driver, etc. On a price level I believe Axis can compete head to head with the same options. Surf Gate and wedge may push the Axis higher, but those are options not available on the moomba.

MB Sports really can't be in the same realm here, as at least on the east coast the price competes with Malibu, not Axis or moomba.

I too would prefer a little more "rounded-ness" to the interior of the Axis, and while I expect that might detract from the more angular lines of the Axis and start competing more with Malibu, I don't feel the Axis is uncomfortable. There can be value trade offs too. At the moment I have no problem spending 70k on a sweet A22 vs the same on a moomba or 90k on a Malibu.

Peter

Whoa. This thread has struck a nerve already I see. Maybe I haven't been on here long enough to realize this hatred you talk about. It seems like everyone on here is a boating and Malibu/Axis enthusiast.

I was joking - I am not that naive. Lighten up!

I was simply seeking honest opinions. Thanks for those that have contributed in a positive way.

oh lol

we need a sarcasm tag here!

Don't worry, there's no tension at all. I am a firm believer in the Axis lineup, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just trying to be fair and represent the Axis in the way that it deserves to be respresented.

Edited by boardjnky4