Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

I've seen it :)

While I think it's an improvement, I think they could have done slightly better. For the people looking for a more luxurious look, you'll still feel like it's not luxurious.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 1

I've seen it :)

While I think it's an improvement, I think they could have done slightly better. For the people looking for a more luxurious look, you'll still feel like it's not luxurious.

Thanks for raining on the parade! LOL

I've seen the new dash and windshield. Windshield is an improvement, dash maybe lateral move at best. I like the existing dash better. Couple other guys like the new better. Should be pics coming out soon

I am anxious to see the new dash. I was thinking of upgrading to a T23 during the off season, but my biggest gripe about my boat is the dash.

Axis buyers just need to understand that Malibu is going for more of a utility/sport/fighter jet/whatever type of look, and that will continue. It has the feel of an airplane cockpit the way the switches are, the flat black and gray plastic, sharp corners, etc... You just need accept that and move on.

• Like 1

Think A22 and then subtract 2' :) sorry I couldn't help it

Yes, the A20 and A24 interiors will be identical to the current A22.

Axis buyers just need to understand that Malibu is going for more of a utility/sport/fighter jet/whatever type of look, and that will continue. It has the feel of an airplane cockpit the way the switches are, the flat black and gray plastic, sharp corners, etc... You just need accept that and move on.

Utility/sport/fighter jet is probably the best description I have heard.

We toured the factory today and saw quite a few changes. Everything looks for the better to me and Kasey was great.

Love our T22 but wouldn't turn down a T23 if we didn't have a lake limit. Just because. Lol.

Edited by That Guy

I wonder if the Axis owners see the new CRAZ steering wheel (and dash) and get upset?

2016_craz_helm.jpg

Dash looks like Wall-E. I think the Moomba looks and feels cheap. I like the Axis dash...guess I'm in the minority.

Dash looks like Wall-E. I think the Moomba looks and feels cheap. I like the Axis dash...guess I'm in the minority.

I agree. I'd rather not have any digital display than one that looks like atari. I like the progress Moomba showed but I don't prefer it over the axis dash. That said, there is a rumor here or on the axis forum of a new dash. Hear its still very utilitarian, which is fine.

I am ok with basic. I would like to see them do something a little cleaner on the toggle switches. I personally think the black switches they used to have are better then the silver pegs we have now.

I don't mind the silver pegs. I do like the black switches better as far as looks. However, I think the silver switches feel more durable. I hate the heater locations on the dash. I am so excited they are moving those to the walkthrough. If they slim the dash down some I think that will be a huge win.

I also know there is a radio change on the dash. I heard it is going to be larger than older radios. And maybe a touchscreen....

I don't mind the silver pegs. I do like the black switches better as far as looks. However, I think the silver switches feel more durable. I hate the heater locations on the dash. I am so excited they are moving those to the walkthrough. If they slim the dash down some I think that will be a huge win.

I also know there is a radio change on the dash. I heard it is going to be larger than older radios. And maybe a touchscreen....

The new switches are the same peg style with the LED, they're just black instead of silver.

• Like 1

The new switches are the same peg style with the LED, they're just black instead of silver.

I didn't know the switches are changing color. I like that black over silver idea. My durable comment was in reference to Garner's comment. I think the new ones feel more durable than the old, flat black switches from the earlier axis models. The ones that were like the switches used in the early 2000's Malibu's

Hydraulic surf gate actuators - that is a nice upgrade from the lenco. Although seems like lenco has a much better reliability record with a single actuator on a surfgate tab from the previous dual lenco actuators on the older power wedge.

Also the transfer beeper/alarm, a nice feature very useful for transfers.

Edited by Fman