Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

I believe the NXT is 5 years and so is moomba. MB is an identical warranty to Malibu. not sure about supreme. That is a dramatic difference. If I were looking at this price point that would be an issue

• Like 1

I believe the NXT is 5 years and so is moomba. MB is an identical warranty to Malibu. not sure about supreme. That is a dramatic difference. If I were looking at this price point that would be an issue

Agreed - good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that almost has a seizure when I look the new Malibu patterns????? I can't stand them. This is another thing I don't know who signed off on..... They don't flow and look out of place. Like someone went nuts with the scissors or something... It makes me think of those hippie patch pants.

campfirewornbacktilt.jpg

large.jpg

Malibu22VLX_2015_interior.jpg

[img=http://images2.boattrader.com/resize/1/4/68/4810468_20140909095618408_1_LARGE.jpg?w=640&h=480&t=1182321

4819098_20140918112612543_1_LARGE.jpg?w=

Something is definitely Phishy about it....

Good point, a lot of pattern going on there. They really need to hire a designer to refine their patterns. What kills me is that LED wakesetter logo in the cupholder area. My boat is red and black, red LED's make sense. Why on a green boat could they not switch it to a green LED? Or blue on blue boats? Such a minor change, definitely no cost upgrade to Malibu. It's the small things I suppose. Details, details....

Edited by saxton15

MB is identical to Malibu if Malibu had Ford engines. All of the indmar fords, regardless of manufacturer, get 5 year warranties.

I love axis....except for the 1/2 windshield. :tomato:

J/K couldn't resist. But I love the concept around Axis. Love it. I would have bought one if I needed a warranty with a new boat in my price range. Because I don't care about warranty, I got an LSV used for around the same price.

• 3 weeks later...

After I test drove the T23 yesterday, I left feeling glad I did not order one without driving it first. I loved the boat while tied to the dock, and I think the 350 is fine with the new gear ratio. What I didn't like was the throttle. My 01 VLX is smoother than that. The salesman said most are a little looser than the one we were in but it was so stiff that I almost could not tell the difference between in gear and neutral.

ahopkins22LSV

After I test drove the T23 yesterday, I left feeling glad I did not order one without driving it first. I loved the boat while tied to the dock, and I think the 350 is fine with the new gear ratio. What I didn't like was the throttle. My 01 VLX is smoother than that. The salesman said most are a little looser than the one we were in but it was so stiff that I almost could not tell the difference between in gear and neutral.

I haven't driven a T23 yet, but I have to imagine that the throttle wasn't adjusted correctly. None of the new boats I have driven have been like that.

I haven't driven a T23 yet, but I have to imagine that the throttle wasn't adjusted correctly. None of the new boats I have driven have been like that.

I am going to give it another shot before I dismiss the Axis from my list since they sold a T23 earlier in the week with the only bow sac they had so the demo wasn't 100% anyway. They will have more bow sacs in this week. I hope it was the throttle just needed an adjustment since I really liked the looks and size of the boat!

ahopkins22LSV

I am going to give it another shot before I dismiss the Axis from my list since they sold a T23 earlier in the week with the only bow sac they had so the demo wasn't 100% anyway. They will have more bow sacs in this week. I hope it was the throttle just needed an adjustment since I really liked the looks and size of the boat!

I would for sure give it another shot! I have only crawled around in the 23, but love the 22 on the water. I imagine the 23 is awesome on the water as well!

I have driven a ton of inboards and spent a lot of time in an 01 VLX (Still one of my favorite boats!). When I first got my 15 a22 the throttle was way off too. I pulled it off the trailer and it jumped into gear... Nothing like any other boat I had driven. The dealer adjusted the throttle and now it drives like any other boat that has a throttle cable.

I have driven a ton of inboards and spent a lot of time in an 01 VLX (Still one of my favorite boats!). When I first got my 15 a22 the throttle was way off too. I pulled it off the trailer and it jumped into gear... Nothing like any other boat I had driven. The dealer adjusted the throttle and now it drives like any other boat that has a throttle cable.

That must be it then. It was tough getting it out of neutral, then once I pushed down hard enough to give it a little gas, it was way more than I wanted to give it. If that was the norm, no way I would want any of my friends driving to pull me or load the boat on the trailer at the end of the day.

• 2 months later...

I am going to demo the 2015 Mojo this week; full surf and wakeboard demo. I have demo'd the 2015 Malibu 23LSV, Tige Z1, Mastercraft X23 so far this summer, but all are out of budget. Now I am going to see how the budget boats stack up. I have talked to the Axis dealer and we are going to demo the A22 & T23 as soon as they have one available. For me, the needs are Wake, Wake and more Wake first and foremost with minimal effort and downtime. Second is seating arrangement (so far Mastercraft takes the cake with full-on stadium seating), but I will see how the chilax seating stacks up in the Moomba and Axis. But the transom seats on the Mastercraft are by far the coolest feature I have ever enjoyed on a boat. The Mastercraft also has a similar system to the Supra/Mojo Swell system new in 2015 to Moomba and I am impressed with the ease of use and the wave. The mastercraft I surfed was everybit as great as the 23LSV loaded down, so the tab system is pretty sweet and you really dont notice the list on the new boats due to the height of the gunnels. So I will report back on the Moomba later next week and hopefully be able to give a real life comparison to the Axis soon after.

Current Mkt $$$ 7/2015:

used 2014 A22 with surfgate; $49,900

demo 2015 Mojo with auto flow; $59,900

Malibu 23LSV 2014: $71K+

Mastercraft; too rich much for my blood

Prev boats:

2011 Tige Z1

2006 Malibu 23LSV

2006 Supra 24

2005 Air Nautique

2001 Malibu 23XTI

I am going to demo the 2015 Mojo this week; full surf and wakeboard demo. I have demo'd the 2015 Malibu 23LSV, Tige Z1, Mastercraft X23 so far this summer, but all are out of budget. Now I am going to see how the budget boats stack up. I have talked to the Axis dealer and we are going to demo the A22 & T23 as soon as they have one available. For me, the needs are Wake, Wake and more Wake first and foremost with minimal effort and downtime. Second is seating arrangement (so far Mastercraft takes the cake with full-on stadium seating), but I will see how the chilax seating stacks up in the Moomba and Axis. But the transom seats on the Mastercraft are by far the coolest feature I have ever enjoyed on a boat. The Mastercraft also has a similar system to the Supra/Mojo Swell system new in 2015 to Moomba and I am impressed with the ease of use and the wave. The mastercraft I surfed was everybit as great as the 23LSV loaded down, so the tab system is pretty sweet and you really dont notice the list on the new boats due to the height of the gunnels. So I will report back on the Moomba later next week and hopefully be able to give a real life comparison to the Axis soon after.

Current Mkt $$$ 7/2015:

Mastercraft; too rich much for my blood

Prev boats:

2011 Tige Z1

2006 Malibu 23LSV

2006 Supra 24

2005 Air Nautique

2001 Malibu 23XTI

That Malibu sounds like a smoking deal

What about MB?

Current Mkt $$$ 7/2015:

Where are you located? In my area that LSV and A22 would be LONG GONE at those prices. I have a 2014 A22 and dealer is confident that I can sell for 60K+ right now.

I live in Atlanta, but found those deals scattered about the southeast. I did go out on the Mojo yesterday and the dealership was great, but the Mojo did not perform. I am hoping to get out on the Axis soon, preferably an A22 as that is what is in my budget. I was over on the Moomba forum and it seems like everyone struggles to get a good surfwave. It also seems like no matter what surf boat you have, you are going to want at least 900 lb bags in the lockers at a minimum along with a plumbed center tank and bow system. I just want a boat that I can fill up ballast when I get in the water and go surf on either side with no "down time" to switch sides. From what I hear the A22/T22 will do that for me if properly equipped with the right bags. (if my pennies really stack up I may shoot for a T-23)

p.s. I did get a sneak peak at the 2016 Moomba and they totally redisigned the auto-flow system on the boats and willing to bet that one will work as the entire transom is covered with trim tabs as opposed to the 2015 trim tabs being obviously under-sized.

I saw the new dash yesterday for the Craz. It does look very good and I am a wee bit jealous. I hope the new 2016 dash on the Axis is an improvement.