Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

I'm a former Tige boat owner. Like Malibu, Tige make a great boat.

After two trips to the Dallas Boat Show and a few test rides at Lake Lewisville (Moomba & Centurion) , I ordered a 2015 Mojo. The Raptor motor, the auto surf package and a five year warranty were the deciding factors. The price vs features comparison was also very compelling.

During my due diligence process, the President of Skiers Choice personally responded to my questions that emanated from "competitor's trash talk". Competitors said Moomba's are poor quality, have low resale value and they're a lower end boat. I copied the below text from the Skiers Choice President's response:

1. There is a NADA book which shows the resale values of each manufacturer model going back as many years as you can go. As to Moomba, it has one of the highest %, if not the highest in the ski/wake industry. Are the numbers lower in raw dollars...yes, but you paid less to begin with.

2. Poor quality. A Moomba is manufactured to the same specifications as every Supra, in lamination in particular, there is no difference. The best judge of quality is usually how the customer feels about the boat they purchased, which in this case, we use a term called CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). This number is measured by a 3rd party group for all boats. Moomba has a ski industry leading 9 consecutive industry awards for maintaining a score of over 90%!

These are quality products that our employees take tremendous pride in building. We would welcome you anytime for a factory tour here in Tennessee, I think you will leave in a position to make an informed decision on which products are built with a high level of quality. Good luck in your search.

The 15 Mojo makes a great stock surf wake. However, upon arrival, the dealer will install 1,100 lbs rear bags to further enhance the wake surfing experience.

I mean no disrespect to Malibu boats or Malibu boat owners. I just wanted to offer my recent real world experience.

Come on Summer Time :)

I really like the 2015 Mojo, and was very close to ordering one. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that for the last 8 years I have lusted after a 'Bu, and I just thought if I was finally going to get a boat this year, it really should be a 'Bu. So the 2015 23 LSV should be with me next month :)

I think the 2015 Mojo will be a great boat, and I am sure you'll love it.

I'm a former Tige boat owner. Like Malibu, Tige make a great boat.

After two trips to the Dallas Boat Show and a few test rides at Lake Lewisville (Moomba & Centurion) , I ordered a 2015 Mojo. The Raptor motor, the auto surf package and a five year warranty were the deciding factors. The price vs features comparison was also very compelling.

During my due diligence process, the President of Skiers Choice personally responded to my questions that emanated from "competitor's trash talk". Competitors said Moomba's are poor quality, have low resale value and they're a lower end boat. I copied the below text from the Skiers Choice President's response:

1. There is a NADA book which shows the resale values of each manufacturer model going back as many years as you can go. As to Moomba, it has one of the highest %, if not the highest in the ski/wake industry. Are the numbers lower in raw dollars...yes, but you paid less to begin with.

2. Poor quality. A Moomba is manufactured to the same specifications as every Supra, in lamination in particular, there is no difference. The best judge of quality is usually how the customer feels about the boat they purchased, which in this case, we use a term called CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index). This number is measured by a 3rd party group for all boats. Moomba has a ski industry leading 9 consecutive industry awards for maintaining a score of over 90%!

These are quality products that our employees take tremendous pride in building. We would welcome you anytime for a factory tour here in Tennessee, I think you will leave in a position to make an informed decision on which products are built with a high level of quality. Good luck in your search.

The 15 Mojo makes a great stock surf wake. However, upon arrival, the dealer will install 1,100 lbs rear bags to further enhance the wake surfing experience.

I mean no disrespect to Malibu boats or Malibu boat owners. I just wanted to offer my recent real world experience.

Come on Summer Time :)

NADA is pretty wacked as far as reality goes. NADA had my 2011 MB Sports 23 pegged at more than I paid for it new. That feels great while you own the boat but can set you up for disappointment when it comes time to sell. NADA values are widely known to be suspect. I've got no idea how NADA arrives at their values. There's no way that it can know how much people pay, but perhaps participating lenders report how much people borrow? When I sold my used boat for cash, nobody at NADA called to ask how much the buyer paid. In the end, the market bears what the market bears, NADA be damned. NADA is probably a better reflection of our crazy consumer lending industry than it is actual boat values.

Selling a "lesser" brand boat, you will need to price it aggressively or wait a LONG time to sell. And maybe both. The other unquantifiable fact is that second tier boats (and I'd put Moomba and MB both in that category) are harder to sell used. My first boat, a Malibu, sold within days of being listed, and I had many many many interested parties in those few days. My MB was listed for three months before the right buyer came along. So it's not just the resale price, but also the ease of getting it sold (and my boat was listed on CL, boattrader, and onlyinboards... there was no lack of exposure).

None of which is meant to trash talk moomba. They appear to be fine boats, and will no doubt provide years of enjoyment on the water.

Edited by shawndoggy

NADA is pretty wacked as far as reality goes. NADA had my 2011 MB Sports 23 pegged at more than I paid for it new. That feels great while you own the boat but can set you up for disappointment when it comes time to sell. NADA values are widely known to be suspect. I've got no idea how NADA arrives at their values. There's no way that it can know how much people pay, but perhaps participating lenders report how much people borrow? When I sold my used boat for cash, nobody at NADA called to ask how much the buyer paid. In the end, the market bears what the market bears, NADA be damned. NADA is probably a better reflection of our crazy consumer lending industry than it is actual boat values.

Selling a "lesser" brand boat, you will need to price it aggressively or wait a LONG time to sell. And maybe both. The other unquantifiable fact is that second tier boats (and I'd put Moomba and MB both in that category) are harder to sell used. My first boat, a Malibu, sold within days of being listed, and I had many many many interested parties in those few days. My MB was listed for three months before the right buyer came along. So it's not just the resale price, but also the ease of getting it sold (and my boat was listed on CL, boattrader, and onlyinboards... there was no lack of exposure).

None of which is meant to trash talk moomba. They appear to be fine boats, and will no doubt provide years of enjoyment on the water.

Actually, most credit unions use the nada price as their standard (around here anyway). The credit unions around here will usually finance 100% of nada on used boats. So, that is how I price mine when I'm selling and never had a problem.

I had a 2008 Moomba XLV and today's Moombas are leaps and bounds better. However, I'll never own another. This is just my opinion but the Mojo has the ugliest lines in a wakeboat. Reminds me of a boxy VW minivan (not referring to the hippy VW bus). Call it a lame excuse as well but I'm not buying a boat called the "Mojo". It is a good boat I'm sure, and features and quality I'm also sure will be very good. Never had an issue with SC and warranty on my previous Moomba (only had mine 18 months) but my dealer was very impersonal and service took almost a week or more for routine 50hr service (dealers vary I know).

I had a 2008 Moomba XLV and today's Moombas are leaps and bounds better. However, I'll never own another. This is just my opinion but the Mojo has the ugliest lines in a wakeboat. Reminds me of a boxy VW minivan (not referring to the hippy VW bus). Call it a lame excuse as well but I'm not buying a boat called the "Mojo". It is a good boat I'm sure, and features and quality I'm also sure will be very good. Never had an issue with SC and warranty on my previous Moomba (only had mine 18 months) but my dealer was very impersonal and service took almost a week or more for routine 50hr service (dealers vary I know).

What a homer!!! When is the last time you looked at your 2011 Axis A22? Do you really think that is a good looking boat? Come on my friend, pull you head out of your A_ _.

Punt the goggles and make educated comments. Good day.

What a homer!!! When is the last time you looked at your 2011 Axis A22? Do you really think that is a good looking boat? Come on my friend, pull you head out of your A_ _.

Punt the goggles and make educated comments. Good day.

To be honest, not biased, I prefer picklefork boats whether it's an Axis, Supra, Malibu, MC...I just like the looks/lines. I've had 3 traditional bow wakeboats. I had a 2011 A22 and now have 2014 A24. I've had people compliment me on my Moomba and Supras but when non-boat owning people are coming up to me at gas stations, stores, or rolling down their car windows DAILY to compliment me on my Axis there must be something to it and there's no bias or brand loyalty from the non-boat owning public...they like what they see so you can attempt to argue that point with them. Also I've been pulled over by police twice just to look at my Axis. You like your Mojo, I'll like my Axis. I'm not stalking your profile to look up your boat. I don't have to call you names because you like your Mojo and tell you to pull your head out of where ever. Enjoy your Mojo.

Actually, most credit unions use the nada price as their standard (around here anyway). The credit unions around here will usually finance 100% of nada on used boats. So, that is how I price mine when I'm selling and never had a problem.

Maybe, but I'm guessing most will use some sort of wholesale book and only use nada value as a last resort.

And I guess I'm a homer, but I'd rather own an Axis than a Moomba any day of the week. I've owned 2 a22's and now have an A24. I've also owned an Xstar, several SANTE 230's, a VLX, an LSV, and others. I've spent some time on a few newer Moomba's (including a mojo), and based on what I have seen and heard, the wake/wave of the pre-2015 Moomba boats just can't compete with the A22 (in terms of wake), the T22 (in terms of wake or wave), or the A24 (in terms of wake or wave). I'm sure some will disagree, but I also believe that the Axis lineup will hold it resale value better all day long. I believe this to be the case because I've bought and sold two Axis boats, and plan on selling my A24 at some point. I've done very well (as well as with my Malibu's and Nautiques) in terms of how easy it was to flip my A22's for good money.

In my opinion (just mine) I also firmly believe that the Axis line is more prestigious and garners more respect than the Moomba line from people who are familiar with wakeboats. It's a line that was created with an eye towards producing the best possible wake/wave. It may be a budget friendly line, but you make no sacrifices in terms of performance when you buy an Axis. Just my .02.

HOMER INDEED!

Here are two short videos of the Moomba auto surf on a 2015 Mojo. Although the stock ballast surf wake looks good, added weight in the rear lockers will help. Watch the videos in HD mode.

I find this somewhat interesting and amusing at the same time. Is there an inherent need on your behalf to try and justify the decision you made to purchase a Mojo? Do you feel the need to come here to the Axis forum on TMC and insult others offering their opinions? Better yet, try to convince us that your Mojo purchase is superior to our boats?

Perhaps I am missing something here or you thought you were on the Moomba forum....

• Like 2

Boat show today!! I still haven't been in a 2015 Mojo so I am hoping to see one there. I will say, my opinion has changed on the Axis lineup. I really like their vinyl selections and patterns now. A huge step up to the good side. I still don't love the dash but I think an aftermarket steering wheel would really help it out. If I got one that would be the first thing I would change. I mean, the steering wheel is seriously a huge POS... Golf carts have nicer steering wheels... My UTV has a way nicer steering wheel.... WTH Axis? Sorry it bugs me.

Another thing, which is minor and totally fixable - the Sony head unit. What are owners thoughts on that? I've messed with a few times and it felt kinda clunky.

No Power Wedge - people that had it before and now own an Axis - good or bad? I use mine only when surfing but it really changes the waves attitude with just a few clicks. Very functional.

Mojo - I didn't realize the automated slow system was simply trim tabs. I like the Fusion head units vs Sony components Axis uses. I put one in my UTV and its pretty awesome - super easy and very functional.

I like boring boats :) and white.... with white towers....

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-A22-for-sale-Westover-Alabama-48143.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-Wake-T22-for-sale-Somerset-Kentucky-46607.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-T-23-for-sale-Visalia-California-47721.aspx

Seeing as surfing is all the rage now, how would you say the surf wake is compared to an axis or malibu?

Not as good

As good

Better

This question has yet to be answered by anyone who has experienced both 2015 Mojo and Axis

Boat show today!! I still haven't been in a 2015 Mojo so I am hoping to see one there. I will say, my opinion has changed on the Axis lineup. I really like their vinyl selections and patterns now. A huge step up to the good side. I still don't love the dash but I think an aftermarket steering wheel would really help it out. If I got one that would be the first thing I would change. I mean, the steering wheel is seriously a huge POS... Golf carts have nicer steering wheels... My UTV has a way nicer steering wheel.... WTH Axis? Sorry it bugs me.

Another thing, which is minor and totally fixable - the Sony head unit. What are owners thoughts on that? I've messed with a few times and it felt kinda clunky.

No Power Wedge - people that had it before and now own an Axis - good or bad? I use mine only when surfing but it really changes the waves attitude with just a few clicks. Very functional.

Mojo - I didn't realize the automated slow system was simply trim tabs. I like the Fusion head units vs Sony components Axis uses. I put one in my UTV and its pretty awesome - super easy and very functional.

I like boring boats :) and white.... with white towers....

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-A22-for-sale-Westover-Alabama-48143.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-Wake-T22-for-sale-Somerset-Kentucky-46607.aspx

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Axis-T-23-for-sale-Visalia-California-47721.aspx

totally agree about the upgrades... and now the steering wheel does stand out. the steering wheel on my 2010 was nicer than the one on my 15 a22.

As far as the sony deck... its not great but it has three amp outputs. So I ran three amps to control the sub, cabin and tower speakers. I also have preamp level controllers to control the sound in each zone. so really the deck is just there as a bluetooth source for my phone.

This question has yet to be answered by anyone who has experienced both 2015 Mojo and Axis

Which Axis are you trying to compare to keeping in mind the Mojo is a 23' Edited by AJWest

Good point. Does it compare to any?

Man, T23 is 23' 5". Anxious to see one

In my opinion and just on wave, all Axis boats will beat the Mojo except maybe the A20 just on its size does not displace enough water. The T22, T23, and A24 are way better than the Mojo could ever be at this point. A22 is still better as well but if T23 and Mojo are compared there's no contest...T23.

One of the malibu engineers at the boat show said the wet surface on the t23 is the same as the a24. Wave shape are affected be many other factors also. I think the t23 will be a great boat in the axis line. Hence why we are getting a new t23 this year.

I really wanted to buy a t23 until I climbed around one. I thought it was similar in quality to the mojo. Obviously the mojo wins on motor and warranty. My mistake was looking at malibu first. It's all the little things you give up for a 20-30k price difference that would bother me over time. I had the green light from the wife even!

What did you think the mojo was nicer than the axis on? The mojo we sat in felt very cheap, plastic vent just layed on too and screwed in platform seemed unfinished those kind of things. Also no doubt the malibu is nice but when we sat in it the over use of billet everything including hinges was kind of rediculous.

Only 2 things I'd want out of a Malibu to add to an Axis, power wedge and the more patterned interior. Malibu can keep the bling and electronics or build a Malibu LSV without the touch screens. However, that's why there are many brands with several boats to choose from

Edited by AJWest