Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

ahopkins22LSV

Chatt,

Don't you understand that this is "The Malibu Crew" and publicly suggesting that you're happy with your Malibu purchases or that you'd buy another one over a competing brand means you are 1) closed minded and 2) the victim of Jack Springer's Kool-Aid? You have owned 2 of what an X-star owner calls the ugliest boat of all time (IRONIC!) and you haven't stopped what you're doing to run to your MOOMBA dealer to trade your Axis on a new, unreviewed wake with bezel gauges? You obviously have no taste whatsoever. One can only hope that through the drumbeat of competitors' owners opining on the inferiority of the best selling brand in history, on their own forum, that you will come to your senses and see the light. Good luck in your journey to enlightenment.

Damn, you beat me to it 85! :rofl:

• Like 1

No, I have not had much time in or behind a new SC/SA. That being said, my comment was based on what I feel is the overall consumer perception of the Supra/Moomba brand. I have no doubt that the new SC/SA lines are very very nice. My point was overall prestige and resale values. Look, IMO, there's just not as much of a market for a used 80-90k supra as there is for a nice used LSV, XStar, G23/230, etc.

I guess at the end of the day, I'm just saying that I'd still buy a Malibu over a Supra or an Axis over a Moomba.

I agree with you on the prestige and resale values.

Chatt,

Don't you understand that this is "The Malibu Crew" and publicly suggesting that you're happy with your Malibu purchases or that you'd buy another one over a competing brand means you are 1) closed minded and 2) the victim of Jack Springer's Kool-Aid? You have owned 2 of what an X-star owner calls the ugliest boat of all time (IRONIC!) and you haven't stopped what you're doing to run to your MOOMBA dealer to trade your Axis on a new, unreviewed wake with bezel gauges? You obviously have no taste whatsoever. One can only hope that through the drumbeat of competitors' owners opining on the inferiority of the best selling brand in history, on their own forum, that you will come to your senses and see the light. Good luck in your journey to enlightenment.

85, do you need some tissue??

85, do you need some tissue??

O, I'm just kiddin. There was a time I wondered why so many people on here with other brands think that its wakeworld but I'm over it. I kinda like seeing pics of the other boats. Otherwise I wouldn't, ya know, being closed minded and such.

O, I'm just kiddin. There was a time I wondered why so many people on here with other brands think that its wakeworld but I'm over it. I kinda like seeing pics of the other boats. Otherwise I wouldn't, ya know, being closed minded and such.

That's cool. I dig like the passive aggressive barbs and just to make you feel better, there is a 98 Response tied to my dock.

• Like 1

To those who say the boat I want already exists (Axis) I would have to disagree. Apology in advance to Axis owners, but that has to be the ugliest boat ever created. Except for the dash of course, which is a masterpiece.

It's not really THAT much different than your XStar, design-wise.

IMG_2833.jpg

Axis.jpg

• Like 1

This tread is interesting. Really shows insight into how people make their boat purchase decisions and what they look for in a boat.

One thing that stands out to me is how people will discount a boat based on name alone. The perceived quality, or lack of quality, based purely on the name.

Another interesting thing is what people consider basic needs for wake boarding or surfing.

Finally, it's comical to see people get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

• Like 3

Its funny how people are considered butt hurt because they don't agree with others opinions. <br /><br />Its official....Butt hurt has surpassed Game Changer as the buzz word/trump card throw it down and its game over.

• Like 1

This tread is interesting. Really shows insight into how people make their boat purchase decisions and what they look for in a boat.

One thing that stands out to me is how people will discount a boat based on name alone. The perceived quality, or lack of quality, based purely on the name.

Another interesting thing is what people consider basic needs for wake boarding or surfing.

Finally, it's comical to see people get butt hurt when someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

Bama, not everyone bought their first towboat 3 years ago. I think you're referring to Chatt as to evaluation by "name". He did not come to that conclusion overnight, he's been in and around many brands for many years. So, it's not based "purely on name", it is based on "reputation".

I haven't seen anyone butthurt. I certainly don't care if someone buys a powertower or NSS or a Moomba (heck I handpicked a boat for a buddy recently and put him in a Moomba). What I find hilarious is that owners of other brands come on this board and tell people here who own Malibus that they're the ones who are closed minded and if they don't agree, they're the ones who are butthurt. It's simply a matter of perspective. No malibu "fanboy" in this thread has said anyone else is closed minded, yet its always the malibu owners here who are accused of that. To an objective person, the irony could be cut with a knife.

• Like 3

Chatt,

Nice!

I haven't been around the wakeboat world for long enough to contribute to weather a new boat will outperform another so I try to equate it to something I am familiar with. I have been with Honda/Acura for 25+ years and I enjoy all types of cars and the driving experience. Hyundai and Kia have come out with some decent looking and performing cars compared to their segment in the market and yet I can not get past the name. I am not a car snob, I am not an Acura fan boy, I can look at Kia and Hyundai and see how far they have come but there is no way in heck that I could own one. They're still hyundais and kias. So I share Chatts sentiment on the Moomba that's on its way. I have seen it many times in my career where a car comes out that would be referred to today, as a "game changer". One that stands out is the Chrysler Pacifica. I was selling cars at the time in 2006-2007 when the 2nd generation MDX came out which was at the same time the all new Pacifica was released. People raved about the Pacifica, how great it handled, how quiet they were, how well laid out they were and how they were nothing like chryslers of the past. In fact, they were built using all the Mercedes Benz technology. I'm pretty sure it even won SUV of the year in some auto publications. Well, I can see a lot of similarities between today's Mooma and yesterday's Pacifica. I have seen this same scenario play out over and over again. Sorry for the long post but I think it's something to consider when getting the first year "game changer". As others have mentioned, competition drives progression so I hope that it does hold up over time but as for now, I will remain skeptical.

Edit for spelling

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2

OK so back to price.

I just optioned out to be what I consider an upper medium option Mojo.... 6.2 Raptor, surf system, upgraded stereo, racks, mirrors, metal flake, boat cover, blinged out trailer, upgraded driver's seat, cleats, dockling lights, dual batteries etc etc... and MSRP was still at $69k....

lets say this goes up $5k for 2015....and selling at 10-15% under MSRP like most do. Selling ^^^^ at $65k range? that same Axis T22 is seriosly $10k more isnt is after the motor upgrade?

Edited by nyryan2001

Bama, not everyone bought their first towboat 3 years ago. I think you're referring to Chatt as to evaluation by "name". He did not come to that conclusion overnight, he's been in and around many brands for many years. So, it's not based "purely on name", it is based on "reputation".

I haven't seen anyone butthurt. I certainly don't care if someone buys a powertower or NSS or a Moomba (heck I handpicked a boat for a buddy recently and put him in a Moomba). What I find hilarious is that owners of other brands come on this board and tell people here who own Malibus that they're the ones who are closed minded and if they don't agree, they're the ones who are butthurt. It's simply a matter of perspective. No malibu "fanboy" in this thread has said anyone else is closed minded, yet its always the malibu owners here who are accused of that. To an objective person, the irony could be cut with a knife.

Who got accused of being close minded?? I thought this thread was going along pretty well.

OK so back to price.

I just optioned out to be what I consider an upper medium option Mojo.... 6.2 Raptor, surf system, upgraded stereo, racks, mirrors, metal flake, boat cover, blinged out trailer, upgraded driver's seat, cleats, dockling lights, dual batteries etc etc... and MSRP was still at $69k....

lets say this goes up $5k for 2015....and selling at 10-15% under MSRP like most do. Selling ^^^^ at $65k range? that same Axis T22 is seriosly $10k more isnt is after the motor upgrade?

With the base motor, you're looking at similar pricing. It's unfair to compare upgraded motor to base motor. I don't think you'll need much more than the PCM 350 in the T22.

With the base motor, you're looking at similar pricing. It's unfair to compare upgraded motor to base motor. I don't think you'll need much more than the PCM 350 in the T22.

Well, the base engine of the Moomba has 400HP, so the 409 would be the one for the Axis. I does not matter if one engine is standard and the other is a upgrade. You can live with a 350, no question, but most of us would choose more if they can get it for "free".

I think the Moomba Mojo 2015 is a nice package.. two things a left... it does not have a powered Wakesurf System and we are waiting to see how the wake really are. But my guess is: the wake for surfing and wakeboarding will be good to great.