Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

With the base motor, you're looking at similar pricing. It's unfair to compare upgraded motor to base motor. I don't think you'll need much more than the PCM 350 in the T22.

Have you surfed a 350 T22?

My dealer already sold their first '15 T22. I think it was on the lot for maybe 6 days! Sheesh, biz is good!

Have any pictures of the one that sold?

Well, the base engine of the Moomba has 400HP, so the 409 would be the one for the Axis. I does not matter if one engine is standard and the other is a upgrade. You can live with a 350, no question, but most of us would choose more if they can get it for "free".

I think the Moomba Mojo 2015 is a nice package.. two things a left... it does not have a powered Wakesurf System and we are waiting to see how the wake really are. But my guess is: the wake for surfing and wakeboarding will be good to great.

Correct me if I am wrong but the raptor in the mojo has 405 ft lbs of torque? That is significantly better than the 350 in the Axis or Malibu. I don't believe HP is really what drives performance in these types of boats being used for heavy loads. Or maybe I am mistaken, does HP really matter? Edited by Fman

in my opinion you need both - HP and Torque, and i'm with you - torque counts more for our sports. I just did not have the torque numbers, but for the base engine of a "budget" boat, both are impressive.

Edited by OneCent

Correct me if I am wrong but the raptor in the mojo has 405 ft lbs of torque? That is significantly better than the 350 in the Axis or Malibu. I don't believe HP is really what drives performance in these types of boats being used for heavy loads. Or maybe I am mistaken, does HP really matter?

You are not mistaken. The Indmar Ford engines are rated by torque. (400, 440, and 575) Torque and power go hand in hand, but the torque number and how it builds in relation to RPM is super important to how we use these boats.

Edited by Tims

When talking Horsepower and torque...... They are not two different things. Torque is twisting force. Horsepower is a measurement of that same twisting force, and the speed in which it is applied.

Horsepower is a more important measure of performance, in a car, or in a tow boat.

Edited by TenTwentyOne

The Indmar version does just fine with a lot of weight.

I have this same engine in my 13 vlx (350). It's good enough, but it would be nice to have a base motor with some extra hp and torque. At approx 3000 lbs of weight, 8 peeps in boat, wedge being used, SurfGate, 2315 prop, 2000' elevation it's full tilt. Better results for wakeboarding weight we run, but SurfGate just requires a lot of weight. I am guessing the T22 would be about the same. Edited by Fman

The Indmar version does just fine with a lot of weight.

Well great thanks for your opinion. And since you ask, yes I have surfed one also, and yes I talk specifics.

2014 350 T22, 2315 prop, full OEM ballast + 750 piggys, 8 folks onboard... Completely maxed out here at 3500rpm+ at 12mph.

post-15240-14080594111017_thumb.jpg

If I were buying a T22 as a surf boat... It'd have larger than the 350 to get its full potential.

So yes, it Definitely matters and it's fair to compare against the Mojo with the Raptor engine more power for $5-10k less.

ahopkins22LSV

Well great thanks for your opinion. And since you ask, yes I have surfed one also, and yes I talk specifics.

2014 350 T22, 2315 prop, full OEM ballast + 750 piggys, 8 folks onboard... Completely maxed out here at 3500rpm+ at 12mph.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408059408.987117.jpg

If I were buying a T22 as a surf boat... It'd have larger than the 350 to get its full potential.

So yes, it Definitely matters and it's fair to compare against the Mojo with the Raptor engine more power for $5-10k less.

Alright so, it isn't my boat and I don't know if he wants details spilled all over here from someone other than himself. We run VERY similar weight that did and it does not hesitate one bit at our elevation. I don't care what engine you would get in the T22 or Mojo. You asked how it does and I feel at the right elevation with the right prop it more than does the job.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I did not ask you anything...

The question I asked earlier in the thread, that has yet to be answered by anyone :whistle:, was about the dash comparison...

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1408059408.987117.jpg

That wave looks really small. I am assuming that it was run at high speed which translated into good push?

Super clean looking!! Another 1000 pounds and I bet it would be really nice.

Supra dealer called me and had a 2015 mojo come in today. Unfortunately it was already sold and the owner picked it up this afternoon. I was going to run down and check it out but decided to go out on my MALIBU instead :)

If Dodge came out with a new sporty, cool, commuter car, do you think it would be wise to name it the NEON? I would say - a big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So they named it a dart ya know because darts were awesome cars :lol:

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 2

That wave looks really small. I am assuming that it was run at high speed which translated into good push?

Super clean looking!! Another 1000 pounds and I bet it would be really nice.

It was a great wave... Lots of fun and yes at 12 most waves sacrifice size for speed. Another 1000lbs and it would have been epic.

Not Sure the mojo would be any cheaper. If you up grader the motor on the T22 to PCM 6.0 you would probably be evenly priced.

Sweet how he has the tower speakers downward firing.

Only reason I asked is because that was the rockstar giveaway boat. The owners had never owned a boat before. Didn't know if it had problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk