Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 MOOMBA MOJO vs AXIS A22 or T22

NorrisMike

So based on this... I don't see how anyone... will think a 350 Axis A22 or T22 at $68ish will hold value better than a 6.2l 450hp 23ft Mojo at $70k medium level equipped. It 'll be the Mojo all day long

A T22 with the 350 will be less than $68k. A Mojo with a 450 is more than $70k (see above).

ahopkins22LSV

I know I shouldn't... But I'm going to ask a stupid question... Why do you guys think that Moomba dash is so much better than the Axis dash? Has anyone been in the new Moomba or used the new dash? Not really defending or promoting either just asking the question because to be honest it doesn't look that much better based on look (IMO) and it doesn't look that user friendly. Again based on the video and the picture I haven't been in it or used it. I have used the axis dash and it is extremely easy to use. Never had a problem finding anything or seeing any display. The new Moomba does look very nice though. They are doing good things.

A T22 with the 350 will be less than $68k. A Mojo with a 450 is more than $70k (see above).

No need to op for the 440 lb ft engine. The base 400 lb ft Ford is only down 20 lb ft to the current LS3.

• Like 1

I think the golf cart steering wheel throws off the axis dash a bit. You want a budget boat? That's what you get! The cheapest of cheap. Hahahahahaha! Ok.

I agree. I have seen this one Mojo 2.5 on our lake a few times and every time I see it I think WOW, that's a really nice MOOMBA.... The 2015 sounds better yet in so many ways.

I'm the complete opposite when I see the only Mojo on the lake I go on...just like the Supra SC bow...it's disgusting IMO

I love these debates, I don't think anyone is saying the Axis is still not a nice boat. And it's tough not to argue the new Mojo is not coming on strong in build quality, wake, size, and value. Until more is unleashed on the mojo time will tell. The video definitely catches your attention, and the wakes seem legit.

All these boats are personal preference. And talking pricing on a forum is kind of misleading. We all know it will vary in your area of the country, time of year you purchase, dealer relationship, and changes even more when you sit down to ink the deal.

Skiers choice definitely made some significant changes from the 2014 to 2015 model. Really looking forward to hearing an honest review of someone demoing a 2015 Mojo and Axis A/T22 back to back to get a true sense of how these boats compare. Most of us are just speculating from pictures, for me, the mojo looks like a very nice boat that is right up with Axis and MB.

• Like 3

Why a boat that has less quality? Yes, performance is a factor, but at these prices you must consider quality.

There seems to be a lot less "quality" or I should say quality control, in Malibu with all the recent complaints lately on this forum. My friend's 2014 LSV is getting a complete new interior over the winter after 20hrs on the boat and other things fixed like lots wires replaced due to wire shield being worn through because holes drilled improperly.

Skiers choice definitely made some significant changes from the 2014 to 2015 model. Really looking forward to hearing an honest review of someone demoing a 2015 Mojo and Axis A/T22 back to back to get a true sense of how these boats compare. Most of us are just speculating from pictures, for me, the mojo looks like a very nice boat that is right up with Axis and MB.

I agree mostly. However i have been in all three of the boats 2014 models and have owned two of the brands. The Moomba and Axis are not in the same class as far as interior and gel coat goes. But as you said it's all preference and depending on dealer and service I would own any of the three.

Edited by DatTexasBoy
So, for those who have actually sat in one of the new Axis - do you bash your elbow or anything else into that tower? I just don't get running all that stuff right up next to the driver.

Me and my friend have bonked into the edges of the tower a couple times. We joke that "This boat is so edgy!" Haha

I agree mostly. However i have been in all three of the boats 2014 models and have owned two of the brands. The Moomba and Axis are not in the same class as far as interior and gel coat goes. But as you said it's all preference and depending on dealer and service I would own any of the three.

The 2015 and 2014 Mojo are completely different boats. Please report back when you get in a 2015 Mojo, the list of changes is impressive, deeper freeboard, Raptor engine, 23', 2500 lbs ballast, S bend tower (option now), Swell surf system, redesigned hull, new dash redesign...

The 2015 and 2014 Mojo are completely different boats. Please report back when you get in a 2015 Mojo, the list of changes is impressive, deeper freeboard, Raptor engine, 23', 2500 lbs ballast, S bend tower (option now), Swell surf system, redesigned hull, new dash redesign...

Ok will do. So mojo has Swell and not flow system now?

Edited by DatTexasBoy

MALIBU BOATS PLEASE LISTEN!!!!

Going back a couple of pages, I don't remember ANY Malibu bashing going on here when I started following TMC back in 2004. We all sung in unison. We all knew the words. Like a choir of angels. That was back when Malibu was a leader, an innovator, a quality manufacturer, and clearly cared about the boats and the people who bought and used them. As you will soon see, the tide has changed since then.

Once corporate took over, the bashing began......and rightly so. I feel so sorry to the core for anyone who has bought a Malibu since then. Including me. Sharply increasing prices as quality slipped into the "value boat" range before Malibu even had a value boat. Major jousting with corporate over no brainer warranty repairs. Especially the 2008 boats where owners were lied to by corporate and hung out to dry while the factory added 2009 options to the leftover 2008 boats in order to move them while telling 2008 owners that the 2009 options (maliview and auto wedge) would not work on the 2008 boats, so would not be made available as retro kits for their 2008 boats. Guess what? My "bootleg" 2008 maliview unit performed just fine! Fair enough because it allowed me to compete with the "bootleg" 2008 factory boats when I put my boat up for sale! This is VERY different from Malibu refusing to sell surf gate retrofit kits to pre 2013 boat owners. They just said no. They never said "it won't work'. I accept that. Btw, one 2008 owner had auto wedge accidentally added to his boat by Malibu factory technicians during the Malibu "2008 make it right" program that Malibu Boats put in place to correct the MANY SERIOUS flaws in the 2008 boats. When this owner reported on TMC that auto wedge had been added to his boat (after Malibu said it could not be done) Malibu told him they were going to remove it and if he would not allow them to remove it they would void his warranty. It is all here. Look it up.

Please listen Malibu Boats.........you are headed in the wrong direction. The whizz bang dash is REALLY cool the first time you show it to your friends. BUT>>>>>BUT>>>>>>BUT>>>>>>When it is time for those same friends to drive your boat so you can get a pull, the cool factor turns into complete suckage and chaos when no one knows how to run the complicated electronics. . Rotary knobs, rocker switches, and gauges.....that never go bad......that are easily replaced if they do......that can be understood by anyone, THAT is what I want. A brand new 23 LSV Wakesetter with a 2015 Moomba-ish dash, lots of factory quick fill ballast, and a killer wake for under 70K.........and please include a descent sound system that does not include the standard 40% dealer mark up. Why should I, or anyone, have to remove thousands of dollars worth of inferior Rockford Fosgate garbage from a brand new top of the line boat and replace it with a system that sounds twice as good at half the price? The same goes for the Wetsounds! BUYERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>compare the same Wetsounds system installed by your local dealer to the price Malibu wants for the same thing! Malibu quoted me 350.00 (installed) for the same Sirius tuner I bought for 60 bucks!

I have purchased three new Malibu boats since 2005, but I swear it will never happen again until Malibu ...............

1) Produces a boat that is easier to program than a VCR.

2) Takes a stand regarding dealers who break the law (at least in Virginia) by refusing to service (under warranty) any Malibu boat that was purchased out of territory.

3) Produces a top of the line boat that is as flawless as a hand made boat can be for WAAAAAAY under 100K.

I positively gag when I think about a boat that fits in a standard garage costing in the neighborhood of 100K.

As a point of reference I purchased a well equipped 2004 23 LSV demo boat with 48 hours in 2005 for 44k. My 2008 well equipped, and seriously flawed, 23 LSV was around 60K. My well equipped 2010 extremely bad a$$ 23 LSV was 66K. How much does it take to purchase a 2015? Over 100K? I don't know because I don't care! Why? Because I have no intention of buying another Malibu boat until my conditions 1 through 3 are met! Especially number 2! Which will be NEVER because you lemmings keep buying overpriced sub par Malibu boats!! However, I can easily see myself buying a Moomba, Ski Supreme, or similar boat, since they are already making EXACTLY what I want!

So, why am I here ranting? Because I want a doggone MALIBU!!!!!!!!!! I love my Malibu dealer! I have had Malibu boats forever! GAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Edited by skyskier

i was thinking that Boat is called Axis. It has a Moomba like Dash, is simpler, has a lot of ballast and a killer wake.. Just replace the Axis with some Malibu Sticker and be happy ;-)

• Like 2

^^^^ " Whiz Bang Dash " LOL, " Lemmings " Oh My,

Malibu is still leading and innovating. Prices are out of control, but so are Nautique, Mastercraft, and Supra. Axis has the switches you want. Don't be hatin...

• Like 2

Long post for a guy that owns a Mastercraft!! Yeah, my boat is really hard to drive. I think I have to push two buttons, and hit the gas?? Whoa!! Can you read? That would make it difficult if you couldn't read.

I agree on the dealer servicing any Malibu, but more than likely won't happen. As others mentioned Axis is a great alternative to the wakesetter line with no computers, great value and world class wakes. Probably much cheaper than your current mastercraft with as good or better wake performance.

The $70k wakesetter days are long gone...

Edited by Fman