Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 VLX vs a 05 LSV 21.5

Smeltz

Me and the wife love to surf and are looking at bu's. Would like to get the best wave for are buck and we don't ride with a lot of people (6 max). She rides reg and iam a goof.

I don't think the LSV came as a 21.5' boat in 05. They were all 23' & will need more weight to get the same wake. How many people do you bring with you on a typical day? Will the 23' boat fit in your garage? RV parking? Boat slip? Boat lift? Or will your truck haul the weight?

We has the 05 VLX, no such thing as a 21.5 LSV, the VLX is actually a 21.5. Surf was great, we had the middle and front ballast full along with the rear we were surfing. If we had 4-5 people we put about 250 in the front with an extra sac to get a nice long wake but if we only had 2-3 people we put this extra sac filled up (500) on the back seat. Whats nice is when you switch sides to slide the sac across the seat. Wake was great!!!

A good friend had an 06 23LSV and Bill is right, much more wake needed to get the wake!!

05 Sunsetter 21 LSV does exist.

I knew they existed in earlier years. As I recall, they didn't come with any wake sport equipment, ie; tower, ballast, etc. More of a luxury cruiser.

We has the 05 VLX, no such thing as a 21.5 LSV, the VLX is actually a 21.5. Surf was great, we had the middle and front ballast full along with the rear we were surfing. If we had 4-5 people we put about 250 in the front with an extra sac to get a nice long wake but if we only had 2-3 people we put this extra sac filled up (500) on the back seat. Whats nice is when you switch sides to slide the sac across the seat. Wake was great!!!

A good friend had an 06 23LSV and Bill is right, much more wake needed to get the wake!!

http://www.waterskimag.com/boat-reviews/2004/12/22/malibu-2005-sunscape-21-lsv/

No. There really is a 21 LSV. Like I posted earlier it was the sunscape on a diamond hull. They also had a 20 LSV and a 23 LSV. All sunscapes not wakesetters.

Here is the add that the guy has where I live.

Awesome Malibu Wakesetter

$45,900.00

Here is one sweet Malibu Wakesetter 21.5 LSV This boat comes with a bunch of great options, shower, dual heater outlets, manual wedge, center ballast, 4 tower speakers, 6 cabin speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom stereo control, new CD player with USB and line in the stereo is awesome. The graphics have been updated to 2014 Wakesetter graphics. All of the interior lights have been upgraded to LED lights, new factory Malibu cover, comes with a spare prop. Perfect pass speed control, depth gauge, air and water temp, rear underwater led plug light, LED lights in the rear grills, the interior in in excellent shape, it comes with a stowable table and front wind blocker. It is sitting on an extreme trailer which we have upgraded all the lights to LED, and have installed a set of 17" custom wheels. The boat only has 340hrs and is powered by the Monsoon 340hp motor. I do also have two hard ballast tanks for the lockers with all the plumbing, I just haven't had time to install them. The only reason we are selling is that we have been to busy to use it. It's a great deal on an awesome boat!

Year: 2005

Contact Seller

Name: Flapper323

Shot in the dark. With only center ballast I'd guess it is a Sunscape on the diamond hull with wakesetter decals. Looks like a wakesetter with similar top deck only with different trim pieces and hull. Still probably a great boat. Sometimes referred to as a "Fakesetter". Chrome trim on wakesetters say wakesetter. Chrome on sunscapes say malibu. Someone else may know more.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/kelowna/awesome-malibu-wakesetter/1005073121?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_20.JPG

Shot in the dark. With only center ballast I'd guess it is a Sunscape on the diamond hull with wakesetter decals. Looks like a wakesetter with similar top deck only with different trim pieces and hull. Still probably a great boat. Sometimes referred to as a "Fakesetter". Chrome trim on wakesetters say wakesetter. Chrome on sunscapes say malibu. Someone else may know more.

It's a Sunscape LSV on the diamond hull. The fact that he has the 2 hard tanks for the rear lockers out of the boat is the giveaway, that was standard on the Sunscapes that year. In a VLX of the same year, those would not be removable, since they're under the floor. Probably no bow tank either since it isn't mentioned in the ad. If you can get a picture of the transom at the chines, that will confirm it for you.