Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wicked Wave Review 06 V-Ride

Bradley Thornton

Going out in the morning plan on adding 400lb more up up front/center going to play with the weight a little will take a few pics. Plan on trying to measure just how long the wave is also.

What is the bolt called that holds the gate to the transom? Mine just sank I need to go get a new one.

yea, they are cheep and easy to get seen them at Lows yesterday. Going to try to find one that stays on the gate so I don't have to worry about that.

OK, after going out today the wave is 17ft long. We added 800lb extra and the wake didn't looked any better we put 400lb extra in the front and 400lb in the back. (See first pic) The wave didn't get better with the extra weight it stayed about the same maybe a little wash but I think it was from the FAE. The middle 400lb you see on the floor that is where I normally keep the 400 and so we took the others out because it didn't help with. We then emptied that 400 bow/center came up more than I liked in the front wave still looked good but made it harder to plain so we filled it back up.

So in the end I'm staying with 1,100s full in back center full 400 full in bow/center 160 lead up front wedge down.

One of my friends has a 2008 23LSV I got him to bring his board for a good comparison keep in mind he rides a lot he said my wave was better than his. He said maybe when it was weighted the most and best ever he said maybe it was close. Also a friend has a 13 VLX surf gate and he said hands down my wave was better. I thought so also but I thought I was a little bias. One of the big things is the push it has GREAT push.

IMG_2384_zps742f3993.jpg

IMG_2390_zps7c22dd7e.jpg

On the turnbuckle this was my fix to it got the new turnbuckle at Lows and the S ring and just pinched the S ring down once I had it in place.

On the strap I tried the pull strap and the buckle down strap like you use to strap the back of the boat down both just didn't get it tight enough. So in the end I went with a retraceable style you can buy 2 from Walmart for $15 they have some in the boat area for $24 and they have the same patten # on them so they are the same FYI. In the end the one thing I would say about this part is get a small set. A big set will have the teeth further apart and that may cause you to tighten the thing more than needed and be bad on the transom. (Just my 2 cent)

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1137.2772-L0&search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=retractable%20straps&_tt=Retractable%20strap

FYI the Wicked Wave fits perfect under the observer seat. Hope they both fit may add a kitchen towel so the don't rub once I get the other side in. (See last pic)

IMG_2392_zpsba0fbc84.jpg

IMG_2393_zps18ab18e8.jpg

IMG_2394_zps303cc983.jpg

IMG_2395_zps3b86cd02.jpg

IMG_2396_zps4ae41524.jpg

IMG_2398_zps63cf4509.jpg

Edited by Bradley Thornton

Did you have any issues with lots of wash on the starboard side? I bought both sides because my driver rides goofy. We're having issues getting his side dialed in and needed to get to about 11.5 mph to make it even surf-able vs 10.3 on port. We also had a hard time getting on plane so I'll be adding another 400 to the front.

Once I get dialed in more I'll get my review up. I do like the push it has.

What prop how is it weighted wedge up or down. Have you put both sides on out of the water to make sure nothing looks off on that side. How many times have you tryed that side. If once are you sure it was on right.

1235 prop and we were trying wedge down at the time. Full stock ballast and 750's in the lockers. We had an additional 200 in the front.

Yeah I've put both sides on out of the water when I put them together. We've only tried that side one day so far but it went on and off a few times as we switched. Our lakes are just now getting the no-wakes lifted. If the weather holds, we'll be out wednesday.

The a ability to switch sides so easily is awesome.

I would call and ask Joe what he thinks If I was you I would try a little less weight and see what happens. For me after a certain point weight didn't help at all.

Just got mine. It comes in 2 pieces. I saw the video on their website on screwing the pieces together.

My question:

How did you line yours up before drilling holes in it and screwing it together?

I'm not sure how much of the gate should be above the swim step. And if its not lined up right, then it probably either won't work right or may create spray.

This thread is very interesting... why?

I sent my information as part of the group buy and they said my boat/hull was not supported. The '06 vRide and '06 iRide (my boat) are the exact same hull only the engine is in a different spot. I wonder why they said it wasn't available if you have one.

Very interesting. I might need to try one of these.

Bradley, did you say you have 1100s in the rear lockers? Are you running both full plus all the extra bags? That's a lot of weight for this hull!

I sent my information as part of the group buy and they said my boat/hull was not supported. The '06 vRide and '06 iRide (my boat) are the exact same hull only the engine is in a different spot. I wonder why they said it wasn't available if you have one.

The hulls should be different unless you have the Wake hull.

One of the reasons they are just not sending it out is because Wicked Wake wants to make sure the fit from the V-I is right the first time out. How un-happy would you be if the product didn't fit perfect?

• Like 1

Just got mine. It comes in 2 pieces. I saw the video on their website on screwing the pieces together.

My question:

I'm not sure how much of the gate should be above the swim step. And if its not lined up right, then it probably either won't work right or may create spray.

I got mine from him at his house put together sorry I'm not sure on this.

He used my boat as a templet after the group buy was over Mine was built at his house on the 3rd. Also he may not know that our hulls are the same. I would email him and let him know if I was you.

Very interesting. I might need to try one of these.

Bradley, did you say you have 1100s in the rear lockers? Are you running both full plus all the extra bags? That's a lot of weight for this hull!

Worth every penny the 1100 are full with just a extra 400 sitting in the walk through and 160 up front in lead. Tried more weight but it didn't make it any bigger. Keep in mind the 1100 want fill 100% in that compartment. FYI with that weight the nose NEVER gets close to dipping under the water.

Is the 05-0? V-ride the same hull as the 01-04 VLX?

No, he has asked me for a few pics of mine to compare mine but they are a little different. I do know he was working on a templet for a 02 VLX yesterday.

One of the reasons they are just not sending it out is because Wicked Wake wants to make sure the fit from the V-I is right the first time out. How un-happy would you be if the product didn't fit perfect?

I maybe wrong but I would think the only difference would be the diamond hull and that shouldn't make the templet change. I wouldn't think.

My question:

My hull has a curve on it so the paddle needs to fit along with that curve. I put the bracket on, pushed the paddle to conform with the hull and traced around the bracket onto the paddle with a permanent marker. I then drilled the holes and secured it all together.

If that doesn't make sense, you can ask Joe or send me pictures and I'd be happy to help.

• Like 1

There was no wake/diamond option on the '06 iRide, they should be identical, but I guess I understand

Another change I have noticed by working with Wicked Wake's is platform mounts and locations seem to be a little different. When he set mine up we tried a 99 VLX and it was WAY off because of where/how it attached to the platform.

• Like 1

Another change I have noticed by working with Wicked Wake's is platform mounts and locations seem to be a little different. When he set mine up we tried a 99 VLX and it was WAY off because of where/how it attached to the platform.

Have you got yours in yet? If so what do you think. We are going to have a blast at the WOW next year with them I will have to ride behind your boat and see how it does loving mine.