Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pic of G4 tower!

Ghaynie18

My patients with tn_rider has expired. I will not waste any more brain cells considering his silly back-and-forth posts.

Haha almost made me spill my crown and coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also photoshopped an African American on the transom. Thank goodness, we need more brothers on the lake. <-- this is not a joke

She looks Pakistani American to me.

If you look on page 35 of the Lime Green LSV thread, you can see evidence of a locking mechanism at the tower base.

Ohhhhhh is there? Weird.

Had a good buddy out with us Sunday. He also happens to be the sales manager at local bu dealership. G4 is not a power tower. The locking mechanism is not plastic and there will be a lot of options that dictate the cost of the G4.

Had a good buddy out with us Sunday. He also happens to be the sales manager at local bu dealership. G4 is not a power tower. The locking mechanism is not plastic and there will be a lot of options that dictate the cost of the G4.

post-18128-14072143786897_thumb.jpg

what options? everything is a separate cost. you don't count board racks or lights as part of the tower cost

If you look on page 35 of the Lime Green LSV thread, you can see evidence of a locking mechanism at the tower base.

I'm pretty sure that that is the pic of the new g3s locking mechanism.

Oh let me guess, options are, a 32" display screen, a flag holders, extra beer holders when standing , air horns , more coolers and built in hangers for towels and jackets . Did I miss something

I sure hope it can be trailered like that!

I was talking with Cory @ Evo Covers today about templating out the new 22VLX with a G4 tower. We were discussing whether or not the new tower would fold down in a manner (with all options attached), that would make it advantages for the cover to go over the whole tower, or whether the cover should include boots for use when the tower is up (like current design). Can't wait to see and hear more info about this tower.

Tower base looks like it would create a blindspot.

Doesn't look any bigger than the base of an Illusion X, XS, or even the G3, except the G3 has a hole cut out of it. Are you guys really worried about a blind spot from the tower? You look through the hole in your G3 to see? I'm wondering why this blind spot has come up so many times as a negative for this tower.

Doesn't look any bigger than the base of an Illusion X, XS, or even the G3, except the G3 has a hole cut out of it. Are you guys really worried about a blind spot from the tower? You look through the hole in your G3 to see? I'm wondering why this blind spot has come up so many times as a negative for this tower.

Not worried, I just like to be able to see out and around the boat as much as possible. I'm also a huge fan of the 1 piece windshields that Tige produces for much the same reason.

Lately it looks like a who has the ugliest tower contest. MasterCraft is still in the lead, but the G4 is closing the gap.

Current MB and Nautique (and whoever else uses that Roswell thing from the G) towers are light years uglier than that G4 is.

This tower is growing on me. I think my early concerns have mostly evaporated. A tower that can be towed in stowed position is a BIG positive in my mind. We usually tow to eastern WA a couple times a year and back and forth between our cabin and home a couple times a year. I hate having to clean off the bugs after each tow.

No motors, where manual labor is plenty fine +

Garage clearance +

towing collapsed (cleanliness & fuel savings) +

quick collapse without a tool +

tower lights (fwd & back facing) without speaker shelves or fugly aftermarket options +

fewer surfaces (nooks & crannies) to keep clean vs G3 +

I love the look of chrome, but it takes work to keep clean; keeping G4 clean +

slightly bulky at base -

Still waiting to see the bimini options in detail. I'm not overly enthusiastic about a cargo bimini, unless it is real easy to collapse and stow. Actually, that cargo bimini looks like a spiders best friend. Given we keep our boat on a lift over the water, I think I would come to curse such an elaborate bimini. I can't imagine they won't offer a simpler bimini with just surf pockets.

Edited by Cory

Cory, bimini's are in the works available to order that include rope storage pockets, and even some that will store your boards.... ;)

pb.

Edit : Available, not in the works.

Edit : waiting to see who asks about the fender locks photo.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
ahopkins22LSV

I am just curious to see this tower in person. Everything looks different in person and then it changes again when you see it off the trailer and on the water. I don't mind the look of it right now and I would probably order the G3 if I ordered a boat right now... But I would for sure give this a serious thought because of all of the reason's Cory just mentioned.

Ah ha! Pretty smart actually. I like that.

Also am kind of a fan of the brushed metal finish. I may be with Cory that the tower is growing on me. The stowed position and the easy realeas looks well designed.

Didn't ask about them cause we already knew about them. But, I will ask how do they work? My fender whips are straight lines, no loops on the end. I'm disinclined to tie loops on the end of them cause every tie up situation calls for a slightly different length. Also, I thought they were popup, not pull out.