Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pic of G4 tower!

Ghaynie18

Windshield looks way too small. Tower is looking like a mastercraft setup. That bimini!! ?

It's strange how 'wakesetter' slopes down and then '22 vlx' slopes back up. Maybe it looks straight in the water.

Pic was taken at a gas station by my house. My local malibu dealer is a mile away from me and they have a wake tourny every yr. It's today and they are using this boat as one of the toe boats. I'm in Charlston,TN

• Like 2

Oh yeah.........the speaker shelf is what was wrong with the G3. What was right with the G3 is you could mount any speaker to it with a round 3" clamp.

Love the cargo rack in black. Tower looks cool but not sure about the wide bases. Would have looked better with some machined opening but I am sure the mechanical parts are in the boxed in areas. Reminded me a little of the old carbon blade tower.

I love the new dash and even the fully powder coated tower is cool

But if that is the G4...wow...hideous.

And the Z5 bimini looks like some sort of disassembled shopping cart.

If I re up this year it will be G3 and minus Z5 bimini that is for sure

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 3

Pic was taken at a gas station by my house. My local malibu dealer is a mile away from me and they have a wake tourny every yr. It's today and they are using this boat as one of the toe boats. I'm in Charlston,TN

Yep, I just saw the boat at B&B Marine for the Wakeboard tournament. It never came to teh dock so no cloe up pics guys.

Dealer said it was an R&D 2015 VLX.

As for the Z5 i like it simply becuse one of my friends drags an 8' surfboard with him. If i had the Z5 it would never consume interior space. New surf pockets are also a great idea if you do no tlike the Z5.

Let's fast forward a few years. Will buyers of used 15' boats prefer the G3 over the G4? I bet people will want the latest and greatest. I'm not saying i like or dislike the G4 but that's something to consider. No, people will not get more for the G4 boat but it may be more desirable. Tought call if you're looking to pony up for a 2015 especially since it's allegedly a $3,800 upgrade.

I'm not so negative on this tower as others. I wish the base was a little smaller, but otherwise think it looks nice. Sounds like it has some good functionality too. I want to see and hear more before passing final judgement. The garage clearance issue may override all other concerns for me.