Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Ballast to 06 23LSV

carrera2

Has anyone added additional ballast to the existing MLS system?

I am mainly in need of additional weight in the stern of the boat. My surf wake is horrible.

If anyone has added additional bags, any problems with the weight on the hard tanks?

Did you put in additional switches to fill automatically?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....indpost&p=87348

His boat and your boat are basically the same set up. You may have a Power Wedge though.

I have a 23LSV as well.

For surfing I run:

Wedge down

All ballast full

- Minus the rear locker we are NOT surfing on. I.E. if you're surfing goofy then empty the port locker. Get that opposite side up in the air.

I fill two SL 440Lb fat sacs and put them in the same rear locker that is full. This is too big for the locker, so we ride with the locker door open.

- I don't have the tanks in the floor like you do. So, if I were you - I'd fill the tank first, to give the tank strength, then I'd fill the extra ballast on top of it.

With this set up, even with only 2 other adults in the boat, I get a big enough wake to go ropeless. If you add adults or more ballast you'll only increase the size of your wake.

Good luck, and welcome to the site!