Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Truck Thread.........Silverado/F-150

NCVride

And those two were scooped. I was to busy asking you dimwits' opinions on them here and missed out on them. Ha ha ha

Back to the search.

Not a dodge fan, definitely between ford and chevy. Like the ford power more. Not sure what I'll do. Now that I have a dock and a lift I am a pansy and don't pull the boat a lot. Hmmmmm.

In those years, the interior of the ford is 100 times nicer than the chevy or gmc.....power wise you could get the ecoboost in a 11 ford, you are stuck with mostly the underpowered 5.3 in the chevy....clear winner is ford.

I just rode in the back seat of a King Ranch edition F150 that was 3 or 4 yrs old. It was hardly big enough for adults compared to my Avalanche, and the leather was getting beat up by the dogs & wet kids.... he already had a seat cover on the back because of it. I asked him how it towed & he said the only thing he tows is a 18' horse trailer that is about 7000 lbs loaded, and that it did OK but nothing to write home about.

Im a Chevy fan....

58545452de1a40fc9502c39885084d19.jpg

Had a 06 Silverado, put 250k hard miles on it, beat the crap out of it hauling small skid steers and livestock trailers, some small toy trailers too; then sold it for 8k. Held up well, got decent gas mileage, and one of the smoothest rides in a 1/2 ton class pickup. Only thing IMO that rode as good was the Tundra. Not sure about the newer Ford's, but most my friends that have had F150's that ahuled or towed with them had to put tranny's in them... Personally, I would look diesel, I switched to a diesel, and my truck gets way better MPG than my half ton did, and this is a 4x4 quad cab long bed. I got 20MPG on a round trip from CA to Denver, CO and back... Normally average about 16 towing the boat... Not to mention they last way longer....

Edited by novaman64

I just rode in the back seat of a King Ranch edition F150 that was 3 or 4 yrs old. It was hardly big enough for adults compared to my Avalanche, and the leather was getting beat up by the dogs & wet kids.... he already had a seat cover on the back because of it. I asked him how it towed & he said the only thing he tows is a 18' horse trailer that is about 7000 lbs loaded, and that it did OK but nothing to write home about.

Definitely had to be the older series. The current model which goes back to 2012? has the most room in the back that I have ever seen in a truck, its massive.

I think the Dodge Megacab holds the title for most room.

The one thing that really irks me with newer trucks is the push for HP and therefore they push the peak torque way high in the rpms range. Not a great situation for towing.

The one thing that really irks me with newer trucks is the push for HP and therefore they push the peak torque way high in the rpms range. Not a great situation for towing.

Couldn't agree more, "no replacement for displacement". My truck might make more hp than an 18 wheeler, but nowhere near the torque and wont run 1/4 of the life a big diesel. Same could be said for gas engines now days, I bet the ones pulling heavy loads all the time will never hold up like the old big blocks.

yeah the king ranch interiors require a lot of maintenance because they are saddle leather....and even with proper maintenance they can look very worn down. A 2011-2012 ford interior vs a chevy 1500 interior of the same year from the drivers standpoint is a bit nicer. The old dash and screen etc of the chevy doesn't really compare. I have never been in the back seat of a 1500 series truck...I own the F250 which two grow people could probably sleep in comfortably.