Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Truck Thread.........Silverado/F-150

NCVride

Time for me to upgrade. I have to do it on a budget. I am looking at '10-'11 Silverados and '10-'11 F-150's.

What say The Crew? My last truck which I sold today was an '06 F-150 with the 5.4L. 225K miles.

I am looking at Silverados with the 5.3 and Ford's 5.0.

Seems the Silverados ride a bit better.

Right now I am stuck...both are white.....both have basically identical mileage and pricing

-2010 Z-71 Silverado 4Dr 4WD with all the bells and whistles except Entertainment and Sunroof.

-2011 F-150 4 Dr 4WD cloth, SYNC.

While I realize the Ford would be a year newer, I also see the value in the bells and whistles and resell on the Z71.

HELP!

I vote F-150! Love mine..I have a 2012 with the 5.0...has all the power I need and pulls my boat well ! My Dad would tell you to go with the Chevy, lol.

I vote F-150! Love mine..I have a 2012 with the 5.0...has all the power I need and pulls my boat well ! My Dad would tell you to go with the Chevy, lol.

I would say, Buy a Titan! Oh sorry that was not on the list. Still what I would buy though.

I've got a 2013 Rocky Ridge Silverado. Awesome truck. Absolutely no complaints.

I personally like the fit and finish of the Chevy to the Ford. The Z71 package is awesome. Makes a very noticeable difference to the stock suspension on most trucks.

In those years, the interior of the ford is 100 times nicer than the chevy or gmc.....power wise you could get the ecoboost in a 11 ford, you are stuck with mostly the underpowered 5.3 in the chevy....clear winner is ford.

Body and chassis, Chevy. Drive train, Ford. Oh, you can't do ala carte......

Hmmm... Go with the white one.

Whatever your gut tells you otherwise you won't be happy. Personally, I think the 5.3 is a good engine as long as it isn't towing. The 5.0 is backed by the 6 spd trans? I'd go that route and I really don't like Fords.

I love my Tundra but if I were buying a new truck it would be an F150.

Don't give up on Tundra's yet, the Gen 2 is nice as well. It is a toss up between Tundra and F150 with ecoboost for me though, I just went with whichever I found the best deal on which happened to be the Tundra.

Seriously how is a Dodge not in that mix? More power, more features, far bettter interior (subject to taste) and you can still get one in those years and still have a powertrain warranty unlike any of the others.

Seriously how is a Dodge not in that mix? More power, more features, far bettter interior (subject to taste) and you can still get one in those years and still have a powertrain warranty unlike any of the others.

I agree - but given the choice between the chev and ford - Ford. The warranty isn't really a big deal on the Ram, I've got a lifetime powertrain on my 104,000 mile 2009 and haven't used it yet.

2010 Silverado 5.3 315HP/5200 RPM 335TQ/4000 RPM

2011 F150 5.0 360HP/5500 RPM 380TQ/4250 RPM

2009-2010 Ram 5.7 390HP/5600 RPM 407TQ/4000 RPM

Edited by oldjeep