Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV - Complete pics

Cory

I just think the new dash is too big.. Is this an option or standard? A single screen would have been my preference. Do you see multiple screens in cars these days?

To be fair, most mid-high end do. Many dashes today are a digital screen and there is alway a separate screen for entertainment (apps, stereo, etc).

I can see a need for separation of concerns but putting the stereo in it might defeat my thought process. If you put only critical components in the MTC and were able to make it "more resilient", you could worry less about cross concerns between the two systems. You could also offer better manual overrides easier in separate systems. example: a software update screws up maliview but the overall boat still functions because the MTC is a separate system. Like I said though, that doesn't seem to be the road they are taking.

I saw a well optioned 230 for $103k with the 409 engine last weekend. Malibu is creeping in to Nautique territory which creates competition and when that happens consumers win.

Agree, lots of good choices for consumers now. My dealer told me that he is going to sticker his new SE Supra (well optioned with 440hp 6.2) for 106K.

Agree, lots of good choices for consumers now. My dealer told me that he is going to sticker his new SE Supra (well optioned with 440hp 6.2) for 106K.

Unfortunately, that pool of consumers is getting smaller thanks to the higher prices.

I am waiting on the choices in the 50k range for my next one. In my opinion, I think it is COMPLETE AND TOTAL BS for a tow boat to be anywhere near 100k. its a fiberglass tub with vinyl seats, an engine, some trim tabs, and a stereo. My new truck has more systems (transmission, AC, many more electronics, leather, steel frame, suspension, etc....) in it than a boat and it was around 50k.

/rant over....

• Like 3

Unfortunately, that pool of consumers is getting smaller thanks to the higher prices.

I am waiting on the choices in the 50k range for my next one. In my opinion, I think it is COMPLETE AND TOTAL BS for a tow boat to be anywhere near 100k. its a fiberglass tub with vinyl seats, an engine, some trim tabs, and a stereo. My new truck has more systems (transmission, AC, many more electronics, leather, steel frame, suspension, etc....) in it than a boat and it was around 50k.

/rant over....

Agreed on high prices and the average consumer, but. You can't compare hand built boats that they sell hundreds of to mass produced trucks that they sell tens of thousands of. There are scales of economy to mass production that you'll never get building a relatively small bunch of boats a year.

• Like 2

/rant over....

Couldn't agree more. The pricing on these boats is beyond out of control for what you get. I'll stick with my vRide that we paid $42k out the door for brand new back in 2007.

The phone holder is silly IMO. I like the dash but then again I have an 05. I think the boat looks sick, even the rims. If ya'll don't want it pay half and Ill take it. I do agree the chrome accents on the tower looked better.

The phone holder was the feature that I liked the best in that new dash;) Steering wheel looks decent, but I think I like the previous one better just because it blocks even less screen.

• Like 2
This is a nice boat! Is it enough of a change for the guys that bought the 14's to upgrade? The moment my wife saw the dash she said " I'm not thrilled with it ". She thinks my current VLX dash flows better and look nicer with the chrone trim. She kind of has an eye for that stuff. I do enjoy the contrast with the chrome and the different colors on the previous G3. The new Metallic yellow is cool. How about that BIMINI....no longer a piece of chit! The interior of this boat reminds me of Axis. It just seem soooo bland to me.

QUESTION...So this LSV is now in the same class as the Nautique 230 in price, functionality, looks, interior, and build quality....?

I like this boat. The dash seems to be very innovative. I just tend to compare every boat to Nautique now a days. It may be true that Malibu has reached Nautique prices..

Let's not forget... In 2014 the 230 is $10k more than an LSV on the imvoice. That is a fact confirmed by a dealer who sells BOTH boats.

I suspect the same will be true in 2015 after they both add the standard yearly increase.

Wow, love the functionality of the new dash. Notice the gauge layout, looks great. I think they could of trimmed the center screen in billet to make everything consistent. A nice upgrade from last year's dash.

The new tower, possibly it might be optioned to be powder coated? I'm sure you can still order the traditional G3 with stainless hoops. Although, I like the blacked out look on that boat.

Comparing the lsv to 230? I would take this lsv all day over the 230 even if price were dead even. The 230 wakeboard wake is way too sensitive and hard to dial in unless you ride at 24 mph. Hands down lsv is cleaner at lower speeds and more user friendly. Plenty of issues with 230 wake washing out on multiple forums. After all the final test should be 75' behind the boat!

Still would like to see the new single actuator wedge design up close and if they are now using Murphy or Medallion electronics?

We need to stop buying new boats for a few years to drive down these insane prices. Price increases seem out of line. They try to justify it by saying our old stuff doesn't depreciate much. I love these new boats, but it seems like the attention to detail and quality goes down as price goes up. My question is "what is the performance of the electronic dash going to be like 7-10 years down the road?"I know software can get updated, but like any computer the older it gets the software updates don't run well because the hardware is designed for the older system. Will this start to hinder the long term quality of boat brands. I think manufacturers are going for the quick buck to please investors.

• Like 2

People have been wanting / demanding rear facing seats (not just seat backs that prop up) and seat HEIGHT adjustments. Nautique and MC are doing it - why can't Malibu get their act together on this?

Boat pricing has been and continues to be out of control.

We need to stop buying new boats for a few years to drive down these insane prices. Price increases seem out of line. They try to justify it by saying our old stuff doesn't depreciate much. I love these new boats, but it seems like the attention to detail and quality goes down as price goes up. My question is "what is the performance of the electronic dash going to be like 7-10 years down the road?"I know software can get updated, but like any computer the older it gets the software updates don't run well because the hardware is designed for the older system. Will this start to hinder the long term quality of boat brands. I think manufacturers are going for the quick buck to please investors.

Why do "we" need stop buying new boats? If you're happy with your 2007, thats fine, no one is making you buy a new boat. Like all American business, including for Malibu, Correct Craft, MC, everyone operates to make money, NOT to make us happy. Malibu doesn't even come close to leading the pack in prices and in many ways, given what Malibu has offerred simultaneously or first with regard to brand new tech and improvements, that's pretty amazing. Malibu, like everyone else, feels that they have their sweet spot for pricing, marketshare, and product. If people are buying them, sure, investors are happy, but that's not an ulterior motive if people say the boat is worth 100+ with their wollett and the factory can't make them any faster.

• Like 2

People have been wanting / demanding rear facing seats (not just seat backs that prop up) and seat HEIGHT adjustments. Nautique and MC are doing it - why can't Malibu get their act together on this?

Boat pricing has been and continues to be out of control.

Seat height used to be offerred. My guess is take rate was low. But, has anyone concluded its not available?

Why do "we" need stop buying new boats? If you're happy with your 2007, thats fine, no one is making you buy a new boat. Like all American business, including for Malibu, Correct Craft, MC, everyone operates to make money, NOT to make us happy. Malibu doesn't even come close to leading the pack in prices and in many ways, given what Malibu has offerred simultaneously or first with regard to brand new tech and improvements, that's pretty amazing. Malibu, like everyone else, feels that they have their sweet spot for pricing, marketshare, and product. If people are buying them, sure, investors are happy, but that's not an ulterior motive if people say the boat is worth 100+ with their wollett and the factory can't make them any faster.

Awesome Statement Ocho! Capitalism is a b****, but its the only way!

Great looking boat! Still no seat height adjustment and I wont be buying a boat that doesn't have rocker switches.

Is that because you perceive the switches are more reliable or because you just like that particular interface better?

Yeah, cuz that's gonna happen.

While we're at it let's all boycott gas stations... but only on Tuesdays. Nobody buy gas on Tuesdays! That outta send them a message.

Is that because you perceive the switches are more reliable or because you just like that particular interface better?

Reliability. And replacement cost. Maliview is coming up on 5yrs old. Let see what happens when they start to fail and Malibu is the only place to get parts.

Seat height used to be offerred. My guess is take rate was low. But, has anyone concluded its not available?

What year was it ever available (other than the flip up bolster)?

Reliability. And replacement cost. Maliview is coming up on 5yrs old. Let see what happens when they start to fail and Malibu is the only place to get parts.

Good luck with that.... what new wakeboats still use carling rockers? Not even Axis AFAIK....