Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV - Complete pics

Cory

You gotta admit, the supra nautique cam lock system is the bomb. That tower is super user friendly.

Yeah... it's probably my favorite feature on those boats. The garage blocks are great too... they allow the tower to drop to different heights w/out resting on the dash. I really like the Supra bimini too (not the Z5). I deploys in about 5 seconds, and that's not a joke.

"The tower knobs are a good thing; I like that they are more camouflage than Supra or Nautique's (which both stick way out and have big bright stickers on them)"

IXFE, are you saying you do see cam levers on the tower, instead of the old knobs? I can't really make out anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what I'm saying. But you gotta look hard. They are hard to see, which is why I said they were "camouflage."

They looks so slim I wonder how they work... it can't be the same mechanism as the Supra/Nautique system, which works great. I kind of expected the G3.2 to require a new base for this, but even that looks the same.

15_zps80aec7da.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if a metal trim around the center screens rolls out mid-model year.

that dash would look better if it was two tone, which I assume is still an option.

Edited by IXFE
those don't look like any wetsounds tower speaker I've ever seen.

If you look at the other thread they are a malibu can, so if be willing to bet they did their own grill as well. I wonder why they don't just do a full WS system in the boat.

I miss the SS/chrome tubes on the tower.

I agree... Honestly, that tower doesn't look any nicer than the Axis tower now.

The chrome gave it a two-tone look that just provided an extra dimension. I'm not really surprised though the way people like to "murder" everything out these day.

• Like 2

You know what's funny about all this...

I remember vividly when the G3 tower came out. This forum almost melted down. Nobody like it. The principle complaint was that it didn't follow the angle of the windshield like the Illusion X did (G3 too vertical). Fast forward and the G3 is almost universally loved.

The point is... none of this stuff is a deal breaker. We're splitting hairs and I'm sure I'll be happy with this stuff when I own it some day. :whistle:

• Like 3

You know what's funny about all this...

I remember vividly when the G3 tower came out. This forum almost melted down. Nobody like it. The principle complaint was that it didn't follow the angle of the windshield like the Illusion X did (G3 too vertical). Fast forward and the G3 is almost universally loved.

The point is... none of this stuff is a deal breaker. We're splitting hairs and I'm sure I'll be happy with this stuff when I own it some day. :whistle:

Soooo true!! I didn't like the G3 tower when it came out either. But now I really really like it. Just gotta get used to change I guess

Wow. Their pricing me out for sure.

The dash is ridiculous.

RockStar wheels?

The tower has to be HOT in the sun.

Pretty sure any TMC member will come up with a better scheme.

Thinking about IXFE's statements about the phone holder, I think I might agree. The one time I left my phone in the sun on the boat it overheated and shut off. I'm concerned the phone holder may not work on hot sunny days due to overheating.

Thinking about IXFE's statements about the phone holder, I think I might agree. The one time I left my phone in the sun on the boat it overheated and shut off. I'm concerned the phone holder may not work on hot sunny days due to overheating.

<br /><br />I've had my phone overheat and shut off while it was in the glove box, I can't imagine it being in the sun like that.

I don't think with the bimini the phone holder will be bad at all, it was actually one of the only things I liked in the dash....until phones keep getting bigger and bigger...and then none of them will fit.

Overall, the boat looks sick IMO.

I personally love it.

Nothing that makes me wish I waited another year but some cool minor improvements here and there. I am interested to see what other manufacturers have done in this ARMS RACE

Gadgets, trinkets and more gadgets!!!

I just think the new dash is too big.. Is this an option or standard? A single screen would have been my preference. Do you see multiple screens in cars these days?

This is a nice boat! Is it enough of a change for the guys that bought the 14's to upgrade? The moment my wife saw the dash she said " I'm not thrilled with it ". She thinks my current VLX dash flows better and look nicer with the chrone trim. She kind of has an eye for that stuff. I do enjoy the contrast with the chrome and the different colors on the previous G3. The new Metallic yellow is cool. How about that BIMINI....no longer a piece of chit! The interior of this boat reminds me of Axis. It just seem soooo bland to me.

QUESTION...So this LSV is now in the same class as the Nautique 230 in price, functionality, looks, interior, and build quality....?

I like this boat. The dash seems to be very innovative. I just tend to compare every boat to Nautique now a days. It may be true that Malibu has reached Nautique prices..

I saw a well optioned 230 for $103k with the 409 engine last weekend. Malibu is creeping in to Nautique territory which creates competition and when that happens consumers win.