Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV - Complete pics

Cory

4 x wet sounds hlcds. Nice! I like the new dash, looks sexy. Wheels on the trailer are hideous. Love everything else. Go Malibu!

Edited by boardjnky4

This is a nice boat! Is it enough of a change for the guys that bought the 14's to upgrade? The moment my wife saw the dash she said " I'm not thrilled with it ". She thinks my current VLX dash flows better and look nicer with the chrone trim. She kind of has an eye for that stuff. I do enjoy the contrast with the chrome and the different colors on the previous G3. The new Metallic yellow is cool. How about that BIMINI....no longer a piece of chit! The interior of this boat reminds me of Axis. It just seem soooo bland to me.

QUESTION...So this LSV is now in the same class as the Nautique 230 in price, functionality, looks, interior, and build quality....?

I like this boat. The dash seems to be very innovative. I just tend to compare every boat to Nautique now a days. It may be true that Malibu has reached Nautique prices..

Edited by Afun

Good looking boat. I like the colors and I was surprised that the interior had no yellow. I have not seen the new dash before these pictures. Thumbs up and congrats, enjoy!!

I like the big screen but it makes no sense it doesn't have the brushed aluminum trim to match the MTC and left controls. Not a fan of the color scheme.

My take (based on pics only)

• I bet that boat is EXPENSIVE!
  • Black flake is sick.
  • I believe that's yellow flake too... probably something Afun will soon be posting about weekly. ;)
  • The wheels are over the top, but no more outrageous than the crazy designs I see on G's these days.
  • The new G3 tower looks terrible now that it's all black. In the pics it makes the entire tower look plastic. I don't understand blacking out the chrome accent unless the plan was to black out the rest of the chrome accents on the boat, which they did not.
  • The new tower levers are a good thing (in lieu of the allen bolts or knobs); I like that they are more camouflage than Supra or Nautique's (which both stick way out and have big bright stickers on them)
  • The phone holder seems gimmicky to me. Why do I need a phone holder? The side pocket works just fine. Also, that tiny thing won't hold my phone (Galaxy Note 2). The trend in phones is bigger; even the iPhone is going big. The way I see it, your phone either won't fit, or it will fit but will rattle around in there. This is just another thing on my dash that won't get used.
  • The steering wheel is an improvement over the current LSV wheel, but it looks like they copied Supra.
  • And I don't like the dash either. Why do we still have two screens. If you are starting from scratch, go with one screen. I also don't think it looks particularly good. There's no flow to it. However, it might be an improvement in functionality. I hope the user experience is good and the touch screen doesn't require one to mash their finger on an icon to get it to respond.
Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

What wetsounds tower speakers are these? Looks like they are mounting them on same style shelfs that the Titan 6x9 cans used instead of wetsounds g3 brackets

Edited by wheelman

Very valid point and I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they wanted to keep boat function operations still on the MTC then the rest of the functions on the main screen. I could be completely wrong though since it appears you can fill/empty ballast on the main screen.

Probably to appease the large majority of people bitching and moaning about having an analoug display always active. This seems to fix that..........except for it being digital.

$105k?????

I say it's more...

That entire boat is covered in flake (black & yellow). That's big time upgrade money. You get to pay extra for the colored topdeck and hull too. I bet that's $7k in gel coat alone.

The wheels are $2k, the two-tone trailer with rear steps and black diamond plate??

Also quad racks, deckedance flooring, WS tower speakers (2 pair), etc. etc.

Also there's an LS3 motor in there... so that's $10k.

And before I forget, you have to factor in the standard year-over-year price increase.

that boat is pushing $120k (my guess)

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

120 seems high for any malibu. Not saying that's not the price. I just don't see it when comparing prices from some other manufacturers who have a nicer fit n finish

• Like 1

What wetsounds tower speakers are these? Looks like they are mounting them on same style shelfs that the Titan 6x9 cans used instead of wetsounds g3 brackets

They don't look big enough to be Rev 10's. Maybe Rev 8's? You don't think Malibu would have cheesed out and given us Icon's, do you?

If those are the old shelves, that's bad news. Those are terrible, especially considering we have better options. The shelves alone would keep me from ordering the factory speakers.

120 seems high for any malibu. Not saying that's not the price. I just don't see it when comparing prices from some other manufacturers who have a nicer fit n finish

well, before you run too far with that number, keep in mind that I'm just totally guessing, and my guess is based on all the options on the boat. it's not often you see a boat entirely covered in flake. that boat has every options checked. not really fare to hold it up as your garden variety '15 LSV.

"The tower knobs are a good thing; I like that they are more camouflage than Supra or Nautique's (which both stick way out and have big bright stickers on them)"

IXFE, are you saying you do see cam levers on the tower, instead of the old knobs? I can't really make out anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope those knobs work better and stay tighter than the pins did on the illusion tower. My buddies tower just bounces with those things. Just seems unsafe

I guess that's one benefit to the knobs we have today... tighten them down and the tower is rock solid... would be a shame if they lost that. I'll give Malibu the benefit of the doubt on this one; I bet the new one is solid.