Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 V ride surf wave dialed!

wakesetter8796

Finally have a good wave. I don't have many pics, but it's good! Here's the setup
750 full rear locker
500 lbs factory center
200 lbs lead front
100 lbs lead under side seats on left side
NO wedge

11.6 mph
400 lbs people weight, 700 for some of the pics post-17458-14052832753515_thumb.jpg

Edited by wakesetter8796

Rub rail is in the water, gets better with more people, plenty of push. Not as big as some of you guys waves but hey, works for us!

Needs more weight. Yesterday I had ours the best it has been:

- 1100 bag in port locker, probably fills to 900lbs. If your 750 is a Fly High, it doesn't fill to 750.

- About 400lbs under port seat

- 500 in ski locker tank

- 300lbs bow ballast

- 150 lead port side bow

- 100lb driver, though left 50lb lead bag next to her

- 400lbs port side passengers

- Floating wedge

Rub rail underwater while underway, just above sitting still. Had to actually slow it down to 10.7 to get the wave where I wanted it.

• Like 1

I'm alright for now, can do everything I want to behind it. Floating wedge for some reason made it really bad. Plus we can't use it anymore since the FAE has repositioned itself too much.

Do you get a lot of water in the surf side locker in your Vride? Our 08 Vride always ended up with a wet locker and a couple gallons of water in the bilge after each surf session. I think it came in at the piano hinge.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs more weight. Yesterday I had ours the best it has been:- 1100 bag in port locker, probably fills to 900lbs. If your 750 is a Fly High, it doesn't fill to 750.- About 400lbs under port seat- 500 in ski locker tank- 300lbs bow ballast- 150 lead port side bow- 100lb driver, though left 50lb lead bag next to her- 400lbs port side passengers- Floating wedgeRub rail underwater while underway, just above sitting still. Had to actually slow it down to 10.7 to get the wave where I wanted it.

Take any video?