Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Punched" or "Stamped" Moonbeam vinyl needed!

Hello Crew,

After dozens of trips to local upholstery shops and ordering vinyl samples online, I've had no luck finding a match! I want to replace 2 portions on my 2003 VLX. I called Malibu and Chee (both are sold out). There is none left out there (likely because of it's age...) unless somebody has some stocked away somewhere. I cannot pull the trigger on reupholstering the entire boat for the 2 cushions with tears in them. Does anyone out there have 1-3 yards (maybe less) of this vinyl that they are willing to sell me? I appreciate the help and/or suggestions! Thanks

0c0fc363-2fae-4bbc-aeb1-fc6336e5148c_zps

I had the same dilemma last year on my rear seat bottom cushion, but the seam at the piping had become so ripped that I had to do something. Chee made me a skin that is clearly different material (probably from '04 or '05). While I'm not wild about the fact that the texture isn't a perfect match, the color is a great match, and it looks just fine. Certainly better than the horrible tear I had.

My wife just pointed out that the observer seat bottom cushion is starting to show wear at the piping too. Don't really want to have do this one cushion at a time, but the rest of the vinyl is in such great shape, that I'm really not interested in the expense or the effort at this time.

FWIW - the new vinyl seems much more durable than the punched vinyl in our '03s.