Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis Tower change.

pook77

Have you taken ownership? Maybe not...

I've had the boat for about 3 weeks now. Had them do the 20 hour on Saturday. I had one issue and they jumped right on it. My plug n play bags will fill to a certain point then water would start flowing out the drain line or vent on the side of the boat. We felt this was due to the bags filling higher then the ballast line leads ever got. We rerouted the lines in the back of the locker so they loop up high, touch the top of the locker, and then lead to the thru hull on the side. Problem solved. My sales guy fixed it. It is kind off a bad design. The thru hulls are at the back of the locker on most Axis. With Malibu they're near the front of the locker which should help prevent the bag getting higher then the ballast lines. The lines used to come below the blower line. You should be able to see it in the picture.

3256D5EE-1327-46A5-BFF1-702134784D04_zps

Anyway, This is our first new boat buying experience and we've been very satisfied. So satisfied that we just sent our sales guy a wedding present for his wedding Saturday. :)

Edited by teamerickson

Any speculation on surfgate changes between 2014-2015? And I have been hearing that the t22 might be the best of the surfgate boats, is that what you guys are pulling from the forums?

The 2015 A22 is set for a hull redesign this year which will include many of the same running surface features of the T22, so I would say that 2015 A22 surf wave will likely be nearly the same as the T22.

The 2015 A22 is set for a hull redesign this year which will include many of the same running surface features of the T22, so I would say that 2015 A22 surf wave will likely be nearly the same as the T22.

Which is Aweeesome!

I am excited to give the T22 a try. To date I haven't ridden a surfgate boat that I liked but I really hope my mind is changed on sunday. I want to like surfgate but so far I can't. So be ready for an honest review of how it directly compares to a properly weighted listed boat. :)

I am excited to give the T22 a try. To date I haven't ridden a surfgate boat that I liked but I really hope my mind is changed on sunday. I want to like surfgate but so far I can't. So be ready for an honest review of how it directly compares to a properly weighted listed boat. :)

Keep in mind that it's your review and your opinion, not ours.

Edited by AJWest

Very excited to hear your review too. Please confirm whether it's PCM powered, whether it has the gear reduction tranny and what prop it's using. Also if conditions permit I'd love to hear about top speed. Assuming that this is a 350-equipped boat?

This sounds like super preemptive butt hurt. What if Ruff errrrr Lance has something good to say?

Never butt hurt over someone's opinion on a boat, car, truck, etc. Everyone has a right to their opinion...I was just stating that.

The new tower is a major improvement in the looks department I think. Maybe enough that I would consider one for my next boat? Not sure yet but I do get to ride behind a 2014 on Sunday.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the tower yet. Maybe it's because I just got a 2014 3 weeks ago? The only year the T22 had the old tower. It will be a collectors item. Like the old Titan towers. ;)

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 3

Keep in mind that it's your review and your opinion, not ours.

Im not sure how else you would take it. How would I even word that to make it sound like it was you opinion? :lol: No worries. If it doesn't work for me then that's what you'll hear. The whole SG/ listed debate is old news. I did want you guys to know that I want it to work.

Btw- the guy that invited me out is my ex student. I'm just kinda proud that he thought enough of me to invite me out on his new boat with his new family. I'm glad to see he's doing so well.

Shawn- I will take pictures of the drivetrain and hopefully answer your questions. I do know that he said over text that his only disappointment was that he should have chosen a different prop. I'm guessing he has a 537 based on that statement but I'll try to confirm.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • 6 months later...

I think I like the new tower better. Got my hands on some at the Sacramento boat show. Looks very sturdy. It should be a lot easier to collapse.

I have gone back and forth on this for months...

I like the new tower makes the boat feel larger and more open. At least at the boat show it did. We will see at the end of April when we get on the water.

Edited by RobSMalibu