Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis Tower change.

pook77

Axis starting to compete with malibu too much after axis got surf gate?

It was also mentioned in axis forum that the chilax seat is gone. I guess we will probably see a cheaper axis this year with prices same as last year.

Just like every other tower thread over the years. No one likes the photos. Hold your opinion until you see/use it. It's pretty nice, and there is no illusion of being a "lesser" tower.

Peter

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

I agree with Peter that phot does nothing for it. The axis line has very hard lines and you can't see them in that picture. I'm willing to bet it looks a lot better with looking at it with the whole boat.

That thing looks like it's going to be a wobbly mess! But it also appears that it just might be a tiny bit easier to put up and down. That old tower was a mess putting up and down. I don't thing it looks that bad. Perhaps a DIY plasti dip project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is that?

I don't have a photo of mine but these two cushions outlined in red fold up to create a back rest for bow area and rear facing seat in main area. It does not seem like a big deal but mine are almost always up and being used. Without a center divider I always flip them up when towing so my seat cushions don't blow away.

chill.jpg

Edited by vanamp
Wetsounds going to be the standard for Axis boats?? Looks to be a factory option

It already was for 2014.

If the tower is solid I like it. No frills and rearward arching.

Axis starting to compete with malibu too much after axis got surf gate?It was also mentioned in axis forum that the chilax seat is gone. I guess we will probably see a cheaper axis this year with prices same as last year.

I have driven both and been in both....I say competition does not really come close. I do wonder what the numbers are. The tower with all the hard lines on the on the Axis hulls will look OK, but its no G3.

I don't have a photo of mine but these two cushions outlined in red fold up to create a back rest for bow area and rear facing seat in main area. It does not seem like a big deal but mine are almost always up and being used. Without a center divider I always flip them up when towing so my seat cushions don't blow away.

Thanks.

I think Moomba has had that for a while in at least their Mobius.

I posted this in the new lsv thread... guess it goes better here... sorry didn't see this one.

I like it. I like the old style better, but this looks decent.

post-24604-0-68334500-1405704967_thumb.j

Told y'all it would look better once you could see the big picture of the tower on the boat.

The only think I dont like about it is the top part of the uprights where the side supports just end abruptly.

The only think I dont like about it is the top part of the uprights where the side supports just end abruptly.

That and the open/unfinished tube ends at the pivot joint. There have been more cosmetically pleasing options for that for years.

Would seriously consider coating the windshield end pieces to match the tower if I had one that wasn't black.

Ya, I would love to have a white windshield surround. I am tempted to try to plastidip it this winter, but my kids keep me pretty busy so there is a good chance it will still be black next summer :lol: