Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiing the Murray River

GreenMan

It used to be Summer here in Australia...

Was just reminiscing with some footage from my Christmas present GoPro - thought I'd try my first YouTube upload.

Gotta love hearing that Monsoon 340 burbling up the River. :)

Thanks to Squeak and Harty for crewing the boat.

Edited by GreenMan
  • Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

Nice!! Glass for miles or kilometers :crazy:

If I could make one small suggestion it would be to try flipping your grip. Looks like you are left foot forward. Try left hand palm down and right hand palm up. Might feel weird at first.

If I could make one small suggestion it would be to try flipping your grip. Looks like you are left foot forward. Try left hand palm down and right hand palm up. Might feel weird at first.

Thanks, Hoppy.

Interesting suggestion - I recall some years ago looking into this and discussing with some comp skiers I know and working out that I was doing it 'wrong'. Had a couple of goes at changing but, yes, it felt too weird! Maybe I'm just too old and just a hack skier and too stubborn to change - then again, if I think about it next season, maybe I'll try and force the change.

Appreciate the advice. :)

Regards, Stephen.

Oh yeah, re the 'glass for miles' - I noticed that when I got back in the boat I was actually complaining that some of the water was recalcitrant enough to have so much as a ripple on it. Bloody hard to please...! :Doh:

Good skiing green man. But bloody hell you've just shown the world our little piece of paradise. Now everyone is going to want to come. Thank goodness there's only two and a half thousand Kilometres to share....

Good skiing green man. But bloody hell you've just shown the world our little piece of paradise. Now everyone is going to want to come. Thank goodness there's only two and a half thousand Kilometres to share....

I can assure you, I was a little apprehensive about posting it for that very reason!

Should put some up of peak season when it's like the inside of a washing machine for about six weeks...

As I sit here in my office waiting for the long weekend to come this video is teasing me! this weekend cannot come fast enough! Thanks for the Vid Green Man.

As I sit here in my office waiting for the long weekend to come this video is teasing me! this weekend cannot come fast enough! Thanks for the Vid Green Man.

Only a matter of days? I have to wait until January!

That's a cracking avatar you have. :)

Only a matter of days? I have to wait until January!

That's a cracking avatar you have. :)

I will make sure to send you a video half way thru to keep the spirits up! The wife is a bit of a photography nut, she loves to get sunset pics in the boat.

Stephen,

I never did get a chance to ski the Murray but that looks good. I did get in some skiing at Hazlewood Ponds a few years ago with my son's Uni ski team and that was quite interesting in the middle of a Victorian winter! I also made it to Sale (Esso Longford) many times and always enjoyed at overnight in Sale.