Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seadek faux teak ... what's the verdict?

Carpet is horrible and the Bu' variety looks like hell after 30 hours. Deckadence is better but the example I saw didn't fit the interior well (dimensions seemed off), and doesn't really go well with the carpet on the LSV/VLX.

Been lusting over the Nauteak option... it looks good, feels good, is easy to maintain, and looks to hold up well even after many hours.

What do you all think of ordering a new Bu' with the Seadek teak? Any idea of Malibu will ever offer as a factory option? As far as I know Nautique is the only one, maybe they have an exclusive factory deal with Seadek?

photo-2-1024x768.jpg

photo-1-1024x768.jpg

894544_10152434828924636_387026371688886

10258387_10152434828734636_7401165750973

Edited by pkh
  • Like 3

Dekadence is nice but I am a fan of the sea Deck material. It's easy on the feet, looks great and ought to last several years. Sea Deck is used on the swim platform so I would not think Nautique has the exclusive on it. Yes, i think it out to be an option when ordering the boat.

Edited by JoeA

It seems to be holding up really well in my friends G. He got that boat late in 2012, and it still looks good after 2 years and 600hrs of use.

It does get stinky and moldy if it doesn't get dried in the sun frequently. He had to scrub it with color safe mold killer a few times, but it stays mold free under most conditions. It seems early season is the time that it will mold.

He also had some of it peel up/come unglued. His dealer replaced those sections and has been good ever since.

Overall pretty great stuff.

I am liking the idea of this. Thtrog that looks so good. I have deckadence and love the material and the fact that it's always pretty dry (water runs right through) and the feel on bare feet is great but come on Malibu, your cad designers have to be able to get the fit better. Way to expensive for such a horrible fit.

Sent into space with tapatalk

my friends G. He got that boat late in 2012, and it still looks good after 2 years and 600hrs of use.

Holy Hours Bat Man!

That guy must have a money tree in his yard or, rob banks on the weekends to pay for the gas!

• Like 1

Holy Hours Bat Man!

That guy must have a money tree in his yard or, rob banks on the weekends to pay for the gas!

He does security and traffic management for movie productions in NYC. He is also a big "program" rider. If the water is above 45 degrees, they are out riding every day. On the lake from 5:30am to 8ish every day, and back out in the evening on his days off.

I wonder if the diamond texture on the wettek floor will lead to peel-up problems? Is removing this stuff to replace a section real tough? Or, do you just use a heat gun and it lifts up easy?

Mmmm. I want this so bad! That grey would look killer in my boat. I'll wait till the carpet gets beat up, but if in a couple seasons I'm not looking to trade boats this is going in.

How much does it run for the retro-fit kit?

I've had glued in carpet, snap-out carpet, Aqua Fusion mat, and Deckadence before the SeaDek. Time will tell about the durability and other questions that everyone has, but I agree with Ryan...spend just one day on the water with the faux teak and you will be converted. The 10 piece kit is in the $1200 range, but you can buy order the pieces you want...I doubt the main cabin would be more than replacement factory carpet. If they don't have your pattern you will have to template it and there's info about that on the web site. www.seadek.com

1423LSV_zps907e4b28.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I wonder if the diamond texture on the wettek floor will lead to peel-up problems? Is removing this stuff to replace a section real tough? Or, do you just use a heat gun and it lifts up easy?

Any more feed back on this? Lining everything up for an upgrade next year. I asked my dealer if they had done any, they had not. They did bring up the same thing as Cory, but did not have any experience to comment.

thtrog,

Did Seadek give you a break on the price? I inquired about it. They actually sent me your templet, logos and all, with a much higher price than you mentioned. With out the custom logos, it did come down a little.

107 hours and my WS carpet looks as good as the day I bought it....why has your carpet been ruined so quickly!

250 hours and mine still looks good too. I have no reason to replace or complain yet. I hose it down a couple times a year. I also wonder how others carpets get so beat up.

250 hours and mine still looks good too. I have no reason to replace or complain yet. I hose it down a couple times a year. I also wonder how others carpets get so beat up.

I will have 900 hours on my boat before this season ends and my carpet looks new.. I've only vacuumed it twice. I guess my boat Nazi rules help!

Just redid the flooring on boat this year with the SeaDek faux teak. I considered all the options, but SeaDek won due to cost and comfort. Several reviews said the other stuffs gets much hotter than SeaDek.

That being said, be prepared to wait a loooooooooong time to get your floor (or whatever your covering) done. Mine took almost 6 months and an email to every exec I could find on Linked In.

Here's my floor-14810941963_253714aeef_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on my quest for faux teak fabulousness:

I got test fit templates from SeaDek. They all fit flawlessly with the exception of the passenger side storage compartment (ahead of batteries.) There is a tube for the vent above that was a bit in the way. Rather than worry about it I am just going to cut the SeaDek to fit since this is in an area that you really won't notice.

Also the table hole needs to be deleted from the '14 design as the table now attaches to the side. SeaDek is working on an updated CAD and should have something for me in a couple of weeks. Good news is this would also go on file so anyone else could use the same template.

One big bummer is apparently Malibu requested SeaDek to stop using their logo in designs, so I can't have Malibu logo on swim platform like below.

photo-2-1024x768.jpg