Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newer Malibu seat riser

oldjeep

Just got a picture of the prototype that TMS is building for the newer Malibu boats. Should have it in another week or so - powder coater is behind. The door will have a couple spring detents holding it shut. Can't wait to get the final product. He said he built 2 of them and once I verify the fit that the other will be up on ebay and then he'll make some more.

Should work for 2011 and up - mine is a 2012

post-22501-0-64155600-1402585860_thumb.j

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this Bolster Seat option on Bakes. I have a 2012 21 V-Ride can the drivers seat be upgraded to accept this bolster seat hinge kit?

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1534

Your seat doesn't have a flip up bolster? I didn't even know that was optional on a Malibu. If not then I doubt that you could easily add it unless they actually made your seat cushion in 2 pieces but without the hinges.

Have a picture of your seat?

Edited by oldjeep

I will have to check it out tonight to see if cushion is single piece. I don't currently have a flip up bolster seat and the throw cushions I am currently using annoy me after a couple of hours on the water.

I will have to check it out tonight to see if cushion is single piece. I don't currently have a flip up bolster seat and the throw cushions I am currently using annoy me after a couple of hours on the water.

Sitting on the bolster will annoy you just as much.

Especially on the newer boats where the foam is not as thick or comfortable

And the rise is only 4" pre-foam crushing... I have had good bolsters before that work/are comfy/have 9" rise which is needed. Malibu's are not one them. Great job on the riser! I built one last year myself or would buy one of these.

Great job on the riser! I built one last year myself or would buy one of these.

I take no credit for the riser, all I did was provide Jared (TMS Billet Parts) with the mounting dimensions. The rest was all his idea, and he did do a great job.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I also purchased and installed the anodized aluminum seat lift that "Chief" referenced. The installation was pretty straight forward. The only thing I did differently was to turn the 4" box around so the "Malibu" logo did not show. This positioned the trap door to the front and did away with the logo which I felt made it a little cleaner. Turning the box did not hinder the installation and required no modifications. If you install one of these boxes remove the top plate during the installation to get better acces of the rear allen head screws.

I have not put the boat in the water yet but it appears to be a good height for my boat (2013, VLX w/Surfgate).

Are these still available? ebay site seems to have 'expired'.

What I'd like to find is something much simpler / cheaper / with a 1.5"rise. Like a kit comprising a pair of 1.5" high aluminum box rails, pre-drilled, 4 x long bolts, etc. Anyone seen something like that?

(I know I if i was a real TMC man I should be able to fabricate my own!)

Are these still available? ebay site seems to have 'expired'.

What I'd like to find is something much simpler / cheaper / with a 1.5"rise. Like a kit comprising a pair of 1.5" high aluminum box rails, pre-drilled, 4 x long bolts, etc. Anyone seen something like that?

(I know I if i was a real TMC man I should be able to fabricate my own!)

He has one for sale here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Boat-Driver-seat-lift-for-2011-and-up-Gives-the-drivers-seat-a-4-lift/171497471985?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D26943%26meid%3D22c29b7e5af841e1b1e83e6f046cee50%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11184%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D181553202863

Look at post #10 here for a home made shorter version that Dalt1 built

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49226-seat-riser/?hl=%2Bseat+%2Briser