Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Through-hull quick disconnect for tower speakers and lights?

maroon88iroc

Where can I find something like this? I have tried alot of searching and see alot of companies advertising installs on towers and a couple through-hull type connectors but cant find any products to order..

I have two Polk audio speakers & tweeters on the tower right now and just ordered a light bar (Link below). Light bar says it is pre-wired so I am assuming it only needs 1 power & 1 ground run up the tower to it.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BT-5LITE225-PA

So the connector will need to have minimum of 6 pins, But Id like to get a set with 8 if I decide to run 2 more speakers up there in the long-run. Ideal would be a flange style female mounted directly to the hull with a male connector coming off the tower to plug into the Hull.

Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

I'm sure there are many options, but I remembered this thread. A google search will bring up a ton. I like to do a google search and look at the images to find what I had in mind.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40017-how-to-wire-a-skylon-swoop-tower-for-speakers-with-pictures/

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/555766.html?1206323921

Edited by Asmodeus2112
  • Like 1

Neutrik here too.

partsexpress.com has the 8 pole connectors you are looking for as well as 8 conductor 13awg wire to pull through the tower. I just went through the exercise of rewiring my tower this year, and it's not something you want to redo. Do it right this time.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help everyone looks like Neutrik from Parts express.com is a winner!

I wired my last tower and remember the aggravation, this tower is already wired for the speakers so that will make my life easy, I just need to add wires for the lights and I will be good to go.

While I have yall here what is the best insulation to put around the exposed wires? I was thinking Heat shrink but not sure if there is a better option.

Well... That's what I like about the 8 conductor snake... It's pre-wrapped with insulation around all 8 wires.

The problem with heat shrink is that it gets rigid when you heat it.

To finish it off, techflex looks nice (search for seller "furryletters" on eBay).

• Like 1