Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please Tell Me Exactly How You Put On Your Boat Cover...

I always roll boat covers back to front. Then I can stand in the bow, hook the front of the cover and walk it back while unrolling. Once back at the swim platform I hop off and deal with the tower flaps, then back on the platform to crank it down. Same procedure when it is in the water since anywhere I have to park is in under 4 ft of water.

• Like 2

back in prehistoric (aka pre-evolution)

i did the same as described above, except i added the poles in as i worked my way back. bow pole in, then backed thru the windshield opening, center pole in as i worked back to the back, rear pole in as i moved up over the engine.

The tricky part is keeping the poles in place at the bottom as you pull the covers back.

I do it from outside the boat while it's on the trailer. Start at the nose and throw as much of the cover over the windshield as possible. Go back to the nose and walk the cover back to one leg of the tower, snap and Velcro the one side. Go back to the other side and do the same. Then go from the tower leg around the back of the boat, pulling the tight cover over the rub rail. This is how I do it when I'm by myself. I do not have an evo cover. Not sure what kind it is but it seems to be pretty cheap. When I have two people, it's a little easier but it's really not a problem to do by myself.

I always roll boat covers back to front. Then I can stand in the bow, hook the front of the cover and walk it back while unrolling. Once back at the swim platform I hop off and deal with the tower flaps, then back on the platform to crank it down. Same procedure when it is in the water since anywhere I have to park is in under 4 ft of water.

+1 I have EVO no poles needed and its under my shop.

I always have atleast one other person with me. Soooo i start with the nose on my 247 and clip around the D ring in the front. After this I roll the cover back (always roll it up when taking it off) with the other person staying even. I get the cover all the way to the back then climb in to put my poles up. I then get on the back engine covers and pull the cover tight by hopping on my butt to get the strap over the rub rail. I have to hop on my butt to cause my malibu cover fits like a glove and if I dont do this the strap wont tighten on the cover right. Once the strap is around the rub rail I proceed to use my ratchets to tighten it down. Voilllllla DONE! This is atleast my method and seems to work well!

The tricky part is keeping the poles in place at the bottom as you pull the covers back.

If you place the poles on a bag of milk, they will stay in place while you tighten the cover.

If you place the poles on a bag of milk, they will stay in place while you tighten the cover.

You too...com'on...com'on...I take your bullets

If you are still using poles you are in the Stone Age.

Hangtyte

Your big time....I am a very traditional ninja...but thanks for your contribution!

My boat stays here. Brought it back home for the first time since last season. I now remember how much I hate the cover. I hate the cover, but the Bimini is a close second.

13859896544_1d06f6e8e1_z.jpg

image by Afun2011, on Flickr

• Like 2

I can usually have my boat cleaned and stored in about 30 minutes. I follow pretty close to the same routine as cipro.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Your big time....I am a very traditional ninja...but thanks for your contribution!

I rather exaggerate to make the point... But poles are that much of a PiTA and the Hangtyte works that's good. I've had it on my last 3 boats... And remember back when I was the dummy crawling back under a hot cover on my hands and knees to prop the cover back up.

One well placed Hangtyte will replace the need for all 3 poles, even on the biggest boats. Now for long term winter storage... I would want to use poles.

With storage like that, do you even use a cover? That's big time along with you mad at a ramp in Sperrys.

• Like 2

My boat stays here. Brought it back home for the first time since last season. I now remember how much I hate the cover. I hate the cover, but the Bimini is a close second.

13859896544_1d06f6e8e1_z.jpg

image by Afun2011, on Flickr

Like the shop but I don't understand why you need the poles if your putting it in that shop the pole are useless.