Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

engine storage tray(pizza pan)

keven1420

I would like to buy a engine storage tray (pizza pan) for my malibu wakesetter xti 05 # mb2t9857g405

could you help me please because my local dealer can't

or anyone ever build one ?

If they are not looking for that, they may be talking about the tray that some of the newer BU's come with that sits on top of the engine. Alot of people use them to warm towels/life jackets. Not sure where you could get them, but probably the best place to start looking is Bakes. They probably will not have them on the website, so give them a call.

I thought from reading the title there was some way to cook pizza on my engine, now I'm sad :(

I eat cause I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy cause i eat!!!...

• Like 3

I thought from reading the title there was some way to cook pizza on my engine, now I'm sad :(

I eat cause I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy cause i eat!!!...

Done it. It works. Won't actually cook it. But it does a good job of keeping it warm.

Call tj over at m20 marine. He ordered me one a few months ago. and shipped it to me. I think it was right around 100 bucks. The dealers prices where i live are outrageous so i order everything through tj. He is great to work with. ive ordered over 10k in parts from him and with shipping ive still saved over a few grand by not going to my local dealer. he will get you takin care of. 619-282-0400. you can tell him Rodney sent you.

Edited by azwakekid
  • 2 weeks later...

i got the parts number from malibu 5441016 or 5441026 but i'ts dicontinued so i need to find one in a dealer !!! ask you'r if you can

May want to do some measuring first I know the 08 VLX above engine pan want fit in the 05-08 V-ride. Now the little one above the V-drive fits like a glove.

Done it. It works. Won't actually cook it. But it does a good job of keeping it warm.

Thursday-after-work-surf-club always includes a pizza or two in the warmer around these parts!! And yes, it stays nice and warm :)

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

i have a 2013 lsv with LSA 555hp, i have a fab shop building mine up, i'm only able to make it about 4" deep with my engine, he should have mine finished and powder coated black shortly, mine is 1/8" aluminum and overly sturdy, i would suggest going a tad thinner like 14-16ga instead to make it a bit lighter, by all means going to be heavier than the plastic but without making a vac forming machine and plastic heater forget it... aluminum is easy. once the fab shop finished mine in a week or two i'll try to get a price from him. ill post in case anyone is interested assuming price is reasonable you would just need to confirm dimensions. aluminum will also be better transfer of heat for cooking pizzas! or warm towels....

does anyone have the measurements on the stock tray depth? i swear from the photos i see they dont look to be anymore than 4" deep but i could be wrong, every dealer i have says its too deep to fit with LSA 555hp but it cant be too far off ....anyhow as mentioned making one now. will post pics later

I'm looking to make one as well from aluminum as sister in law stepped in ours and cracked it badly on sides. Gorilla tape and epoxy glued it for temp fix but looking to make my own. So looking forward to your pics Hulk. If ya could share the design that would be a great help for me and all those dealing with the same issue.

I thought about making this for my VLX but I caved and just bought one from bakes. I think it was 165 shipped and definitely worth it. If you do make one I'd like to see it though.

This is on a V-Drive.. but is this kind of what you are looking for ?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/v-drive-storage-tray-r34

This is a great mod too. Really easy to make when you find the materials

1/8" alu mine isn't finished . Doesn't have the supporting sides and I'm about able to stand in it at 215 lbs without much flex. Hope to send some pics in a dy or two. I'll ask my shop how much to make them And possibly go thinner to save money weight mine is coming out way overkill on strength which is suprising. Ill be able to use as a walk through =) and aluminum is gonna make some nice warm towels!

1/8" alu mine isn't finished . Doesn't have the supporting sides and I'm about able to stand in it at 215 lbs without much flex. Hope to send some pics in a dy or two. I'll ask my shop how much to make them And possibly go thinner to save money weight mine is coming out way overkill on strength which is suprising. Ill be able to use as a walk through =) and aluminum is gonna make some nice warm towels!

I'm interested to know how is this gonna be made? Cast, welded, stamped or something else?

as shown .125" aluminum is a bit overkill, stronger than i thought, i may build another with .090" after i finish this one.

Shop guy said he could make these up for around $100 from the .090" if anyone is interested? Would depend on actual size etc..

Powder coat finish would be a bit extra $10-20 depending if he can do more than one at a time.

if anyone is interested please let me know, i could make a simple drawing where you enter your dimensions to submit.

i'll post more pics as he finishes it. Not the shop guys most urgent project at the moment =)

post-28204-0-97179700-1424901405_thumb.j

• Like 2

Hulk, you mentioned this would be strong enough to step in? Not damage the plastic over the spark arrestor ect?? Love the idea and materials ect...but step in it? I want to do mine like yours as I have had to many people step in it over last 4yrs. I just thought it would have to be thicker than .125

Yea I'm pretty sure .125" will hold a 200 lbs person Yea it will flex a bit can't say how much yet but being aluminum it should bounce back. I actually thought about making a supported cover on 1/2 or 1/3 of it to make it an actual walk through. But then you would only have about 3" under that area for storage then you could put some grip tape on it as well. I need to add sides to get the true strength and I'll let you know how much it flexes but it should easily handle normal people weight. Then you can decide if u need more than a half inch over engine based in flex or a center bar could be added to stiffen it up rock solid.