Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf gate pics help posting

badluck

This is really impressive badluck. I'm in the process of trying to design one and will steal some of your ideas. :) How does it attach to the swim deck? Backing plate? Screwed into swim bracket?

This is a very similar design to what I have planned for my boat. Love the slotted tube for a slide.

Great job

1. Go to https://imgur.com/

2. Click computer under "Upload Images"

3. Highlight pictures you want to post and click Open

4. Click "Start upload"

5. Copy BBCode links to paste into thread.

Edited by bbbabe1

Here are your other pics Badluck. Sorry it took so long.

photo3-1.jpgphoto4-1.jpg:

photo5-1.jpg//s1061.photobucket.com/user/trentj6930/media/photo2-1.jpg.html]photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

"Nice work badluck"

Looks ready to put on the market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better look at what Malibu has locked up with IP before going in that direction. Oh and a small issue concerning the patent.

I must be missing something with the slide locking spring thing, maybe just can't see the woods for the trees.

Understand the spring locking pin & how these are to work.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Tube fixed to the gate with the slot, slot in the top surface & holes (can't see them) drilled through the bottom at the desired locking position.

Spring locking pin passes through the tie rod ball end to allow for weird angles & is fixed to a rod which slides inside the slotted tube.

This provides a fixing point for the locking spring (threaded to the rod which slides inside the slotted tube) which cannot fall out while under way.

Or, maybe something else I can't imagine.

Either way, like the idea of no holes in the transom for experiments

• 2 weeks later...

I did not get much testing in, however the wake was not what I hoped for.It was lacking push and height.I will try and shorten the gate to see if that helps. Listing seems hard to beat. Mechanically they were great. I'll keep messing with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Tested them today. They are a hit. The wave was longer and cleaner with more push. The boat was listed alittle. I have a few pics but need help posting.