Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

badluck

Surf gate pics help posting

badluck

Can someone help me post my pics? I think you will like them.

badluck

Thanks,I'm not patient or savy enough for all that.More of the not patient.

bbbabe1

Email them to me and I can post them?

Malibuzer

email address?

i sent you a pm already with the email.

badluck

This is my functional mockup. No drilling and I can adjud the angles and tuck it in with a spring plunger.I will be raising the swim step 2 inches so I can tuck it in alittle more. Once the angles are figured and I'm happy with the wake I will do a permanent 1 screwed to the boat with the lencos and hopefully Martins controller.

Malibuzer

photo4.jpgphoto51.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto2.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

Malibuzer

Very cool idea. This is one idea that can be tested and removed.

Well done!

post-5478-0-32571100-1398920962_thumb.gi

ozsurf

"Nice work badluck"

Looks ready to put on the market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew63

Nice idea, no drilling & can be removed without a trace so resale is not affected.

Could not quite see how the slide adjustment bolt is secured.

Is it tapped into a solid rod inside the slotted tube where you tighten the bolt at the desired location to clamp the internal rod against the slotted tube?

badluck

The bolt in the slot is just a place holder. It will be replaced with a spring plunger.Holes will be drilled in the slide for the spring plunger to lock into.

badluck

I would have used all stainless but like I said it is a mockup.

braindamage

This is my functional mockup. No drilling and I can adjud the angles and tuck it in with a spring plunger.I will be raising the swim step 2 inches so I can tuck it in alittle more. Once the angles are figured and I'm happy with the wake I will do a permanent 1 screwed to the boat with the lencos and hopefully Martins controller.

that is awesome...

What is a spring plunger? Where is it located and how does it hold the gate in place?

Also - It looks like the bolt on the gate slides within the slot to open/close. How do you get it to stay in the open position and not slide closed when pressure from the h2o is applied?

Edited by braindamage

badluck

Holes are drilled in the bottom tube and they line up with the spring plunger.check out grainger for the spring plunger. I wish I could post a pic of 1.

braindamage

Holes are drilled in the bottom tube and they line up with the spring plunger.check out grainger for the spring plunger. I wish I could post a pic of 1.

got it...I missed the post where you stated that the bolt would be replaced with a spring plunger. I also google'd it and now know what you mean. Do you think the spring plunger will be robust enough to not snap under the pressure? Do you have a specific one that you are considering?

I think this is the best manual gate I've seen yet...which is why I'm asking so many questions.

badluck

The plunger is plenty strong. Adjusted properly the arm is straight out. I almost don't even need the pin other than to hold the gate in.I thought the interchangable/removable plates would be good for testing.

braindamage

when you move to lencos...will you still use the "slide" across the tube that mounts to the gate or will you mount the lenco so that it peforms all the movement directly to the gate?

badluck

I will be using a 3/8 plunger with the round knurled nob.

TheKiwi

I really like this system!!! I was wondering if you have the gate deployed at the same angle as surfgates?

badluck

When I move to lencos I will be bolting it to the transom.The contraption goes away.This is just for testing.I'll do a factory style instal when/if I'm happy with the wake.