Asmodeus2112

Dryer Duct for Blower Ducting

Asmodeus2112

I'm a bit scared to make this post, but any reason we can't use aluminum dryer duct from a big box store instead of that cheap marine stuff that punctures so easily?

Will the aluminum corrode?

Edited by Asmodeus2112

justgary

I have thought of that also. I stay away from it because of the salt air where I live.

Asmodeus2112

I guess it could conduct too, so probably not a good idea. I just wanted to get a few things done on the boat and didn't want to wait a few days after having it ordered online. Local West is sold out, don't really want to run around trying to find it so I guess I should just order the right stuff and move one.

Bozboat

I used the white vinyl dryer duct from the local hardware store

Kenerator

If it's 3" use the wire reinforced sewer drain for RVs. I got 20' for $7 at my local Walmart. Black and is much stronger than the vinyl stuff.

Timmay

Try brake cooling hose, the stuff used on race cars. It's quite a bit better than the stuff the factory uses.

WakingMeHappy

Stick with the real thing and you can't go wrong. Ducts aren't that expensive. I just received a duct order from Bakes so I know I got the right item.

wdr

My vent hoses are 4" I.D. diameter to fit on the 4" O.D. on the fan that died. I replaced it with "another" no name Chinese fan and upgraded to 4" corrugated down spout tube. It is flexible, holds it bend, doesn't easily crush and is not a PITA to deal with like the factory dryer hose (lame).